~Odd it is.

~My stepbrother.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Myungsoo’s P.O.V~

 

’’Eomma!~’’

’’Kyuti!’’

I ran towards the front door and hugged her tightly. Resting my head on her shoulder, I felt something hitting my knee. My gaze dropped, as I saw that she barely carried 5 heavy shopping bags.

’’Come in, ma’.’’ I took a step aside, taking the bags from her hands, as I headed straight to the kitchen.  I love my mom. Really. I’ve always been mommy’s boy, since I’m the only child who she has. People would think that I’m a spoiled kid, but that’d be completely wrong. Moreover, my mom raised me to be an independent kid from early age, because she is the only parent I have, and of course she had to work constantly, which meant she couldn’t have always been there for me if I needed some fresh food or clean laundry.

So she taught me how to cook, iron clothes, clean, and how to handle other random housework. Which was always a big plus for me, since I’m the one hyperactive person, so the more I can do – the better.

’’Kyutisoo, I’m going to take a shower, and I have some wonderful news to announce!’’

’’Yes, ma?’’ I yelled from the kitchen while I was rummaging trough the bags I dropped on the counter all at once.

’’Later, kyuti, during the dinner. I’m so happy!’’ I heard Nari leaving her coat on a hat stand in the hallway. Mumbling some words that went out like a small song, she headed towards the bathroom as I heard the door closing behind her.

My mom is currently seeing a man named Haneul. The cause of her happiness is probably Haneul, or her job. I know my mom like a back of my hand, and she is simple like that; no reading between the lines or secrets in her life. I like her that way. She is an extrovert and talkative like me, and I’ve never been afraid to share anything with her because she has always been supportive and understanding.

My attention locked  with the bags; they were full of veggies, fruits, dairy products, oatflakes and frozen sea food. Yum.

I the burner, as I added some oil to the pan.  I decided to fry frozen squids with lemon and parsley.

While it was frying, the beautiful scent of my dinner that was consuming the house, found its way to my senses, as I tried to keep my focus on making a potato salad.

I kept preparing food in silence, and so it went on for the next 10 minutes I’d say.

Placing the just-washed beige tablecloth over our wooden circle table, I served my food on a pair of the white porcelain plates.

’’Ma’, it’ll get cold, hurry!’’  I yelled, as I poured some mineral water in two transparent plastic glasses, adding some ice cubes into each one of them.

Just then, mom in her worn-out slippers, bathrobe, and a lilac towel wrapped around her curly, hazel hair, showed up in the kitchen, with the almost invisible trails of her make up circling her eyes.

’’Oh dear, this looks yummy!’’ She squealed in excitement, clapping her palms together instantly, grinning from ear to ear.

’’Stop eyeing the food, take a sit!’’ I put the glasses on the table, as I joined her immediatelly.

’’Thank you for the food!’’ My mom bowed down to me, smiling proudly of my excellent cooking skills.

’’Enjoy it, ma’.’’ I bowed down too, taking the chopsticks afterwards, as I started to chase a tiny piece of the meat that ran around the plate.

’’So, kyuti,’’ mom said as she poured some salad on her plate, ’’there is something that I need to tell you, and before I say anything, I just want you to know that I am very happy because it happened.’’

’’Yes, ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter