THE HAPPY ENDING

It's Not Like The Movies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE HAPPY ENDING

 

The driver did come to pick Tiffany a week later, eight hours earlier than promised. But instead of the big house or a notable restaurant, the limo brought her to the airport instead. And before she knew it, she was already on a flight to Thailand.

They had dinner by the beach of white sand and zephyr wind. Various dishes were on the table but Tiffany was too distracted by the absurdity of the whole situation to enjoy the meal.

“If this is your way of showing off, I'm completely not impressed.” She crossed her arms.

“I have promised you a dinner but a sudden change of my shooting schedule got in the way. I'm just trying not to break another promise here.”

She scoffed, sipping her Piña Colada while staring at him. His posture seemed relaxed but Tiffany could easily see how tired he actually was. Maybe this wasn't really the right time to object about his choice of dinner place.

They went silent, eating without words. Tiffany had spent the whole week weighing his proposition. Despite the initial disapproval toward his approach, she had started to see reasons to agree. They had an unfinished business in the past and Tiffany wanted a closure. She wanted a reason to completely erase him from her memory. She wanted a proof of how an actual jerk Choi Seunghyun was so she could put ten years worth of waiting to an end.

But damn she was also afraid to fall for him all over again. Because truth be told, no man had the same effect Choi Seunghyun had on her. Even with a large dinner table between them Tiffany could feel herself drawn to him. As if he was still the same oppa from high school that radiating rebellion and forbidden love.

“So?” Seunghyun lifted his glass of mojito. “A toast to another chance?”

Her finger traced the rim of her glass, eyes looked away at the silver moon that shone above the ocean. “What will happen if I say no?”

“I'll leave you stranded in this country.” His grin lasted a few second before he also stared at the moon. “I'll let you go. I'll never bother you again.”

Tiffany turned to look at him, aching to see the truth. The longing and sadness in his brown orbs took her by surprise. She was confused and in doubt but looking at his eyes somehow spurred a decision from the deepest part of her heart.

Her hand trembled a little as she lifted her glass. Across the table, his eyes shone bright under the light of the moon when their glasses clinked.

“To another chance.” Tiffany downed her drink in one go, hoping that she had made the right decision.

“To another chance.” Seunghyun smiled.

It was that heart-throbbing smile that Tiffany had missed so much.

Tiffany yawned from under the cover, pulling the fluffy fabric over her head. Sun rays started filtering through the space between the blinds. The bright morning light forcing her to completely get out of her sleep but she was not about to give up her beautiful dream just like that.

But then it dawned on her. Where she was and how she got there. She jolted up, scanning the deluxe room, her senses slowly came back in.

Oh lord what had happened?

She took a peek under the cover, she still had the same sundress and cardigan she had worn for last night dinner. Her were still on down there.

That meant they didn't do it right?

But she could not remember for sure. She couldn't even remember how many drink she had last night. Her mind was so clouded but she vaguely recalled how they walked side by side along the windy beach and the sweet taste of his lips.

Maybe they had done nothing but kissing.

She got out of the bed slowly, noticing the complete breakfast available on the mahogany table. There was a stem of white rose by the plate of croissants, along with a pink card with Seunghyun's handwriting on it.

She took the rose first, inhaling the sweet smell of the petals before reading the note.

Got work to do.

Eat. Rest.

See you at the dinner table.

 

~SH~

 

PS : We didn't do it.

 

She let out a relieved breath, flopping onto the cozy chair but getting up again upon remembering that she was supposed to be at work too, miles away from here.

She called Hyoyeon, feigning flu and fever and asked for three days leave. To her surprise, Hyoyeon accepted her excuse just like that, simply telling her to take care. She shrugged the anomaly off, her stomach already begging to be filled.

When she entered the bathroom to take a bath a few minutes later, her gaze fell on three large shopping bags on the vanity. There were various items of clothes in them. All coming from luxurious brands, all were exactly her size. He even bought her a pair of sneakers and this killer pair of Louboutin she had been dying to have.

Sorry if they don't fit your size.

You are a lot skinnier than 10 years ago.

~ SH~

PS : I like chubby Stephanie better.

 

She smiled at the words she found on another pink card, couldn't help but appreciating his effort.

The rest of the day was spent with a walk on the beach and a visit to a traditional market. After a late lunch she fell into an exhausted sleep on the bed. The ticking clock showed that it was already four p.m.

It was already 6.45 p.m when she woke up. Her eyes immediately caught sight of Seunghyun sleeping on the couch. It was easy to spot marks of weariness on his sleeping face. Tiffany knelt by his side, caressing his head. “Seunghyun, wake up.”

“Huh?” He blinked. Their eyes met. She smiled. He blinked once more before jolting up, hand pressed on his forehead. “I'm sorry. I fell asleep.”

“It's okay.” She kept smiling while bending over him. His hair sticking out in every direction and when he rubbed his eyes, he looked a tad bit adorable. “Move to the bed. You are too tall. It must have been uncomfortable to sleep with your legs folded like that.”

He shook his head, standing up. “What time is it? Almost seven? We should get ready for dinner.”

“Go back to sleep.” She pushed him to the bed. “I'll order something in.”

“And eat here?” He frowned. “It won't be fun.”

“It can be.” Tiffany winked. “Sleep!”

“Donuts. Really, Steph?”

She chuckled at his expression. He had showered and looked extra refreshed after another hour of sleep, but his disapproval of the menu was clearly shown on his face.

“You still love donuts, don't you?” She took one from the box and fed it to Seunghyun.

He bit half of the donut, smiling at Tiffany as he chewed. “You still remember my favorite food?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter