You’re My – What?

The President's Daughter.

Krystal POV.

I moved my head away from the light, as the sun shines into the room. I slowly opened my eyes and look around the room. I looked at the clock and it was already 9 am. Whew! He last time I woke up late was last December. Christmas always and terrible for me as I were always put on overtime time and early shift.

“You’re awake.”

I hummed, and turned towards the door. “Siwon?”

He smiled, and put a cup of drinks from the CBTL – my favorite. Then, he proceeds to my side, and sat down.

“Chairman Kim made the announcement to every class you have during the day and HeeChul told me where you were since I was looking for you.” He smiled, and handed me a book.

“Anatomy of the moon?”

“I found it in my room.” He chuckled. “I don’t even know how it got there.”

I nodded, “It’s alright,” I replied. Where are the others?”

“Classes, Krystal. I know you haven’t been coming to university but please don’t forget not all is being warded.” He chuckled. “Speaking of which, it’s quite fancy.”

I shrugged at his statement and we both started to laugh it off. Siwon and I kept laughing and talking about what’s been going on during my two days of absences. Based on his stories, nothing changed much except for Siwon been preparing meals three times a day.

Both of us stopped talking as soon as we heard knocking on the door, and the doctor enters. “Good morning, Ms. Jung.” She said, smiling, holding a, what seems like a penlight to me. “Follow the light.” The doctor moves the penlight around and I followed willingly.

“How is she, doctor?” Siwon asked. “Can she go home?”

The doctor is signing on a paper as we waited for her answer. Siwon flashes me his best smile and hold my hand in assurance. It immediately makes me feel calm.

“Ms. Jung.”

“Hm?”

“Here you go,” she said. “You’re being discharged today.”

 

***

 

Siwon had his hand on the door and leaned on it and rubbed his temple, as we both sat in the car waiting for the traffic to move. Considering it’s a Saturday, I can’t blame the society. It’s one of the days that we get to socialize until late night and take risks.

After a few minutes and turnings and passing by blocks of apartment, we finally arrived at our apartment. Yes, ours. Siwon chose to moved back in with me to keep an eye on HeeChul because HeeChul is being childish and his grades is going down the hill.

And yet, HeeChul doesn’t care.

“Do you want anything to eat?”

I shook my head.

“Well then, I’ll get to work.”

“You’re working?”

“Part-time.” He sighed. “I need money.”

“Thanks for dropping me off, oppa.” I smiled.

He smiled back, “You haven’t call me that for so long.”

I shrugged. “It just – never mind. Thank you.”

Siwon patted on my shoulder and left afterwards. I sighed and plopped down the sofa. I didn’t get to unpack because my head is getting dizzy. I should’ve asked Siwon to unpack for me. Siwon and I have been friends ever since we met on my mother funeral service. It was the same day as his parent’s death anniversary.

He approached me as I stood on the entrance, don’t know where to go. Afterall the only home that I’ve known is mom, and now that she’s dead, I felt very directionless. Siwon took me in, and was given greenlight to take care of me by the stare because of his parents, I don’t know – influence? Something like that.

I groaned when there’s another knock on the door. I got up, squinting my eyes because the migraine just got heavier. I swing the door open and gasped, “How did you guys –”

“It’s our job to know where you are.” He says, and then sighed. “Can we come in?”

I stepped aside, and making a welcome gesture with my left hand. I close the door behind me, and make my way towards the kitchen.

“We won’t be long,” He started, “We are here to pick you up.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Mr. President wants to see you.”

Huh? “Why?”

“…”

“Why, Leo? I need to know.” I replied with a firm voice. Most likely because I’m tired and I need to rest. But with Leo and his men here is nothing but troublesome for me and my body.

Leo sighed, “I cannot say much, Ms. Jung. I’m only here to pick you up.”

 

***

 

Along the drive to the BlueHouse, I was quiet – more likely asleep. One, I don’t really wanna know what are the ways and how are the ways to get to the BlueHouse and two; I am dead tired with heavy migraine. Thankfully, I swallowed painkiller before going with them.

*RING*

I slowly open my eyes, and reached out to my phone. I momentarily glanced at Leo whose eyes is looking at me through the rear mirror. I was a bit hesitant to answered the phone considering it’s from L.

“Answer it.”

“You sure?”

Leo nodded.

I sighed, but slide the green button to answer the call. “L?”

Baby, where are you?”

“I’m out getting fresh air.”

You can do it from your house, no?”

I sighed. “Talk to you later, L.”

The journey was fine, I guess. The weather is gloomy and it’s not a surprised that it won’t be as clear as day because I would really love a cold and dark weather right now.

“We are finally here.”

I look out the window just as the same time the butler open the door for me. “Oh?”

“I’m a citizen. Not a royalty.” I replied, smiling back. “Don’t open it next time.”

He nodded, instead.

I followed Leo inside from behind, and two of his men is behind me. I looked at the scenery and the environment are full of greenery and trees. The wall and bench are beautifully sculpted to match the landscape. The large space did not create much of a surprise for me because I used to live in one before – right before mom’s death.

“Everything about this place is homey.”

Leo lead me upstairs, and down to other corridors before opening a door before me.

“I’m glad you feel that way.” He smiled, “This way.”

He’s sitting behind his desk with his, maybe, personal assistant, is standing beside him. I somehow feel relieved that it wasn’t a woman. Leo instructed me to sit on the couch first before standing back in his position and I obligated.

After a while, the woman left with bunches of files in her hands. Soon enough, he stood from behind his desk and make way to sit adjacently to me. Leo had left based on his instruction too. Geez, very much controlling, don’t you think?

“Before I begin,” he says, taking a breath. “How you feeling, princess?”

“Before I answer, why do you keep on calling me princess? Do I know you?” I asked, frowning. “It’s creepy.”

He sighed, and took a picture out of his wallet. He stares at it for few seconds and handed it to me. I received it, and look at it for a while dumbfounded before realizing who is in the picture.

I gasped, “This is – ”

“Your mother and I.”

“Wait –”

“I’m your father. Your long lost father.”

“Wait, what?!”

“Soo Jung..”

“No!” I cut him off. “You’re not my father!”

“Soo Jung.”

“Mama told me my dad died before I was born!” I said, tears fighting to come out. “You are not my father!”

He sighed, “Soo Jung.”

“No!” I denied it strongly.

He stood up, tried to approached me but I stepped back, holding my hand up in defense. I slowly back myself towards the door repeating the words ‘you’re not my father’ from my lips. I dashed out of the room, just as the same time I heard he called out ‘Soo Jung’ loudly, and repeatedly.

I don’t care.

I just wanna run.

I just wanna run to where my legs bring me.

 

***

 

I stood in front of my mother grave, all wet and muddy. The rain had stopped the moment I reached here. It was very cold and unpleasant. Yet I don’t know which is worse – to run under the rain or to know some strangers claiming to be your father after 19 years of being alive.

“Is it true, ma?” I sobbed.

I wiped the tears again, before plopped down on the ground, “Is it true he was my father?”

The only sound I could hear is bird chirping, the sound of cars and the smell of rain. The sun started to shine again – creating a very humid environment. I took out my phone when it rang and a little bit disappointed when the caller ID is unknown. Instead of answering it, I shut down my phone. I need a quiet time alone anyway.

All of this feels like a lie.