Ice Princess vs. Llama.

The President's Daughter.

Bold Itallic is in English dialog. 

Amber POV.

Ah! It is such a beautiful morning. I made my way to the fire station where I work as a fireman, or in my case — firewoman. A female fire fighter.

It’s been five days since I took days off. I wouldn’t be lucky enough to get off days if it wasn’t for this one girl that almost gets herself kill in an alley. It’s weird. Speaking of which; it happened on uni ground. It’s should be safe, right? Considering the fact that it’s an educational institution where parents drop their kids to study not to get kill.

It was only after I woke up that night that I learnt that I was stabbed and lost a lot of blood while trying to get that girl to the ER. Another thing that’s weird is that when I woke up, there’s a guy standing south to my bed, and I quote, unquote; “I’m Leo. Thanks for keeping our girl safe. In return; we will pay for all of your medical bills — sir, ma’am?”

True to his words, I ain’t got any medical bills to pay.

I smiled once I stepped foot into the place I call; home. This place has given me so much memories. More bad ones than good though. I almost couldn’t move on from it but hey, life goes on and I did let it go. But maybe, wasn’t completely?

“Look who’s back!”

I smiled, and opened my arms wide, before engulfing each other in a hug. “Hey, Jackson.” I grabbed hold my back strap on my shoulder to keep it steady as Jackson walked with me to the locker room. “What’d I miss?”

He sat down and shrugged, “Death angel.”

I laughed, and then sighed. If only, Jack. If only you knew what happened. I closed my locker and turn around before lifting my feet onto the chair to tie my shoe lace. The stab wound is still painful but I am home alone, and bored.

“Amber! The chief wants to see you.”

Huh?

“Okay.” I turned to Jackson. “Do you know why?”

“Probably because you’re missing four days of work? I don’t know.” He shrugged again.

“Is everything okay, Jackson?”

“Yeah,” He smiled. “Glad you’re back.”

I chuckled and brisk walked to the chief office as soon as I put on my firefighter boots. I knocked on the door, and came in when I heard his ‘Come in, Liu’ command. To my surprised the girl I saved before is sitting down, arm crossed. She wore a dress that, even if she’s sitting, I could say fall right below her knee. To my other surprise, the guy named Leo is also there.

“Amber, I want you to meet Ms. Jung and Leo. They are...” He trailed off like he’s trying to find the right word. Then he sighed. “Mr. President trusted people.”

I looked at them confused. “I’m.. um, lost?”

Leo chuckled instead, “I’m Leo. How are you feeling?”

I looked at his hand, and take one step back. “I’m good.”

“We are very thankful of your help. If it wasn’t for you, she’d be dead by now.” Leo said. “We would like for you to work for us.”

I looked at them even more confused look, but I managed to composed myself. “What do I get in return?” I managed to ask. Even though that isn’t quite exactly what’s on my mind.

Maybe you finally get find justice for your late mother.”

I frowned, and looked straight into her eyes. “You’re thankful, I get it. But there’s no need for us to walk down my memories lane.” I walked out immediately.

The only memories that I’ve been blocking this whole while is coming back to me little by little. I shut my eyes and fighting back the tears. I keep on breathing in and out trying to calm myself down.

What kind of sick games is she playing?

 

***

 

I sat on the kitchen stool alone in my apartment. I had my laptop in front of me, a glass of cold water and Doritos. Being single and moving across the world does have its benefit. I get to be alone when I want to and no one is going to disturb me. I need to be alone after the unexpected encounter.

“I thought you’re a scotch kind-of-person.”

I looked up, and got the surprise of my life. “What the – how on earth did you get in here?!”

Then she held ups a key. “Landlord was very cooperative. Wish you could be like him.”

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, and let out a sigh – an angry one. So much of being left alone. I watch as she walked around in my space, with her index finger tracing the tip of kitchen counter opposite of where I am sitting. I eyed her, from head to toes. Something about her is intriguing to me. It sparks my interest of wanting to know her.

Not again.

“What do you want, Ms. Jung?” I asked, finally had enough of her looking around my apartment. “Say it and get the hell out.”

Feisty, aren’t we?”

It caught me off guards.

I read your file, Amber.” She starts off. “Like you, I was born in the US. Move back here during high school.”

And your life story connects to me how?”

Be my bodyguard.”

“Why me?”

“B-because you saved my life.” She said, redness creeping into her cheeks. Then she looked away and crossed her arms. “Are you in or out?”

I stood up, and walked up to her, closing the gap between us. I looked into her eyes, dark and confuse. I stepped closer. I could feel her breath on the right side of my cheek when I lean in to grabbed my second keys.

It took her second to realized what I did and the redness on her cheeks just got thicker. Against my better judgment, she slaps me with the back of her palm hand. On my stomach – the one that was stabbed. I shrieked in pain, and dropped to my knees.

“I’m not gonna fall for that.” She said.

I looked up to her, in pain with one eye opened, and one eye close as I pulled up my shirt revealing the hospital white patches turning red. She was surprised and guilty upon realizing what she had done.

This kinda make me wonder; is it me or her that is in need of bodyguard?

 

***

 

I ended up in the ER again except this time I wasn’t alone. It took her five minutes. Five freaking minutes to finally realized that she needed help to carry me down the stairs. I looked at her, pacing beside the bed, biting her nails. It’s either she likes to pace or she just don’t know how to calm down. Either way, it’s her personality and it's annoying.

“And we’re done,” says the doctor as he put the patches on. “Make sure you rest.”

“Will she be okay?”

“As long as the stitches are untouched and less heavy movement, Ms. Liu will be fine.”

“Thank you, doctor,” He said, and turned to the ice princess beside him as soon as the doctor left. “Apologize.”

“What?” She asked, shocked. “I don’t do apologizing, Leo.”

As painful as I am, I chuckled to myself realizing that if I says ‘yes’ to being her bodyguard – I am protecting a bimbo and if I says ‘no’ I let a bimbo die. To make it even harder to choose, I took an oath to protect lives.

And that includes a bimbo’s life too.

I slowly stood up on the floor, despite the pain and trying to walk. “See you -”

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“Uh, home?”

“You’re coming with me,” she said.

I rolled my eyes. “I am not coming with you.”

“Leo get her a wheelchair.”

I smirked, and asked, “Are you, the ice princess, worry about me?”

“Nah, I just don’t wanna be charged with murder.”

Wow.

A spoilt brat.

A bimbo with a smart mouth.

An ice princess too.

Just what did I do in my past life to deserve meeting someone like you?

“I could charge you of breaking into my apartment, Ms. Jung.” I argued back.

“She’s right -”

“Shut up, Leo. Where is that wheelchair?”

“You can’t make me go with you. I’m way past eighteen and I am capable of taking care of myself, thank you very much.” I said, started to walk away. “Plus, why me? You have.,” I trailed off and pointed at him, “Leo here to take care of you anyway.”

It took a while for her to answer and hard, but she did anyway.

“B-because I want you.”