How much do you like him?

How much do you like him?

 

 

 

 

“So...” Ravi cleared his throat. “How much do you really like him?”

“Hmm?” Hongbin looked at the band mate next to him, lying against the back of the couch, completely relaxed.

 

After finishing the filming of the 15th episode of VIXX TV, they still had to practice their dance routine before going home. So, their leader and Ken had gone to the chicken place further down the street, to get them some energy. Leo and Hyuk were somewhere around, but not right there, so Hongbin and Ravi were alone in the closed room.

 

“I mean, Park Hyoshin sunbaenim... How much do you like him?” Ravi asked again.

“You know how much.” For some reason, Hongbin found himself blushing.

The response made his friend quiet for a while, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Silence between the two of them never was.

 

Turning his head to look back at him, eventually Ravi muttered slowly:

“Do you like him as a man?”

“Of course! Hyoshin sunbaenim is the perfect man. His voice is unbelievable, such incredible emotion, and when he is on stage...”

“No...” Interrupting him, Ravi looked directly into his eyes: “I mean... like a man?”

“Uh… L-Like when a woman likes a man?”

“Mmh?”

“Of course not!” Severely blushing, Hongbin's heartbeat sped up, and he wondered what had gotten into his friend.

 

But strangely, he didn't seem to be teasing him.

“If you did... I wouldn't mind.”

“Well, I don't.”

Again Ravi seemed deep in thought.

“So even if he came real close...” Emphasizing his words, he turned to his side, so they were facing each other. “Even if he would stare intensely at you, and say 'Hongbin, the only one I want is you'.

“He would never say that.” This was too strange, and made him uneasy. Ravi's questions were weird, and Hongbin had no idea that he was such a good actor, it almost sounded like he meant what he was saying.

“But what if?”

“Then, I would say no.”

“Are you sure?”

“...Y-Yes?” Honestly, Hongbin hadn't really thought about it, and it was weird to picture.

 

“Not even if he came really, really close?” Suddenly Ravi's face was right in front of him. His fingers lightly traced his cheek, while his other hand was gently placed on Hongbin's neck. “…And he would say, 'Hongbin-ah, I want to kiss you so bad'. Ravi's voice seemed even deeper than normally, and he was so unreasonably close that Hongbin could feel his warm breath on his lips. His heart was starting to beat irregularly, and without even realizing it, his lips slightly parted.

 

“So would you?” Ravi's husky voice sent shivers down his spine, and Hongbin wondered if his eyes had always been this dark and intense. The closeness was disturbing his senses, so before he could realize what he was saying, he stuttered:

“I don't know... maybe.”

 

The faintest hint of a smile appeared on Ravi's lips, and Hongbin's heart sunk to the ground, sure he would make fun of him. But he didn't. For a moment he stayed still, looking into his eyes, then his gaze dropped down to Hongbin's lips, lingered there for a second, before he backed off, and relaxed back into the couch.

 

Palms sweating, with his heart beating violently, Hongbin had no idea why his friend was acting so strange. It became even less clear, when he muttered:

“If you ever decide that you do like him, as a man...” Without meeting his gaze, Ravi was staring into the ceiling, “I wouldn't mind pretending to be him... for you.”

 

Eyes opening wide up in shock, Hongbin looked at him, not sure if he had heard right, or if he was being made fun of. But before he could react, their leader suddenly opened the door and ordered them to come to eat chicken. Instantly, Ravi stood up, and followed him. Over dinner, he was back to his usual bubbly self, making it almost seem like the earlier moment had never happened.

 

On the other hand, even though Hongbin did his very best to behave normally, all through dinner and also their dance practice, even later in the evening when he was home in bed, all he could think about was what Ravi had really meant by pretending.