fourteen

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungkwan closed his eyes, chuckling ironically. Here he was again, at the hospital. It was almost a given now, he's stopped fighting against it long time ago.

He threw quite the tantrum when he was a child, sick of the smell of antibiotic and needles cutting his skin. But eventually, those things were the ones keeing him alive up until now.

But how long will I be able to see the world?

He breathed in deeply through the oxygen mask, his heart pounding hard. He has had surgery before, but not one quite this serious. 

This could determine his life; whether he will make it or break it.

He's terrified, deeply unsettled. This wasn't an easy matter. There was so many things running through his mind, things he should have done and words he left unsaid.

He exhaled, willing himself to relax. You did good, you're still doing good. Believe in yourself.

Repeating the manta repeatedly to himself mentally, he eventually fell into a much needed slumber, dreaming and reliving his life all over again.

 

 

"We'll be ready for him in two hours. Please be prepared as the probability of sucess in itself is 50 percent," The kind looking doctor patted Vernon on the shoulder, noticing his look of distress.

"Don't worry, son. We'll do our best. You did the right thing by sending him here, any later and he might not even had a chance to survive," he convinced before leaving Vernon stumped on the seat beside Seungkwan who was so deep in his sleep. He stared at the peaceful face, sudden dread filling his every fibre.

If it failed, then it would be my fault. I was the one to make him go through this.

He shook his head, throwing away the negative thoughts that gnawed his stomach. He knew Seungkwan wouldn't want him to doubt himself. 

"Remember, Vernon. Whatever happens, please never regret a thing. The earth will keep on spinning, life goes on. I have a fun time with you. You're the best thing to ever happen to me, although you yourself don't know it. Never doubt yourself," Seungkwan's voice sounded loud and clear in his head.

The last thing Seungkwan requested from him. A very selfless wish as he still thinks of Vernon even if it's his life that was in stake.

Slowly, he placed his hand above Seungkwan's cold ones, gripping it gently. 

"You're the best thing to ever happen to me, too."

 

 

Vernon leaned against the wall, waiting for the call to connect. It took awhile and he almost hang up before the other link picked up in the nick of the moment.

"Vernon?"

"Hey mom," he breathed out. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter