004

The Lost Time

Lack of sleep has taken it's toll on Chorong.

The woman groaned, it was as if it was only a few seconds ago she had fallen into deep slumber. Chorong was the type of person who cannot sleep with the presence of light, and the fact that the sun was now glaring straight to her face made her groaned even more.

After a few minutes of struggle, Chorong gave up. She sat up, having dizziness due to lack of sleep. Chorong turned her head to the right: 9.00 a.m. was written across her simple-looking digital alarm clock. Chorong sighed again and again: how she wish to snap close the curtain and return to bed, but she promised Joohyun to be at her house precisely at ten.

Grudgingly, she went to the bathroom just across the hall. Just how did a stupid letter, possibly a prank, was able to drive her sleepless until four in the morning? That, and browsing Instagram plus scrolling down Twitter, didn't help at all.

"Eunji, hurry up. I'm late," She knocked the door. Her other housemate, Jung Eunji, would take forever to bath.

"Alright unnie!" Within a few seconds, Chorong could hear the sound of water dripping to the floor. Exactly five minutes later, Eunji turned up, looking as apologetically as usual, accompanied with her lovely smile.

The user of the bathroom soon changed, and Chorong made sure that she cleaned herself as clean and fast as possible. She didn't have any problem, she didn't sing an entire album while taking a bath, unlike Eunji.

It was almost 9.30 when Chorong had finish her bath, get dressed and ready to go out, now not having any dizziness. From afar, she could hear Eunji singing again, it seemed like the two year younger girl had resume taking her bath.

With a fast paced walk, she soon reached the ground floor and proceeded to the car park. Her second-hand Honda was cheap, but it was still in a good condition. Chorong gently opened her car door, and closed it gently too.

The ride to Joohyun's house usually took fifteen minutes, but all the traffic causes the ride to be longer than expected. The bank was in opposite direction to Joohyun's house too. After withdrawing some money from the ATM, Chorong made a simple calculation to choose the best shortcut.

Chorong saw Joohyun's twins playing with their puppies in their little garden. As soon as she opened her door, a loud "Aunt Chorong!" can be heard. Chorong had been to Joohyun's house for several occasion like birthday parties, Christmas dinner and even Thanksgiving along with Bomi and Eunji, and turns out the kids were fond of Chorong like how Chorong fond of them. Well not only Chorong, but also towards Bomi and Eunji. The twins were just lovable and bright.

"Hello Sehun, Hayoung," Chorong smiled softly. 

"Mummy was still preparing breakfast," Sehun started.

"And Mummy asked you to come in first," Hayoung continued.

Both of them each hugged Edward and Bella, their pet puppies, getting into their house. Chorong followed, only to be greeted by Yixing, a Chinese man that Joohyun married. Yixing nodded his head, smiled and gestured towards the kitchen before he went out. Chorong smiled back, and being familiar with the house interior, she went to the kitchen. Chorong greeted Joohyun and hand her the rent, but Joohyun called her before she could leave.

"Come and have a breakfast together," Joohyun invited.

"Is it ok?" Chorong asked. She didn't feel comfortable to disturb the little family's breakfast.

"It's fine. Besides, I made lots of spaghetti. And Yixing just got an urgent call from his boss so I doubt it that I can finish it alone," said Joohyun. She was busy setting up the table.

Chorong, who hadn't had her breakfast, heard her stomach playing an orchestra. Beaming, Chorong took her seat besides Joohyun.