~No strings attached.

~My stepbrother.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Myungsoo’s P.O.V~

 

It’s 7pm, as I’m taping the last medium-sized box in the middle of the living room.

Because it’s the period between the late spring and the early summer, the Sun was still somewhat visible, as it was painting neighbourhood with its dark golden nuances. Evening dew was noticeable while it was falling over the lawn in my yard, lazily hanging on the short grass’ heads and closed baby wild flowers. This view I’m getting from our double-glazed window kind of a woke up the certain nostalgia in me, since it has made me remember landscapes that every season carried during all these years here.

The air in the house started to cool off, since I turned off the heating.  We’re leaving soon.

’’1, 2, 3…’’ I started to count the boxes I packed, until my counting turned into a whisper, while my lips were still mumbling inaudibly.

Everything was ready. I thought.

I climbed upstairs, to check all of our rooms once again before Nari arrives, so we can just set off afterwards.

Her room was completely empty.

And so was mine as well. My room was room in the attic. Its ceiling was  made of slats, as one side of the ceiling was subdued. It looked like one of those art atelier in classic teen movies actually.

In the centre of that subdued ceiling part, laid a small square-shaped wooden window,  that would always allow me the best views of the night sky, since my bed was placed right under it.

Our floor was mainly created of the parquet. Every room was, except bathroom of course.

And while I was gazing at the floor, I remembered what I forgot.

I quickly kneeled down, removing the tiny parquet rectangle that discovered a hole in the floor.

Taking a small pendant that had a little angel wing attached to it, I lifted it up from the hole, and put the parquet piece back to its place.

I wouldn’t know what to do if I forgot it.

It was a gift from my friend, Oh Sehun, that went to Harvard. We bought each other the same chains when we were 7. I have a left wing on my chain, and the right one is his.

It was the emblem of our friendship, which meant no distances in the world coud tear us apart, as if, nothing could stand between us.Our bond was unbreakable, or at least that’s we thought.

But… At some moments, my heart aches. When I think of our past and the days we spent together.

It feels like I’m having something left unsaid. And those words burn in my throat when I remember the day he left.

Now, that I am going, he won’t be able to find me here if he ever comes back. I changed my number long time ago, too.

And social networks are something we both have no time to use or commit to.

I sighed.

That’s all I could do now.

 

’’Kyutisoo!’’ I heard the front door opening, and Nari’s voice coming from downstairs.

I pushed the lucky charm in my pocket and rushed out of the room.

’’Ma’, everything’s ready. I went to check rooms. All packed and ready.’’ I said, pointing with the thumb behind me, as I climbed down the stairs.

’’ What a  good boy you are!’’ She pulled my cheeks, smiling approvingly.

’’How was your last day at the work by the way?’’

’’The Queen hanged her crown.’’ She chuckled.

 

In that moment, a loud horn interrupted our conversation.

’’Oh! It’s our ride.’’

I went and opened the front door, as I noticed a matte black limo, and a huge dark truck parked behind it.

’’Um…. There’s a limo.. In front of our yard?’’ I gave her a questioning look.

’’Yes, so?’’ She smiled.

’’Umh… Uhn….N-nothing.’’ I shook my head in disbelief.

A limo? A limo?..

That’s just too much right now. I didn’t get used on luxurious way of life or some extremly expensive  things.

Isn’t that.. Well.. Too much?

’’Miss  Jung, I came here to pick up the boxes. Are you ready to go?’’ A man that drove a truck showed up in front of our door, wearing some sort of a white uniform with a cap. He looked like an older version of Super Mario. Just saying.

’’Yes, we are ready. Thank you.’’ My mom bowed. And ~Miss Jung~??? She isn’t even married yet. People these days..

’’I’m going to help him ma’, go and take a seat.’’ I placed my hand on her shoulder, as she nodded satisfied again.

While I carried the boxes trough the yard to the road, I helped the Super Mario guy pack them properly, so nothing would get damaged or broken. I was a super careful person even if I was overactive too.

We packed stuff, and closed the truck’s door gently.

We bowed to each other smiling, as I headed to the limo.

’’I’m here, ma’.’’  I sat next to her in the back seat. Limo had a lot of space. And it looked like a glamurous bar inside. Having counter with drinks and alochol, the large LCD TV that was literally glued to the hanging shiny metal stick. There were  3 sofas, in dark crimson shades, made of leather.

Windows were made of the dark glass circling us from each side of the car.

My mother sank deeply into her favourite tv show that was on, so I pulled out my earphones as I connected them to my ’’golden’’ IPod.   I liked that color. Or rose gold color even. It’s just eye-soothing, and girly but oh well.

I was a kid that was interested in many music genres, but pop punk/punk rock took the best of me.

I’d usually wear plaid shirts in different cuts, vans/converse,  ripped jeans or tight ones as well. I also have a pierced ear on three spots.  

 I secretly pierced my tongue too. I just wear my piercing from time to time, when I’m going to concerts or going out simply. 

Nari doesn’t know, so shh.~

My hair was shaped with a gel into a pretty nice fringe style. I loved it that way.

So, the first song I played was by the Bring me the horizon / Blessed with a curse.

Damn, Oliver’s voice.

I am actually a very nerdy person, outgoing and really communicative, but I can be awkward at times, and I enjoy being alone from time to time.

I lived in my own world, and I didn’t waste my time about what other people would say about me.

I pressed my forehead against the cold window, as I slowly drifted into a dream.

 

’’Kyutiii..’’I heard a soft female voice calling me, but I ignored it, thinking it was part of the lucidity I was currently in. My unconsciousness won again.

A soft touch shook my shoulder multiple times, but the touch was comforting. So I didn’t react. Then, the touch became rougher  as my eyes opened in some sort of a shock. It took me 5 seconds to realise where I was and what was happening, as I felt numbness flowing trough my body. I was unable to move at some point. I was rubbing my sore eyes when I felt an urge to yawn re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter