Ice Princess.

The President's Daughter.

Krystal POV.

I found myself sitting on the garden porch once again, after two nights of searching for answers in my closet, in my room, in my old little box that I kept all the memories I had with my mother. It wasn’t easy at first to open it and look back – but I need it. I needed it.

I sat there, in my burgundy, knee length dress, watch as his butler placing two cups and pour coffee into it. The morning skies was bright – very hot too, I might add. But the weather is nothing compares to the anger and suppress hatred I have in me.

“Speak.” I said as soon as the butler is gone leaving only me, him and Leo who is standing five meters away from us. I could sense that he’s afraid – probably because I’m come out strong and cold. He deserves it.

He sighed. “The day you’re born – I was on top of my career. I was the ‘hot-shot lawyer’ as they call me. I was just not ready to be a father –”

Ouch.

“I love your mother so much – ”

“But you love your career more.” I interject with tears streaming down my face.

He sighed and nodded. “Although your mother and I talked about having a family, I cannot let my career go. I worked hard for it and she was.,” He trailed off, taking another deep breath and continue, “Understanding. She supports everything I do, all my decision –”

“Even if it’s means leaving me behind?”

He looked at me, eyes and mouth shut. “W-We fought about it. A lot of times. It was until she forced me out of the house.”

“When?”

“When what?”

“When you are forcefully removed.” I said, eyes glaring, but watery.

“Three months after you’re born.”

“Are you kidding me?!” I stood up. “Three months? Three ing months and you still couldn’t choose me after your career? Me? Your family?!”

“I came back.”

I chuckle in disbelieve. This man is crazy. After all the years of abandoning me and my mother alone, he still has that audacity to say that. Wow. I chose to keep quiet and calm the storm in me. Thank goodness joining HeeChul yoga classes sometimes is helpful. He might be a hardcore gamer but he cares about peace and harmony within himself.

“Exactly, why now?”

“Because,” He sighed again. “Because I have to protect you.”

“Oh, please.” I rolled my eyes to him. “You have been doing a good for the past eighteen, nineteen years.”

“I know I never be apart of your life for so long as you or I remember but I was there!” He said almost screaming. “I was there when your mother gave birth to you. I was there when you came out to the world. I was the first to hold you when you cried looking for h-her!”

“I was there!” He cried. “All I’m asking for is another chance.”

“Why now?” I stressed out. “I was having a it all good. I was moving on with my life after she died. Why did you decided to appear 6 years after she passed?”

“Because – ”

I rolled my eyes when Leo decided it was good to interrupt our talks and whisper down to him. Whatever it was being whispered – it seems important enough for him to stood up and left me there dumbfounded. Second chance my .

I sighed, sipped the coffee and lean back on the chair. It’s wooden yet comfortable. After a few minutes of enjoying the blue skies and wind from the beach, I decided that it’s time to walk back in or probably go home.

“I can give you tour on the house if you like.”

“Should I be tour around?”

“You should. It’s gonna be your house too.”

“Wait – what?”

“You have to move in.” He said, and calling a maid that stood near the door. “This is your nanny.” Then he calls another man that was standing fairly far from hallway. “And, this will be your butler // nanny too.”

“I don’t need a nanny and a butler, Leo.” I rolled my eyes again. “And besides, I can take care of myself.”

“It’s the rule.” He said, firmly standing his ground.

I walked away in anger instead. Although those two is following me around, I make sure that I am not troublesome. I’ve been trying to make them to not follow me around but all I get is a shook of the head. Such loyalty.

I walked around until I reach the main hall. It was big with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling – typical rich VIP houses. Difference is this is the Blue House. It where the prime minister aka president lives until the end of their reign of power.

“This is where the masquerade ball will be hold,” said the man. “I heard the president will hold a toast.”

“Toast on what?” I asked, intrigued. “And when is it?”

“On having his daughter back. He’s been searching for you for 5 years maybe more.” This time the woman answered. “I know how painful it for him.”

5 years? “How do you know?” I asked.

She smiled, and bowed before proceeding, “President Jung have always been drinking when he couldn’t sleep. And every time, if and when we ask ‘what’s bothering you?’ He’d always say ‘I don’t know if I couldn’t ever find my daughter’.”

I raised an eyebrow, “You two seems close.”

“Chief Assistant Hong has been here long before I arrived.” He answered on behalf of her.

I turned to the man. “How long have you been here?”

“Long enough to know that when he found out about the passing of your mother, he was not himself.”

“And how is he usually?”

“Happy.” He said, as the three of us continue our walk to the main door. “Strict but good.”

When we are walking pass his main office which is in the ground floor, it could be heard commotion and loud discussion. What other country emergency does he has to handle now? I sighed and continue walking with Chief Assistant Hong’s hand rested on my back. It’s like she knows what’s I’m going through or what I want say or lash out.

 

Leo POV.

“Leo,”

I turned around, while inserting the earpiece into my ear. “Yes, Ms. Jung?”

“You said that I need nanny and butler.”

“Yes, you do.”

“I would like to keep Chief Assistant Hong with me.” She said, arms crossed.

“What about Mr. Choi?”

“He’s too young to risk his life for me.”

“I can’t keep my eyes on you 24 hours, Ms. Jung. You know it too.”

“Exactly,” she said, walking to counter, and lean her back on it and now she’s in front of me. The only thing that separate us is the kitchen island. “Have you found out about the identity of the person who saved me last time?”

I frowned. “We cannot involve a civilian. More or less who almost died saving you.”

“What do you mean?”

I pour myself a cup of coffee and drink, “That person almost died.”

“Again, what do you mean?” She rolled her eyes. I’m starting to think that this lady has eyes problem and it’s annoying.

“When the two of you reached to the ER, the person who saved you lost a lot of blood and fainted right then and there. Your father and I took the courtesy of paying for all of her medical bills.”

Wait, what? “She?”

“Yes.”

“There’s nothing wrong with my eyes, Leo. It was a man.”

“She is not a man, Ms. Jung.” I said, trying to act calm. “She is in fact a girl – woman that happens to know a lot of self-defense tactics.”

“Interesting.”

“We are not involving a civilian.”

“Let’s pay her a visit tomorrow.”

“If Mr. President is not telling me to do it, I won’t.” I said, firmly looking into her eyes.

“We are going whether you like it or not.” She said, looking back deep into my eyes. “Or you can tell Mr. President to find a new bodyguard.”

“W-What?”

Then she winked, and walked away with my coffee.

I glared at her. Wow. The audacity. “I should call her the ice princess from now on.” I muttered to myself.