005

The Lost Time

Joohyun's homemade carbonara was fanfastic. Usually, when one ate carbonara, one would be sick of it, being creamy and cheesy and all. But the ones that Joohyun made was simply perfect, in taste and in proportion. Chorong swore she almost ate for the third serving. This made Chorong to envy Joohyun even more.

She's beautiful, she got a great job, she have a wonderful family and she's a great cook.

While Chorong didn't consider herself to be overly beautiful, she do get confessions here and there before she met Woohyun. Teaching is kinda cool too, it was million times better than being jobless. She didn't have a family, but she could start some with Woohyun in a few more years. But cooking, she can't cook. The most that she can do was instant noodles.

It was not a surprise that her date with her boyfriend mostly comprised of lunch, or dinner, or if she got hungry in the middle of the night, supper then.

"Have some more," Joohyun offered.

Decided that she should have enough, she denied. Chorong later helped with the dishes, finally managed to do it in peace after lots of resistance and 'It's ok's from Joohyun. Joohyun finally let her, and instead started to chat with Chorong as she cleans the kitchen counter.

"How's life?" Joohyun asked, with her back turned from Chorong. The stain on the counter was amazingly stubborn to be removed.

"Same as usual. I got assigned as homeroom teacher again, the same one to the last class. They are spectacular kids with top ranking kids and sportsmen and all, but they got some attitude problem," Chorong sighed. Her hands diligently scrubbing the plates as clean as possible.

Joohyun chuckled. "Attitude problem huh? Sounds like a very big trouble to me,"

"It is! They won't pass up their homework, some got pleasure in bullying and are just rude. I can't even count how many times I got phone calls from the police station. And to make the matter worst the principal won't even do anything, for the management the students having good grades is enough. Too bad I accepted the post as the homeroom teacher, I doubt it the other teachers wanted to add headache to their list," Chorong complained, and pouted inwardly.

"Seriously, it won't do if they won't change. This world is more than just exam papers," Joohyun added, more like talking to herself. She was an honour student, but never once in her memory she created unnecessary scenes.

"I know right? But what can I do? They are still my students so that's mean I have to be responsible, like it or not," Unexpectedly, Chorong smiled. Not that happy wide smile, tho. But just a small genuine smile.

"Well this is one of the reason why I rejected being a teacher. I'm so bad with kids," Joohyun laughed. Her job was finally finished. A few moments later, it seems that Chorong was done with the dishes too.

"Well, you are still good with your own kids at least,"

"Nah, they are actually closer with their father. They said I was too stern with them. But they like me more, their puppy eyes works better on me compared to Yixing. Guess they scared of me, but because I 'bribe' them with toys they can withstand me," Joohyun said, more joking than being serious.

"At least they really got manners. I don't think you'll ever go to the police station because of them later in your life. And they are cute too,"

"Thank you," Joohyun beamed. Joohyun is a nice person to talk too, perhaps due to the fact that they both are of the same age. Sometimes, they relationship can exceed that of a landlady and a tenant. Yixing was often away and when Joohyun get bored and free (which was actually rare), she would bake a cake and invite her tenants to come over sometimes. Eunji and Bomi, while they are friendly, would often turn their attention to Joohyun's kids. Playing with them and their dogs and cats, and stuff. That left Chorong and Joohyun, conversing over a cup of tea.

"Anyway," Chorong continued the conversation with the letter she received last night. Joohyun listened to her story attentively before commenting.

"You honestly don't remember anything?" Joohyun frowned.

Chorong shook her head. "Nope. And the caretaker at he orphanage said that I've been there for a while and that I was always alone, so why would they lie about me having an unknown relative?"

"It's weird since you said you've been alone for a long time,"

"It is. I'd love to believe it as a prank, but this unbelievably can make me sleepless. For no reason, I have a bad feeling," Chorong confessed.

"This sounds quite complicated, but I think it's worth a try to figure out. Just to make sure whether it's a prank or not. I'd love to help you immediately but I've already promised the kids about their first vacation, but maybe I can be of help after the vacation,"

Chorong smiled and said, "Thank you,"

 

 

 

Sorry for months of not updating! I've actually wrote this chapter before, but just as I wanted to post it the internet connection goes off and here's the result, months of being unmotivated. Besides, I think the origial chapter was way better than this. Sorry for typos!