007

You are my lucky charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 07

 The boys welcomed me back with open arms and I resisted the urge to gloat over the fact that they needed me. I should be humble I reminded myself every now and then, instead of a certain very stubborn leader I know. Speaking of Joonmyeon, he was surprisingly accommodating to my requests, even making time out of his practice schedule to letting his team members try on different clothes or some of the makeup techniques I had in mind.

Today I was particularly excited; the guys had invited me to watch their practice for their upcoming performance. After Joonmyeon agreed to it, of course: even a leaf cannot flutter without his permission. I had readily agreed to it because I needed to watch their performance at least once to decide their costume and makeup. They were already in the dance studio by the time I went down and sad lilting sounds of the piano could be heard as I opened the door. I found them to be in their opening dance formation as I entered, some song was playing from the audio unit in the corner and I realized that they might have already recorded their song.Trust Joonmyeon to be ready with everything, even when the next showcase was some days away. Chanyeol caught my eye and smiled impishly, not breaking his stance. Joonmyeon observed our reaction with a frown and I had to restrain the urge to roll back my eyes. I moved to a corner of the studio before I could be accused of ‘distracting their practice’ or any other reason that might cause Joonmyeon to kick me out.

Kyungsoo’s voice started playing from the speakers accompanied with lovely piano overtones set in. As masculine, their last performance was, this time they seemed to be going for that much emotional. This song, which I assumed was called ‘Baby don’t cry’ because of the chorus of the same name was so hauntingly soulful that it actually made me want to cry. And their dance movements too were slow and guarded, in tune with the song. The lyrics were so deep, I kinda wondered who actually composed the song, the lines were too raw to be dismissed as fake.

“How was the song Noona?” Chanyeol bounded to me as soon as the song ended and they all took a break.

“It was...wow...” I said speechless. And it was true,I fell short every time I thought I knew them and they manage to astound me every single time with their talent.

“Who wrote this song? It is amazing!” I asked.

“oh, this? Usuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter