IV.

Mix and Match

 

A few weeks have passed since their encounter and both idols have become busy with their lives but they still found the time to relax with the Choi's although separately since their schedules didn't really match.


Taeyeon and Jiyong haven't had an opportunity to meet again until both of their groups were invited for a concert at a big arena along with some other idols.


-----------------------


It was hectic in the backstage since a lot of idols were set to perform and this was the first time that SNSD, the nations's girl group, and Bigbang, the nation's boy group, perform in one concert as they are from different companies.


Their presence of course caused the record breaking ticket sales in history of K-pop and the vast number of fans queeing outside the arena waiting for a glimpse of their favorite idols donned in the color of their fandom.


"SO NYEO SHI DAE!!!! SO NYEO SHI DAE!!!!" The SONE"s shouted while VIP's shouted at the same time "BIG BANG!!!!! BIG BANG!!!!!BIG BANG!!!!!"


The VIP's and the SONE's voices overpowered those of the others since they were 2 of the biggest famdoms in the Korea and mainly because they were trying to drown each other out.


For the first time in weeks their eyes met but they only bowed with each group since all of their members were present and a lot of people were around. 


But just that one look seemed to convey a number of messages between them.


As he glanced at Taeyeon, Jiyong saw how tired she was "she must have exhausted herself to practice for our concert. I wish she would try to find some time to rest, or at least eat, she's too thin."


While Taeyeon thought "he's not showing his usual bad boy aura today, he even acknowledged the younger idols who greeted him, is he not feeling well? He really looks tired, will he be alright during the concert?"


The other people around them didn't even notice their lingering looks as they greeted each other before going to their assigned dressing rooms.


--beep--


A text message interrupted Taeyeon's thoughts


Sender: Jiyong-oppa 😊

        Good luck Taeyeon-ah!! SNSD Hwaiting!! 😊 


Aish that guy, she couldn't help but smile as she remembered how he got her number...


Flashback to two weeks ago


As Taeyeon got out of his car Jiyong called her back


"Wait!!" He shouted so she ran back to him to know what was wrong 


Jiyong was frantically searching under his seat when she came back


"Taeyeon-ah have you seen my phone? I cant seem to find it."


"Eh? But it was just here a minute ago." Taeyeon answered him


"Then can I borrow your phone to call mine? We can find it easier if its ringing"


"Er... Okay here" she said as she gave him her phone


Riiiiiiiing~~~ riiiiiing~~


Then suddenly the sound of a phone came from his pocket.


"Oops, so that's where it was. You can save my number if you want since you now have it" Jiyong innocently said


Taeyeon could just laugh at the now blushing Dragon


"Yah oppa!!! If you wanted my number you could have asked you know" 

 

She remembered this as she replied


Sender: Taeyeon

       You too Jiyong-oppa good luck!!! 

 

then.  --beep- 

 

Sender: Jiyong-oppa

      Ha! So you did save my number!! Kekekekeke

 

Sender: Taeyeon

       Then would you prefer it if I didn't? Okay now deleting~~~~~ 


Sender: Jiyong-oppa

       Yah Kim Taeyeon! 


Sender: Taeyeon 

       Hahaha just kidding oppa. Text you later then. It's my turn for the make-up.


Sender: Jiyong-oppa 

      Ok. Laters

 

And just as she was shutting her phone off he once again texted

 

Sender: Jiyong-oppa 

       BTW tell them you don't need the make-up, you're already beautiful.


Taeyeon blushed profusely as she replied


Sender: Taeyeon 

       Omo... Kwon Jiyong-ssi are you possibly flirting with me? 


Sender: Jiyong-oppa 

       Why Kim Taeyeon-ssi whatever gave you the idea that I was? 


Sender: Taeyeon 

       Oh I don't know Kwon Jiyong-ssi, maybe because you keep texting me who is        
       only your lowly hoobae


Sender: Jiyong-oppa 

       Is there a problem Kim Taeyeon-ssi if a sunbae keeps texting his lovely little 
       hoobae??


Sender: Taeyeon 

       Are you calling me small Kwon Jiyong-ssi?


Sender: Jiyong-oppa 

       Ani Kim Taeyeon-ssi, I'm calling you MINE

 

Dugeun. Duguen. 

Aish this oppa! 

 

Jiyong unconsciously smiled seeing Taeyeon's group number in the list of performers next to his group which means that he gets to see her perform from the side of the stage. And he couldn't stop himself from lightly chuckling at his and Taeyeon's banter.


"Hyung, I know that our schedules have been really hectic but you don't have to act crazy. Look at you all smiling and laughing by yourself" teased Seungri


"Hahahahaha he's right hyung" followed up by Daesung


"If I didn't know you better I'd say you're crazy too" said Yongbae as he took a seat next to Jiyong


"So who is it? Who's the lucky girl that has got our bad- leader smiling like a lovesick fool" asked TOP while trying to look at Jiyong's phone.


Jiyong quickly hid his phone from their prying eyes just in case they read his messages.


"Mwo!!! Yah.Yah.Yah!!! Who's the lovesick fool!! I-i just s-saw a fu-funny picture in instagram" 


"Hahahaha If you see could see yourself right now hyung you look like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar" 


"Don't be too obvious hyung!!" Teased the youngest members of Big Bang


"I can't believe that i would live to see the day that the great G-Dragon blushes and stutters in front of other people" Top declared as he patted Jiyong on the shoulder.


"What the heck!! Drop it you guys, I'm telling you it was nothing!!!" Jiyong irritatedly shouted.


"Fine, fine if that's how you like it, but sooner or later we'll get our answers" said Yongbae as they all finished their preparations for their number, but the members still sniggered and teased their leader.


------------------------------


Taeyeon's thoughts kept going back to him while Jiyong also couldn't keep her out of his mind especially when she replied to his messages.


They were only able to concentrate when it was their turn at the stage, they were professionals after all.


The concert was a blast. 


Their collabs were a hit and their fan service was well received. 


The idols were also surprised that the fans knew almost all of their songs and sang with them, bias or not, the audience didn't care who they are singing with and just sang the songs as loud as they could.


All their fans enjoyed the concert and even the idols who tirelessly practiced for this day had fun with their fans. 


The show ended with all the idols on stage bowing and thanking all of those who came to see their concert and promising more collaborations in the future if their companies allow it.


Kansahamnida!!!!Kansahamnida!!!!
Thank you for coming!!!!! Saranghae everyone!!!! 
Wooh!!!! Yeah!!!!!
Good night everyone!!!!
Goodnight Seoul!!!!!! 
Annyeong SONES!!!!!!
Good night VIPs!!!!!


The idols shouted repeatedly as they went to the backstage amidst the calls from their fans.


Because of the success of their concert the girls were given a few days to rest before resuming their promotions. A news well received by everyone who decided to go to their own homes instead of the dorms, they were all just too tired to attend the after party organized by the by SM for all the participating idols at a high end club. 


Before going home the SNSD girls decided to watch the news while they were resting at their dressing hoping to hear about their concert but a news flash interrupted the reports about their concert.


There had been a big accident at a road near the arena where they performed, it was reported that a lot of people were injured and were rushed to the hospital while a few had died on the spot.


"Chincha!!! Oh my I hope those people get better."

"Had they come from our concert??"

"Oh that poor child must be so scared..."

"Is that a baby, oh God"


The girls and their manager's energies got more drained upon hearing the horrifying news.


But Taeyeon's body froze as the names of the people who died in the accident flashed on screen...


she stopped breathing.... 


No.. 


No... No... No...


No!!!!!!! She couldn't stop the tears as they fell from her eyes "no it can't be them, i refuse to believe it... No!!!!!!" she tried to reason out in her brain but her heart said otherwise.


No one noticed her weird reaction because everyone was too engrossed watching the news then the door suddenly slammed open...


Bang!!!!!

 


"Tae..." 


G-Dragon was standing by the door of their dressing room, he was already out of his stage outfit but what surprised them the most was his face drenched in tears.


 "Is it true..?? Are they really....???" 


He couldn't even finish his questions as he pointed at the tv set while staring at Taeyeon who was already silently crying from the back of her group, no trace of their earlier excitement and playful banter could be seen.


"G-Dragon-ssi, did you need anything?" SNSD's manager asked when he recognized the person who just entered.


But Jiyong just stood there silently before he came in and forcefully grabbed Taeyeon's hand

 

"let's go..." 

 

"Girls I- I need to go, i'll call you later" she shouted before she disappeared from their sight shocking everyone in the room.


"They knew each other?" "Were they crying?" "What's going on?" 


The girls asked themselves, even the managers were shocked as they tried to comprehend what just happened.


Did G-Dragon really come in and drag Taeyeon out? And why in the world would Taeyeon willingly go with him? 


As far as they know the two haven't even interacted before, much less bonded aside from their greetings during shows. 


These questions remained unanswered as the two people in question ran to the parking lot.


A lot of people from backstage who knew them called out including Jiyong's manager and members who came after him when he suddenly ran out of their dressing room without a word, but the two just continued running like they didn't hear anyone, like nothing else but their destination mattered.


They both ran as if their lives depended on it without caring what the people who they ran pass by would think, not their friends, not their managers, not their fans who were waiting by the back door and not the reporters who were always watching their every move.


To hell with scandals. It was not time to think about themselves, the Choi's needed them, they had to go.

 

 

 

 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 


"I'm sorry we tried everything we could to save them, I am deeply sorry for your loss..."


The doctor's words kept repeating in Jiyong's head. 


"No this can't be true, this has to be a dream, yes..yes i'll wake up from this, i'll be waking up any minute now, please God, please let this be a dream" Jiyong told himself but his silent prayers were stopped when he once again saw Taeyeon's form sitting on the floor outside the morgue as she cried for her unnie.


"Taeyeon-ah.... please stop crying... please...." Jiyon said but Taeyeon still continued sobbing so he sat down next to her and hugged her tightly.


"Jiyong oppa...what do we do?? Who'll take care of their funeral?? What about Jiyeon?? What's going to happen to her now???" 


Taeyeon said as she voiced out her concerns.She has calmed down a little when Jiyong hugged her.


"I don't know Tae... I don't know.... but don't worry we'll take care of her. We won't let her be taken from us... One step at a time Tae. Let's take this one step at a time" 


He said as he tried to console the girl who was silently crying beside him. 


Jiyong knew he needed to be strong not only for herself but also for Taeyeon and Jiyeon. 


They have all suffered a great loss but it was so hard to be strong when all he wanted to do was break down and cry, cry and hope that his tears could wash up all the pain he felt and he wanted to shout and scream to drown out the sadness in his heart.


But no, he couldn't do that. Not when someone depends on him. Not when someone needs him.


"Ms. Kim? Mr. Kwon?" A doctor asked as he and another man approached them. 


"We are sorry for your loss and I hate to interrupt your time for grieving but an the urgent matter of their child is at hand. She was also in the car during the accident but was thankfully not injured."

"According to our files, the two of you are listed as her parent's next of kin, but as you are not related to Mr. Choi and Ms. Lee by blood we may not be able to grant you custody of the child." Said the man who was revealed to be a social worker assigned at that hospital.


"You can't do that!!! I won't let you take her away!!" Taeyeon shouted at them.


"Calm down Taeyeon!! Please!!" Jiyong pleaded as he tried to calm her down once again.


"What can we do sir? How can we take her with us?" He asked the social worker.


"You'll have to schedule a court meeting for that, but for now you can take her home for her parent's funeral as she's still not used to other people yet" He said just as another social worker came out carrying the wailing Jiyeon.


"Poor child, losing both parents at a young age, please take care of her. She has been crying non-stop when they got her out of the car" she said when Taeyeon took the baby from her.


Jiyeon seeming to recognize the person holding her calmed down and hugged Taeyeon's neck as she held her close.


"Please bring the child with you when you appear in court two weeks time from now for the child's custody hearing" the man said while looking at the young idols who were watching the now smiling baby Jiyeon staring intently at Taeyeon.


"Again we are sorry for your loss. Take care. We will leave you now"


Jiyong and Taeyeon respectfully bowed at the two social workers and the doctor before they left.


"We need to call our managers And our members Tae, they must be worried about us now" Jiyong suddenly said.


And he was right. As they both opened their phones they had tons of missed calls and messages from their groupmates and their managers.


Taeyeon's screen showed her:
39 missed calls
88 messages


While Jiyong's phone had:
819 missed calls
85 messages


He had more since Big Bang weren't given a rest day unlike SNSD who had at least a week off.


He had already missed his flight for a promotion in Hong Kong that night, not including the after party that they were supposed to go to before leaving which was prepared by his YG family. Knowing him, everyone was already worried when the YG's golden boy, the King of Parties, G-Dragon was no where to be found.


So Taeyeon went first and called her manager while Jiyong listened in on their conversation.


"Hello? Oppa?" 


She started but her member's loud voices in the background told her that they were on speaker.


"Taeyeon-ah where are you and G-Dragon-ssi?" Asked her manager when he answered the call


"Yah! Kim Taeyeon what the hell happened???!!" Tiffany butted in before Taeyeon could even speak


"Taengoo!!!Taeng where are you?!" Asked Sooyoung and Yoona at the same time.


"You just ran away with G-freaking-Dragon did you know that???!!" Yuri shouted from the phone as well.


"Yah! Yah! Yah! Taeyeon-ah are you dating GD sunbae???!!!" Sunny also shouted from the background.


"Unnie is everything alright? Why were you crying?" Asked their ever-dependable Maknae. 


Her question made the older girls pause for a bit since they actually forgot about that part earlier. 


Then Tiffany asked, "Are you with G-Dragon sunbae right now Tae? What happened?"


Because of the worry in her friend's voice Taeyeon couldn't stop a sob from escaping her lips. A sob that didn't escape the ears of her friends.


"Hey. Hey why are you crying?? Please tell us...please." Tiffany pleaded


"I'm sorry Tiffany-ssi, Taeyeon is no longer capable of talking to you at the moment. Don't worry for now I'll take care of her. I'll make sure she calls you again later. Oh and manager-hyung, will you please tell your bosses not to worry about her if they ask, and tell them not to worry because we won't cause a scandal. Can you let her off for a few days?" Jiyong said as he took the phone from Taeyeon who was crying once again.


"Okay, we'll trust your words for now, take care of her G-Dragon-ssi and please keep your word. Also please tell Taeyeon that we expect an explanation from her when she comes back. For your request, the girls were already goven their one week bacation to do as they please " SNSD's manager replied.


Uwaah~ uwaah~


Then as Jiyong shut the phone off, the girls on the other line heard the loud cry of a baby.


----------------------------------------------------------------


(The girls on the other line...)


"Was that a baby?" 
"Where could they possibly be?"
"Who's child was that?"


They asked each other but no one had an answer, all they can do is to wait for their leader to come back, but for how long they didn't know...


-----------------------------------


Uwaah~ uwaaah~ uwaah~


The baby had once again resumed crying as Taeyeon did so, as if she felt Taeyeon's pain.


As if she understood the sorrow that the two adults beside her felt.


As if she knew that her life has just changed and would never be the same again.


To Jiyong, seeing Taeyeon crying while hugging Jiyeon, who was also crying in her arms, was heartbreaking and he couldn't stop himself from putting his arms around them because it was all he could do for them to try to help ease their pain.


Because no one can turn time around however much they wished it otherwise. 


Because what has happened can not be undone by the will of man. 


The only thing that they can do is to learn to accept everything and to live, to live for the ones that have lost their lives and to live for the one who has yet to live the life set for her.

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Was the drama too much??? Stay tuned for what happens next in the GTAE couple's lives okay!! Pardon my mistakes in the story guys, English is not my first language. Oh and any comments are hingly appreciated!!! Thank you also to our new subscribers!!!! And once again GTAE shippers hwaiting!!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ (Anyone notice the number of missed calls and messsages they had? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ


P.S.I don't know much about the laws/traditions/customs of Korea my only basis are those from K-dramas that I've watched and our own laws/customs here in the Philippines so please bear with me. and can anybody tell me how to put up a cover for this story? I already made one but when I input the link from photobucket, it wouldn't work.