twelve

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Seungkwan stepped up the stairs hesitantly, as if he was forbidden to do so. To be fair, he was, but the rule no longer applies so he shouldn't be this timid, that in itself seems out of character for Boo Seungkwan.

He still had his doubts though, he's about to venture an unknown area that probably meant a lot to Vernon, considering he took a month after their last discussion before finally, finally deciding to allow Seungkwan upstairs to his so-called secret chamber.

"Come on, the stairs won't be able to hold that much weight for too long" Vernon's deep voice startled him, only momentarily before the implication of the statement sunk in. He shot a glare at the taller who didn't even bother to look at him, only moving forward to the destined location.

"Shut up," he snapped, moving quickly and following after the boy. He looked in every direction, assessing the new atmosphere. The air was different, clearly more frequented but lack of comfort. It was strange, to put it simply.

If Seungkwan had made the space downstairs comfortable and clean and more lively than before, it was a totally different case up here. It was clean, but it was strangely empty. The closed rooms and intimidating huge oak doors didn't really help either.

He followed Vernon across the hallway, feeling slightly creeped out. The space was huge and dark, there wasn't any window visible to shed any light, only dim overhead bulbs high on the ceiling. It felt as if he was in a scene out of a cheap horror movie. Mindful, he hurried up and accidentally collided with Vernon's steady back when he stopped abruptly.

 He rubbed his nose, pouting and shrugging when Vernon raised both eyebrows in a silent 'what are you doing'. Deciding to not dwell on it any further, Vernon turned the knob and pushed the heavy door open.

Seungkwan braced himself, peeking inside the room only to find out it was far from his imagination. The sight greeted him definitely wasn't what he expected.

"Oh," he breathed out, very much amazed but slightly disappointed. It washed away just as quick as it came though. It was far better than he thought if he were to be honest.

"That's all you have to say? 'Oh'?" Vernon tilted his head at him strangely, a frown scrunching his face. Despite that, he still looked good. Seungkwan crinkled his nose, not quite knowing what to reply.

"I thought you were going to show me your bedroom or something," Seungkwan confessed, his eyes never leaving the interior of the room. Without realizing, he took a step inside the room, leaving Vernon confused.

"Why would I show you my bedroom?" Vernon frowned harder, eventually stepping in after the shorter and leaving the door open.

"Just because," Seungkwan responded distractingly, too busy admiring to focus on the conversation. Vernon sighed, trailing after the curious boy. He stayed quiet, watching Seungkwan who seemed so immersed until he forgot to speak. Somehow, he felt a slight joy by the other's obvious interest. But of course, he masked his expression well.

"See something you like?" Vernon finally asked after a period of prolonged silence. Seungkwan turned to him, awe written all over his face.

"They're all amazing! You're so talented, how did you make all of these? I can't even draw a freaking straight line. They should have been premiered in an art gallery, " Seungkwan gushed, eyes bright and shining as if he just saw diamonds and treasures instead of Vernon's studio littered with art pieces and messy equipments.

Vernon faked a cough, trying to lessen the blossoming fluttering in his stomach. It had been awhile since he received compliments for his passion aside for from his art teacher, he almost forgot how good it felt to have someone else enjoying his art as much as he did.

"Show me your favorite," Seungkwan continued, either

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter