Episode Three

Closer to You

After successfully having avoided any conversation with Park Chanyeol until Kyungsoo’s arrival, the shame of their previous encounter crept back as soon as Joe requested that she do a final check on their wardrobes.

Scarlett whined endlessly to Sehun until he agreed to switch places with her by checking on Chanyeol while she, in turn, would check on Baekhyun.

 

Unlike most of the actors she had worked with, neither of two sought much help during dressing. Baekhyun actually styled himself as he pleased, occasionally taking a few cues from the suggestions she offered. Ultimately, though, she was quite happy with the pair of dark skinny jeans and tan bomber jacket that fit casually on his toned frame.

“Do you mind?” she asked, pointing at his misshapen collar.

“You’re the boss,” Baekhyun smiled, raising her chin so she could lean in.

Scarlett blushed slightly, her fingers fumbling as she straightened the collar of his olive henley-shirt. Satisfied, she stood back carefully eyeing him up and down slowly to make sure she had caught every detail.

“Satisfied?” Baekhyun teased, a mild chuckle escaping his lips.

She looked up to catch a cocky grin on his face.

She cleared and stepped back nervously. “I think maybe we the cuffs of the jacket and leave them open?”

Baekhyun held out his arms expectantly - his brow raised, and while Scarlett was busy ing his cuffs, he leaned in closer - a mischievous glance across the room to find Chanyeol staring.

“huh…” he whispered.

“Hm?” Scarlett pulled back, suddenly aware of their proximity.

“Nothing,” Baekhyun answered, leaning back into the stool, “Just caught something interesting.”

 

“So, how long have you worked with Starlight?”

“Oh, uh,” she started dusting off the jacket, “probably 3 years now I guess, mostly just in the summers.”

“You don’t work full time?”

“No,” she answered, “I do commissioned art pieces the rest of the time - my studio is just two blocks from here.”

“Ah…art~,” Baekhyun sang, “Painting?”

She nodded.

“Anything I’ve seen?”

She smiled, “No I doubt it. I’ve only sold a few to private clients”

“Hmmm, well I guess they’re the lucky few then.”

Scarlett’s cheeks flushed.

 

Baekhyun smiled again, his iris moving across the room again. He chuckled to himself.

 

“You know, I haven’t been to an art gallery in a while,” he admitted, “Although the last time I went, it was a little too sterile for me. But…Yoda’s the only one who could convince me to go and sit through an entire lecture about Monet.”

Scarlett paused, her eyes widening. “He’s interested in art?” she blurted, immediately regretting it.

She caught the twinkle in Baekhyun’s eye.

He shrugged. “Who knows? We went to this party last summer where he apparently met some girl there. And ever since then, he’s been going to every art show in every city.”

He watched her reaction carefully, studying the way her lips fluttered and the rouge returned to her cheeks.

“And…” he continued, “He’s even dragging me to his lame show that Suho’s putting —”

“Suho?!” Scarlett pipped up.

“Yea,” Baekhyun chuckled at her excitement, “He’s our friend.”

“Amazing,” Scarlett praised, “I can’t believe the two of you are friends, I….I mean I’ve admired Suho’s art since high school, and …I can’t believe he’s in town.”

Baekhyun watched her silently as she continued to straighten his jacket. Oddly, a strange spark began to form in the corners of his brown eyes - lips pulling apart as he again glanced across the room and then back at her.

“The show is this Saturday,” Baekhyun added, “If you like him that much, I have two extra tickets.”

Scarlett grabbed unconsciously at his cuffs, and he laughed again.

“I’ll take that as a yes?”

Scarlett’s heart bubbled in excitement but she shook her head.

“No, I can’t. Joe’s got us working Saturdays to keep up with Kyungsoo’s shooting schedule - he’ll want me here to help before we start shooting on Monday.”

“Hmm….” Baekhyun titled his head, “well, maybe I can help with that.”

“Really? how?”

 

Baekhyun smiled, his iris darting across the room for the last time and eyelids creasing with pleasure at the sight of his best friend’s concerned face.

“Let’s just say I pretty much have an upper-hand with Kyungsoo,” he explained, “I’m sure a few changes in the schedule can be easily tweaked.”

“You…,” Scarlett gaped at his confidence, “I…I can’t possibly, I mean those tickets must be worth a fortune and I…..”

“A small price to pay,” Baekhyun smirked, “in exchange for a better one.”

“What do you mean?”

“Two tickets. You and Sehun. I’m willing to give them to you and change Kyungsoo’s schedule, but you have to do something for me.”

Scarlett frowned. “What?”

“Filming with Kyungsoo gets boring,” Baekhyun waved his hands airily, “I mean do you know how many NG’s he makes us do? The studio needs a little excitement once in a while.”

She stared - her brows lifted curiously.

 

He leaned in towards her, his face passing her and lips hovering inches from her ear. She shifted under the warmth of his breath.

 

“Yoda’s been an irritant , lately, and he wouldn’t let me borrow his PS4 yesterday. So, I want to play a little prank.”

 

She pursed her lips, jaw tightening.

 

“Saturday is 3 days away, so by Friday I want you to do everything you can to make Yoda lose his cool. You do that and maybe I might even include a private meet and greet with Suho.”

He pulled back, grinning widely at her stupor.

“Private?” she murmured.

“Yep,” Baekhyun giggled, “I can even make him show you his studio if you want.”

Scarlett gulped. A private meeting with Suho. She had a million questions as an aspiring artist to ask him.

“How?” she questioned.

Baekhyun shrugged. “Entirely up to you. Doesn’t matter to me, just make him explode.”

“But….,” she bit at her lip, “He’s your best friend isn’t he?”

“Of course!” Baekhyun smirked, now hanging his arm on her shoulder, “Best friend and easiest man to pick on.”

 

While Baekhyun chattered away about all the times he had pranked his friend, Scarlett took the opportunity to peek across the room.

Sehun was still busy fixing - if you could call it that - Chanyeol’s outift.

The two of them looked entirely displeased - Sehun was carelessly tugging at the ends of Chanyeol’s shirt which resulted in a clear discomfort forming on the tall actor’s face. And from what she could see, neither were exchanging a word to each other.

She cringed - silently hoping Sehun wouldn't be pissed with her later. 

What Scarlett failed to notice was Chanyeol’s occasional gaze - his eyelids parting and eyes intently locked on Baekhyun’s arm now casually wrapped around her waist.

 

“So?” Baekhyun asked, “Deal?”

Scarlett thought for a moment. Honestly, Baekhyun was offering her a once in a lifetime chance, and besides it didn’t seem like Chanyeol even recognized or remembered her. She would only be seeing the both of them for a month. She frowned.

A month of Chanyeol being pissed at her.

She groaned internally. It wouldn’t be so bad would it?

She locked eyes with Baekhyun, already regretting what she was going to say next.

“If I do this, I get the tickets and the private meeting.”

Baekhyun beamed, bouncing on the soles of his shoes as he drew his hands into the comfort of his jacket pocket.

“I’ll even you to the show,” he smirked, “Deal?”

 

Once in a lifetime chance. To meet Suho.

 

She groaned out loud this time, shutting her eyes as the words formed on her lips.

 

“Deal.”

 

___________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hehe mischevious Byun, hope you guys enjoyed the two updates! Let's see what Scarlett will come up with.

Till next week!