TWF - III

They Will Fall
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's note: HELLO EVERYONE!! Sorry to have gone MIA for basically two months. However, I've already finished my BAE assignment, so I should start posting regularly again~ hopefully I will. I still haven't written new TWF chapters, but I should start soon. Thank you all for being so patient! Hope you enjoy this. ♡

 

 

They spent the day snuggling and watching movies. Jongin was being extra funny and extra careful and it didn’t go unnoticed by Baekhyun, who didn’t say anything anyway, because he just knew.

 

By the end of the afternoon, they had showered –not together, of course–, threw old clothes on, tidied up the living room and their rooms, and made dinner. When Jongin’s mother got home, she was genuinely surprised and happy because someone had cooked a meal for her.

 

“Thank you, boys,” she told them, trying to control her fond and failing miserably.

 

“It’s the least we can do,” Baekhyun said.

 

They ate, Baekhyun and Jongin silently and their mum talking about her day and the things she’d seen; if there was something she loved almost as much as she loved the two boys in front of her, it was her job.

 

“After all these years, it still makes me happy to go there every day, see the same faces and do the same things,” she told them. When she was about to finish her food, she looked up to Baekhyun and Jongin, eyeing them suspiciously, “I don’t want you to feel bad, yeah?” They nodded, “but… is there a reason behind this?” She looked both apologetic and suspicious.

 

Jongin laughed, “you’re such a mum,” he shook his head.

 

“We’re just this… old married couple without the old and the married part,” Baekhyun said. “We got bored and decided we wanted to cook.”

 

Jongin nodded and added “that’s right, there isn’t a reason; we just felt like cooking, so we did. It turned out pretty well.”

 

Bora then smiled, “really. I taught you well, and you taught Baekhyun well.”

 

Baekhyun and Jongin started talking about their day after that, the movies they watched, how many times Jongin fell asleep thinking Baekhyun wouldn’t notice, and their deep analyses of what they thought each movie was about. Bora couldn’t stop smiling alternatively at them, she had that look on her face she’d had when they told her how in love they were, years ago.

 

“Bora, you have that look on your face…” Baekhyun said, seemingly serious, but amused.

 

He knew that face all too well, and he wasn’t worried about what she’d say because it was the truth, but he also knew how stubborn he and Jongin could be. Jongin just sighed at them, knowing it was best to just stay quiet.

 

“Oh, yeah,” Bora bit his lip trying not to smile, “earlier you said you’re like an old, married couple, but without the old and the married part,” Baekhyun nodded and Jongin covered his face with his hand, “does that mean you’re a couple, then? You do look very coupley, I admt,” she teased, looking like a toddler who had just been naughty and got away with it.

 

Baekhyun laughed loudly just as Jongin banged his head against the table surface repeatedly. God, how could they be so happy about this, it made Jongin’s skin crawl and feel hot.

 

“Why do you ask?” Baekhyun said, still laughing a bit.

 

At this point, Jongin walked out of the kitchen, he needed a cigarette and not listen his mum and his adoptive brother forward slash ex-boyfriend talk about their relationship.

 

“Ah, young Baekhyun,” Bora sat down on her chair looking at him, a bit more serious now, “I will always wait for the day you tell me you got back together.”

 

Baekhyun, now serious, seemed to think about it for a few moments, “I know,” he said simply.

 

“Don’t look so defeated, love. I know you two love each other dearly, and I know you both are the thickest men ever,” she grabbed one of Baekhyun’s hands; “I also know you will do what’s right, even if it means doing everything wrong a million times before. He loves you with all his heart and he’s never stopped.”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t breathe properly, so he just held Bora’s –rather intense– gaze. He liked her eyes, they were sincere and pretty, like Jongin’s.

 

“I don’t think he will ever stop,” Bora said thoughtfully, making Baekhyun snap back to reality. “I know you love him too, and I know you’re a little lost right now, but he will wait and he will stand by you, because that’s just who he is. You two are very lucky to have each other,” She stood up and walked over to Baekhyun, who also got up to hug her tightly.

 

“I know I’m lucky because I have you both in my life,” Baekhyun said, feeling more emotional than the situation required.

 

 

Later that night, Bora made tea for the three of them.

 

They sat on the sofa like they always did, and talked about their plans; Baekhyun told them about the money he’d saved in the past years and the price of the plane tickets to Incheon.

 

Jongin listened and sometimes would tell Baekhyun that if they did a certain thing differently, it would come out better. They all had agreed that Bora would pay a visit at least three times a year, since she didn’t want to leave Australia.

 

“You are young; you can do anything because you’re still not old enough to settle down. I have settled down already, I have a permanent job, a house and a life here. I can’t just ditch that and go with you; it’s not the same for me,” she said.

 

Baekhyun looked like he could have burst into tears, while Jongin just nodded; he seemed to have already thought this through, like he knew Bora wouldn’t come with them and was okay with it.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Baekhyun said when they were standing in the middle of Jongin’s room, just as Jongin sat on the windowsil

Please log in to read the full chapter