Damsel in Distress

Take One

When Seungcheol’s parents enlisted him to help out for Seunghee’s birthday, the sixteen year old thought that he would just be setting up the decorations, help pass out the cake, making sure the kids don’t kill each other, ectera ectera ectera, but boy was he wrong.

 

Somehow he’d gotten roped into playing knight and princess with the kids.That doesn’t sound too bad does it? He’d say no, if he had the role of the knight. But he’s got a sparkling tiara on his head and he’s sitting up in the treehouse pretending to be a damsel in distress stuck in a tower while his little sister fights off the ‘monsters’ down below.

 

Turns out he doesn’t mind the tiara that much. Seunghee told him ‘it makes you look pretty!’ and honestly he adores his little sister too much to argue with that. Besides it’s only for a few hours, as long as none of his friends show up (which he doubts will happen), he can act like a princess desperate for her savior without worrying about getting teased relentlessly for a couple of weeks.

 

What he doesn’t count on is his mom leading a latecomer to the party, dragging her older brother in tow just when Seungcheol crushes his little sister in a bear hug dramatically thanking her for saving him.

 

Seunghee squeals in delight, squirming out of his arms before running to the newcomer and glomping her with a happy cry of ‘Jinah!’.

 

Seungcheol, on the other hand, chokes on his spit and attempts to scramble for a place to hide before Hong ing Jisoo notices him with a tiara on his head.

 

He fails miserably, Jisoo locks eyes with him before he even has a chance to run and his lips curve up in that little cat-like smile and he’s walking over to him, , MY LIFE. (Now he desperately wishes it was one of his friends instead of his crush of all people who’d show up.)

 

“Hi Seungcheol.”

 

“Hi.” He manages to squeak out before clearing his throat. “I mean, hey, what’s up? I didn’t know my sister knew yours.”

 

“I didn’t either.” Jisoo laughs. “They must be close though if Jinah’s actually letting your sister hug her.”

 

Seungcheol does not swoon a little just listening to Jisoo. He’s about to respond when Seunghee and Jinah both run over, Jinah holding another tiara in her hand.  

 

“Jisoo! Down!” Jinah demands, tugging at her brother’s leg. He gives his little sister a sour look, smiling when she adds an impatient ‘Please?’ before squatting down to her level, asking what she wanted.

 

Instead of saying anything, Jinah takes the tiara in her hands and jams it on top of Jisoo’s head, laughing at him with Seunghee when he yelps and almost topples over. Seungcheol instantly grabs the other boy, steadying him while scolding his sister, who pretends not to hear him.

 

“You and Cheol oppa are princesses now!” Seunghee exclaims before running off with Jinah to the rest of the children while Jisoo just gapes after them.

 

“That tiara suits you really well.” Seungcheol blurts out, snapping his mouth shut with pink dusting his cheeks when Jisoo turns and gapes at him instead. Oh curse him and his big mouth. He’s about to apologize when Jisoo beams at him and wait, hold up, is he blushing?

 

“You really think so?” Jisoo asks almost shyly, poking at the tiara on his head. Seungcheol nods, not trusting himself to talk again. “I think your tiara suits you too.” the brunette giggles, tapping Seungcheol’s own tiara before getting up, jogging over to the group of children. Seungcheol stares after him, mouth hanging open until Seunghee shouts at him to hurry up.

 

If Jisoo thinks he’s cute with a tiara, Seungcheol can definitely deal with wearing one for a few hours.

 


a/n: i am really slow at writing otl
for woozdum, my cheolsoo buddy!