THE TURNING POINT

It's Not Like The Movies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE TURNING POINT

“The draft for the next edition.” Tiffany ceremoniously dropped a folder onto Kim Hyoyeon's desk. “Seoul fashion week full coverage. The historical article on Korean women fashion that you've been nagging me to complete. And all other little things needed to make our magazine sold out in less than one minute.”

Hyoyeon, Tiffany's long time best friend who was also the editor in chief of Marie Claire Korea, just nodded and set the folder aside. Her hand signaled Tiffany to take a seat.

Tiffany groaned, sitting on the velvety chair and took a candy bar from the bowl on the desk. “What do you want me to do now, mad chief Hyo? Don't tell me you change your mind on the theme for this edition again.”

“Stop calling me mad chief. I'm your boss.” Hyoyeon swatted Tiffany's hand, so effective the candy fell right back into the bowl. “And it's too early for your usual sugar rush, cheerfany.”

Tiffany pouted, propping her chin in one hand. “Arasso, mad boss Hyo. What else this cheerful friend of yours need to do for you? Walking your dog again?”

“No.” Hyo shook her head. “Just a sudden celebrity interview.”

“Oh goodie.” Tiffany clapped her hands while a mocking smile was plastered across her bright face. “Please let it be the great RDJ. Or Leo Dicaprio. Tell me you are sending me to LA in a private jet.”

“Dream on, Fany. Dream on.” Hyoyeon laughed. “But mind you, this celebrity is on his way to be Korean RDJ too.”

Tiffany's eyes bulged out. She knew exactly who it was. “No! Noooo. Why me?”

“Everybody else is unavailable at this instance.”

“Send Jonghyun. He's the entertainment editor.”

“He's on sick leave, you pabo.”

“Do it via phone. E-mail. Twitter. Post card. Smoke signal. I don't care.”

“Don't be silly.”

“I can't do it. Sorry.” She stood up. “You need to find someone else. Send someone from second floor, any of them will go crazy to grab this chance.”

“I can't just send any new journalist for this interview. You know that.” Hyoyeon sighed. “I know he's your less favorite Korean celebrity. But an hour photo shoot and interview won't hurt, Fany-yah. Despite what media portrays him to be, he's a nice guy. I know him personally.”

“Why don't you go interview him then?”Tiffany's hand was already on the door handle. "He's a womanizer, Hyo. I don't like him."

“Well, if you insist.” Hyoyeon stood up, dramatically rest her hand on her bulging belly while letting out a heavy sigh. “I guess I'll just strut to Four Seasons in my current condition. I heard they give lifetime room discount if you give birth in their elevator.”

“Don't you dare using your children to persuade me. Not when they are still inside your big belly.”

“Hey! No word on the size of my belly, remember?' Hyo frowned. “I'm going to interview this famous celebrity myself because, apparently, my subordinate don't just interview any celebrity that doesn't meet her moral standards. Nobody is persuading anyone here.” Slinging her bag in the crook of her arm, Hyoyeon walked away from the desk only to rub her belly dramatically in front of Tiffany. “Aigooo. Don't kick mommy that hard little ones. We've got an interview to do.”

“Seeeesh. Sit back on your comfortable chair, Kim Hyoyeon. I'll do the interview.” Tiffany opened the door, eyes narrowed dangerously at her best friend. “Don't you afraid of what your babies might think of their manipulating mommy?”

“They will think I'm awesome” Hyoyeon snickered as she swaddled back to her desk. “And they will love their Fany auntie sooooo much.”

“Shut it, Kim Hyoyeon.” She stormed out of the room, leaving her grinning best friend.

“Hello,” Hyoyeon, still grinning, made a phone call while reclining on her seat. “Yes. TOP-ssi. She's heading your way.”

TOP.

Rapper/Singer/Actor.

The hottest stuff in Korean entertainment industry, had successfully starred in two Hollywood movie hits.

Busy. Rich. Handsome. Playboy.

Allegedly involved in many scandals involving women and drugs.

And also happened to be the same person who had broke Tiffany's heart ten years ago.

But he seemed to completely unaware of it all. TOP a.k.a Choi Seunghyun sat in front of her now, all graceful and good looking. Way better than most people had seen on TV. Everything about him gave out the air of luxury and class, from his designer shoes to the high-end shades that he had just took off to show his handsome face.

Tiffany sighed. She met him again for the first time after ten years yet her admiration toward him seemed to be at the same level like it had been in high school. And that because she was supposed to be hating him to the bone at the moment.

“Hyung. Please take Kyungsoo-ssi and Naeun to get some late lunch at the restaurant first. We've worked so hard today.” He asked his manager a favor while smiling a crooked one at Tiffany. “Let's start the interview, shall we?”

Tiffany gulped, turning to look at Kyungsoo, silently begging for the photographer not to leave her alone with Seunghyun. But her co-worker was too busy talking with the pretty stylist as he put all his equipment back into the bag. And then, like the flash of his camera, he quickly left with the stylist and the manager, not even giving Tiffany a second look.

“So, TOP-ssi.” Tiffany cleared , tapping at the recording button on her phone and set the device on top of the coffee table where TOP had his feet perched. “Thank you for agreeing to this interview.”

“Why Tiffany?” He leaned forward, hands playing with the name card Tiffany had given him upon their first greeting an hour ago. “What's happened to Stephanie Kwon Miyoung?”

“She's fine.” Tiffany looked away. “May I suggest we continue with the interview, TOP-ssi? So you can get to your next schedule immediately.”

“I like Stephanie better. The mushroom hair, the eye-smile. This look,” He tilted his chin toward her, “seems too foreign.”

“Well. I'm not sorry to disappoint you.” Tiffany muttered under her breath while trying her best to maintain her smile. “Let's start the interview.”

He leaned back on the burgundy couch. “Go ahead, ask your questions. I'll answer them all on one condition.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter