"You Don't Even Know..."

With Blue Fire

 

“Y—you know the answer to that Wonwoo…” Mingyu breathed out, gaining courage to talk back to the elder. “You know exactly what!”

Wonwoo turned around, his face was red and tears were rolling down his cheeks, he was broken, distraught and somehow Mingyu knew it was him who broke him.

“TELL ME WHAT IS IT MINGYU?!” This time it was Wonwoo who threw the question.

 


 

Me and Wonwoo-hyung?” Mingyu asked frazzled and utterly surprised.

It was a few weeks before their first concert and Seungchol walked up to Mingyu, telling him that he and Wonwoo would be doing a stage together at the concert.

They were at the Pledis building, doing all the necessary preparations when Seungchol suddenly approached him with the proposition.

“I’m cool with it but…” Mingyu was hesitant to continue, “…is it cool with Wonwoo hyung?”

Truth be told; the younger felt that a strain in the relationship had began to form.

Back in their trainee days they would be inseparable, him and Wonwoo. They would be at each other’s tail for the entire day, even sleeping next to each other at night.

But when they were revealed to the public and the real stress of being an idol dawned on them, somehow their friendship started seeing cracks, chips in their strong built home.

He tries to play with the other, be like how they were before but it felt as if Wonwoo was just being forced to do, be it that they were done in public by Mingyu, he didn’t have much of a choice, it was the only free time they had. Besides wanting to flaunt his adoration for his hyung in public.

He remembers the time when he and Wonwoo had barely spoken a word at each other during their first album, being one of the most painful times in Mingyu’s life, feeling that a part of him was no longer there.


It was then he started thinking of Wonwoo in a different light.

He missed him truly yet they were in the same place every day.

He missed him even though they were mere inches apart.

His missed that deep y voice he would hear every time Wonwoo would speak, playing like music  to his ears.

His heart ached every time he saw Wonwoo smiling and he wasn’t the one making him smile.

His mind reeled every time he saw Wonwoo smile for the cameras, that smile was supposed to be his.

His fists balled up each time someone else would have their arms wrapped around Wonwoo’s frame, those arms are supposed to be his, gathering Wonwoo in his embrace.

He was afraid of what he was feeling, angry at how his heart was beating. Mad at how he knew Wonwoo doesn’t feel the same.

Sadly he built his resolve bitterly, not wanting to cut the last ties he knew he had with the other by professing something more than an amends to their friendship. He was unknowingly showing anger and distance towards the one person he wanted to grow closer to, reverberating with an aura of disclosure.

Their friendship was burning cold, yet just like a blue flame, dim it may seem...


The day of the concert arrived and somehow Mingyu felt like something was going to transpire.

He knew by the way he woke up that day that he won’t be going to bed the same. He shrugged it off as the excitement of an idol for his very first concert but something else nudged in his bones early that morning.

 

He finally understood what his suspicions meant when it came for his and Wonwoo’s solo stage. He look to his side to see Wonwoo totally ignoring him when they were backstage, not his old chatty and playful self.

When the lights went dim and they were sent off to their places, slowly a fire started to burn inside of Mingyu, something he’d never felt before. The roar of the crowd, the beat of the music, the hasten of his pulse and the adrenaline that surged through his body was gnawing at him to make a move, to make Wonwoo look at him,

To Make Wonwoo understand…

 


 

“HOW CAN YOU BE SO DENSE HYUNG?!” Mingyu yelled back angrily as he saw the tears roll down Wonwoo’s cheeks.

Wonwoo walked over to the nearest wall and collapsed against it, sliding down until he was sitting on the wooden floor, cowering down as he hid his face in his arms and cried down.

 


 

Mingyu couldn’t hold in the fires burning inside of him as he looked at Wonwoo while they were on stage, their platform slowly spinning.

When it came to his part he opened his valve and out poured all his emotions in his rhymes; showing his heart and soul as his voice escalated and escalated.

Soon the two were half across the stage, heads swimming in absolute anger, Mingyu not knowing how but now their performance seemed more like an intense argument, both of them spewing out more than just the lyrics to the song.

Come Mingyu’s part he too was saying things more than the words of the song;

‘WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS HYUNG?’ he howled pained in his mind, wanting to replace the lyrics with his own words but knew not to.

‘DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING TO ME?’

‘DO YOU EVEN HAVE A CLUE?’

‘LOOK AT ME HYUNG!’

‘TELL ME SOMETHING!’

When it came time for them to meet at the center of the stage, neither of them were holding back.

He could see the same fire that burned inside of him burn in Wonwoo’s eyes, scalding and torching the every stage they stood on.

He saw through the bright blue fires that burned intensely around Wonwoo and saw something behind, he saw the real meaning to the flames.

‘…could it be?’ he asked himself, doubting that the elder couldn’t see him in another light even just for a second, but somehow it urged him on.  

As he inched closer to Wonwoo his vision began to dim, hearing nothing but his heart-beat, tunnel-vision into seeing nothing but Wonwoo, feeling nothing but the anger Wonwoo caused him.

He shoved the elder, making him stumble backwards, walking around him to gain back his senses.

When he stood back right in front of Wonwoo, this time it was the elder who shoved him back hard, jolting him to the others surprising behavior, both of them already acting out sporadically.

Suddenly their heads were butted against each other, sending a jolt of pain down his body, but the pain was nothing to the pain he was feeling inside.

He looked into Wonwoo’s flaming eyes, seeing the rawest the elder has ever been, clearest as he’s ever been.

Those seconds felt like hours as their foreheads touched, feeling each other’s breath ghost against their skin, feeling sweat bead down their skin as the intensity of the situation burned on.

He needed touch him, he needed to let Wonwoo know that he heard, he read his eyes and heard his pleas, he needed to let the elder know.

He smirked when he felt the anger surge through Wonwoo with feverous passion that he couldn’t help himself, latching his lips against Wonwoo’s hand holding up his microphone as he rapped on,

He kissed it lightly, but was enough to send arcs of lightning down their spines

His craving was clawing far too much, Wonwoo was far too close, he couldn’t control himself longer.

He pushed him away and walked to the other side of the stage, needing distance before God knows what he could do to Wonwoo.

 


 

“WONWOO!!!” Jeonghan cried out when their mini-bus stopped in front of the Pledis building later that evening. Wonwoo sprang up from his seat, silent for the entire trip as the rest of the group was discussing how their concert went while the two were ominously silent in their own seats, far from each other. Mingyu was seated at the back watching Wonwoo’s movement from afar, his body yearning for Wonwoo’s touch but knew that after that stage the other had  been silent; deathly silent.

When they arrived at the building Wonwoo shot up and ran out of the bus.

“Won…” Mingyu breathed out immediately rushing pass his seatmate Dokyeom, running up the aisle and rushing after Wonwoo.

Their manager was about to yell out when Seungchol stopped him; “Uh hyung…I think those two need some time alone…”

“Huh?” Their manager asked with a baffled look, but saw the earnest intentions in Seungchol’s eyes and couldn’t do nothing but agree. “A-alright then…I might as well give you the night…” Telling the driver to bring them to the boy’s dorm, leaving Mingyu and Wonwoo alone.

Mingyu chased after Wonwoo into the empty Pledis building.

“HYUNG!” Mingyu yelled out as the other kept on running heading to their studio. “Wonwoo-hyung! Wait!!!”

But his pleas were unheard as Wonwoo just kept on running.

“DAMN IT HYUNG!” Mingyu yelled out, already exhausted enough from the concert. “I—I’m sorry for kissing you and doing that back at the stage! Please hyung—“

Mingyu couldn’t take it anymore; his anger, his frustration, irritation, exhaustion everything came crashing down on him and when the two of them came into the practice room he finally snapped;

“TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT WONWOO!”

 “DAMN IT WON PLEASE!!!”

Silence then engulfed the room, nothing can be heard save for their ragged breathing.

“You tell me Gyu…” he said almost in a whisper, his voice torn by his emotions, betrayed by his own heart.

 

“HOW CAN YOU BE SO DENSE HYUNG?!” Mingyu yells, anger boiling so hot that he could feel his veins burn with heat, he needed to let this out, he needed Wonwoo to know.

 

Mingyu’s heart is being torn to pieces, anger surging through his veins with feverous intensity, but all of it changed the second he heard Wonwoo whimper in tears.

Inside their barely lit dance studio Mingyu was standing near the door while Wonwoo was slumped down on the floor in tears.

Each time Wonwoo whimpers was like a dager being sunk into Mingyu’s heart; he did this, he needed to fix this…

He inched closer, the sounds of his shoes echoing across the wooden floor and bouncing off the walls.

“Wonwoo…” he breathed softly, fearing that he might shatter the already damaged Wonwoo even more.

He knelt down when he made it up to Wonwoo, seeing his figure shudder in tears. Mingyu knew he was the reason why the other was such a mess, he saw it in Wonwoo’s eyes when they were in stage, he saw how broken down the other was, and he wanted to change that.

“Wonwoo…look at me…” Mingyu whispered, reaching out and touching Wonwoo’s cheeks. “…hyung, please…”

Wonwoo slowly looked up, surprised to see Mingyu so close to him, but his words still came out clear, though his voice was clouded by his tears;

“…tell me.” Wonwoo said brokenly. “…please.”

Mingyu knew exactly what to say, he wanted to say, what he needed to say, yet somehow his words were betraying him.

He needed to tell the other the only way he knew he could.

He leaned in close, placing his lips right in front of Wonwoo’s, hands cupping the other’s cheeks and for a second he stopped, looking at Wonwoo who’s eyes were trained right back at his; no words needed to be exchanged.

He saw the fires burn behind Wonwoo’s eyes and Wonwoo saw the fires in his, they were low, yet both could feel it warmth.

He closed the gap, their lips coming together, both their eyes shut as they poured their souls into each other.

It was silent in the room, but both of them can hear it, their hearts saying the words their lips failed to say;  

‘I love you…’

 

 

“The blue flame burns the hottest”


A/N

For those who saw a  tag on this story I'm so sorry but I didn't include it in this one. 
But don't call the town's people and hunt me down with pitchforks, torches and cotton-candy just yet...I WILL BE WRITING A SEQUEL FOR THIS so just you wait. 

Sorry if this was a crap-fest, this was my first Meanie fic and honestly I don't know which one of the is the dom and which one is the sub cause frankly their both too ing hot...but damn mingyu be fine and ing smexy on this one;

(^)_(^)