TWF - II

They Will Fall
Please log in to read the full chapter

Insomnia had become a regular thing with time, but it never stopped being an obnoxious problem. Rolling on to the other side of his single bed, Baekhyun looked at the clock on the nightstand: two in the morning. He felt like it was mocking him, he could hear it in his head, ‘you’re ed, you’re not sleeping tonight and I’m here to remind you every time’. He sighed. He was, now, hearing voices. He chuckled inwardly, bitterly thinking that he really needed to talk to someone. His brain was out of control.

 

He got up from his bed, giving up on the pretence of getting any sleep; he knew he wouldn’t. Instead he grabbed his laptop and turned it on, waited a few minutes and then started looking up the cost of plane tickets to Seoul.

 

He wasn’t exactly poor, but he would surely appreciate low prices; he wasn’t swimming in a pool full of money, either. He found cheap tickets, and bookmarked the website. While he knew he wanted to go there –and that Jongin was coming, too–, he didn’t know when to do so. See, what scared him most was the great abyss between his feet and life.

 

He somewhat knew what he wanted, but it didn’t necessarily mean he knew how to get it done; he wanted to just close his eyes for a minute, open them and find it had all been done for him. Not that he would thank the person who did it, instead he would probably hire them to be his personal assistant, even if it was to sort his personal life out.

 

He checked the clock again: 02 34. He rolled his eyes at it, closed his laptop and walked out of the room. Outside, he eyed Jongin’s cigarettes on the kitchen table, grabbed them and headed to the balcony.

 

Life was getting to him in the worst way possible. He could make out cars on the highway and a few people walking by the park around the corner. Idly, he wondered if they worried about the consequences, if a one night stand would leave them happy, or if they did it to just fill the empty space in their beds, while making the empty of their hearts grow even bigger. After what felt like hours, he decided to get up and go back to bed, knowing that anything he tried would be futile and would leave him even more wired.

 

Once he was in his room again, he grabbed his pillows and duvet and snuck in Jongin’s room. He wasn’t sure why he did it or if Jongin would wake up to make him room to lie down, but he didn’t really mind. As he closed the door, Jongin got up from the bed, but it was too dark to make out his face.

 

“I can’t sleep; can I stay here till morning?” Baekhyun whispered.

 

The only thing he got as an answer was a sleepy ‘mhmm’. He made himself a small space in Jongin’s bed, waiting for him to come back to bed. When he did, he was a bit more awake, but still as sleepy.

 

“Why can’t you sleep?” he asked Baekhyun, who shrugged, even though it wasn’t visible.

 

“Too wired,” he replied.

 

“It’s almost four in the morning, Baek,” Jongin sounded stern, “tell me you’ve not been up all night.” Baekhyun bit his lip, thankfully it was too dark for Jongin to see the guilt on his face, but of course, no one knew him better and his silence was answer enough. “Come here,” Jongin sighed as he walked to the bed and lay beside him.

 

Baekhyun did as he was told, and Jongin just hugged him tightly, kissed his forehead and brushed his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair.

 

“Let’s just cuddle, yeah?” Jongin continued and Baekhyun nodded, sighing contentedly. “We’ll purposefully sleep in, I’ll make us both brunch, and we’ll go see my mum in the afternoon, sounds good?”

 

This time, Baekhyun lifted his head as if he could see Jongin’s face, “you’re a man after my own heart,” Jongin just giggled.

 

They went back to their previous position and fell asleep like that. Baekhyun was smiling, though.

 

 

 

 

 

Just as Jongin had planned, he woke up at a quarter past ten, having enough time to shower and prepare brunch for himself and Baekhyun.

 

By the time it was eleven, he’d set the table in the balcony and carefully put the plates and mugs on it. Walking to his room to wake Baekhyun up was definitely not something he’d been looking forward to; Baekhyun’s morning mood was the worst, and Jongin knew he hadn’t slept that much, but they had plans for the day, so he sat down on the edge of his bed, quickly wondering how’d they slept there if now it seemed like Baekhyun took the whole space and needed more.

 

“Baek,” he said loud enough, shaking Baekhyun softly by the arms.

 

“No, Jongin,” Baekhyun mumbled sleepily, “don’t do this, let me sleep.”

 

Jongin smiled, “brunch is ready and I’m not allowing you to up my schedule for today so get up and meet me in the balcony in ten minutes, or else you’ll be woken up with a wet willy,” Baekhyun groaned at this, and started disentangling himself from the duvet as Jongin went back into the kitchen and then the balcony.

 

Baekhyun finally came to sit at the table, Jongin being positive that those sweatpants weren’t Baekhyun’s. He knew Baekhyun had probably counted ten minutes exactly, if anything, to with Jongin’s mood. Jongin knew him too well, knew his antics a

Please log in to read the full chapter