The Induction

Rooftop Delinquent

 

photo rooftopdelinquent_zpse0hv3xb6.jpg

 

 

‘Oh my God! I’ve got to get to class! I’m going to be late!’

I scurried around looking for my bag only to remember that it too had stayed on the rooftop. I made a break for the door but a hand on my wrist stopped me. I turned around to look at Taehyung.

‘Just remember, the initiation starts tomorrow,’ said Taehyung.

‘I have to go,’ I said pulling my hand away.

He let my hand slide away from his grasp. Our fingers brushed softly together and I felt a shiver run down my back.

We stared at each for what must have only been a second but felt like a lifetime. When I left the shed I had a strange tingling sensation on my hand that seemed to linger for the rest of the day.

 

 



 

My eyes opened and I immediately closed them again with a groan. I was really hoping that yesterday had been some sort of bizarre nightmare.

Taehyung’s face flashed in my mind and I burrowed under the covers with the intention of never resurfacing again. Obviously, my mum had other ideas for my day as she strode into my room noisily.

‘Why are you still in bed, Lizzy?’

I groaned.

‘What’s wrong? Did it not go well yesterday?’

I sat up and looked at her. I really wanted to tell her the truth. I knew she’d pull me from the school in a heartbeat but it would be so disappointing. This school was my chance to get into any university I wanted and, more importantly, my mum wouldn’t have to pay any fees. I stared at her expectant face and I knew then that I would never be able to tell her.

I only had two years to go, anyway.

‘It was great!’

‘Are you sure? You look a bit pale,’ she asked, worriedly.

I waved her concern away with a smile. ‘I’m just sleepy.’

‘Okay, by the way, don’t forget I’m going on that business trip today,’ she said walking towards the door.

I tripped over my bedsheet. ‘What trip?’

‘You know, the one I’ve been telling you about for the past month,’ she said, furrowing her brows. ‘Are you sure you’re okay, honey?’

I remembered that she had in fact told me but with everything that had happened yesterday I had forgot.

‘Hurry up! I’ll give you a lift to school.’

 

 

I stepped into the school in a state of a trepidation. I didn’t know exactly what to expect out of this “initiation” business but now I sort of wished I’d ditched class to listen to Taehyung.

I made it to class with no incidents and let out a relieved breath. I sat behind the only two girls in class. I wondered if they knew about any of this stuff? At that moment, the girl just in front of me turned around in her seat.

‘Hi! I’m Joy and this is Wendy,’ she said with a friendly smile.

Whoa! They were seriously pretty!

‘Hey, I’m Lizzy,’ I answered, feeling incredibly grateful that they were talking to me.

‘Are you guys new too?’ I asked.

‘Yeah, we’re both new,’ said Wendy. ‘There doesn’t seem to be a lot of girls around in this school.’ She cast a nervous look around the class.

I looked around and saw a couple of guys watching us with hawk like intensity. I took a deep breath. ‘There’s something I think you should know.’

 

Lunch break and our afternoon classes went by without an incident. Me and the girls pretty much stuck together after I told them about the supposed induction that was supposedly happening today.

We were now on our way to the library for study period and I was starting to feel fairly optimistic that nothing was going to happen when it all happened very quickly. I felt hands grab me from behind and someone stuck duct tape over my mouth before I could even scream. Then to my horror a bag was pulled over my head.

I kicked my legs forward and thrashed in my captor’s arms. I heard a muffled scream and sounds of a struggle which told me that Wendy and Joy were suffering a similar fate.

Surely, a teacher would see this and help us. Surely!

I kicked forward again, and felt a slight stab of satisfaction when one of the bastards swore, but it was short lived when another pair of arms grabbed my legs and then I was being carried like a sack of potatoes.

I tried to calm down and formulate some kind of plan. I heard a door open and then I was being unceremoniously dropped on the floor. I tried to rip the bag off my head but a pair of arms pulled me up.

‘Not so fast, love,’ rasped a voice close to my ear.

I was both terrified and furious. Didn’t people go to prison for a lot less! Just wait until I could talk again, I’d give them a piece of my mind.

It felt like there were a lot of people around us. I heard a frightened whimper from somewhere beside me.

The hands that were around me started getting a bit too adventurous for my taste and I started struggling again.

‘We got a few feisty ones this year,’ said another voice with a loud chuckle.

Other hands joined the ones currently holding me and all at once my jacket was being stripped from me. Now, I was seriously struggling.

There seemed to be a lot of laughter and taunting remarks being made and I suspected I wasn’t the only one suffering this crude treatment. My uniform tie was being pulled and there were hands in my hair.

Suddenly, the room went quiet and after a moment the bag was ripped from my head and the duct tape from my mouth. I flinched from the sharp pain and blinked against the sudden light.

I looked around and realised I was inside an amphitheatre. Me and about twenty girls stood on the raised stage in the middle of the room and all around us were hordes of boys. The girls looked like they were suffering from varying degrees of fear, anger and disbelief. Their uniforms looked rumpled which confirmed my earlier suspicion. Joy was clinging to Wendy’s arm in terror but the latter just looked enraged.

I spotted Taehyung towards the back of the room in the topmost rows of chairs. His face gave nothing away but the guy next to him had a restraining hand on his shoulder. He seemed to be in the middle of a somewhat intimidating group of boys.

‘Ladies! Welcome to our esteemed school.’

The owner of the voice was sitting on a desk right in front of me. I couldn’t help but stare in some surprise at the small boy in front of me. He looked like a total kid!

He had fluffy pink hair and a very catlike face…. well, maybe more like a kitten.

‘Not be rude,’ I said in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable, ‘but who the bloody hell are you?’

There was a collective gasp from the boys (which I personally thought was a tad overdramatic) but the kid only smiled. ‘I’m Lee Jihoon, Student Council President. What’s your name?’

 ‘Lizzy,’ I answered automatically then frowned in irritation. ‘As the Student Council President isn’t it your responsibility to make sure this sort of thing doesn’t happen? Hasn’t this game gone a little too far?’

There were a few snickers at my words and I glared in their general direction. Of course, I spotted Seung Cheol among them. He waved cheerily at me.    

‘Too far? I’m afraid the game hasn’t even started,’ drawled Jihoon. ‘And it’s my responsibility as the President to oversee the proceedings of The Hunt seeing as how it was created by the student council.’

I gaped at him. Say what??

I think you’re a pretty crappy student council then,’ snapped Wendy.

Joy gasped in horror and Jihoon narrowed his eyes in Wendy’s direction. Personally, I wanted to applaud her.

‘Okay, I’ll make this simple,’ said Jihoon smoothly, ‘your initiation begins now and will go on for the remainder of the year. There will be games happening every day at random times determined by the student council. The games will change every week -’

‘What if we don’t want to play your stupid games?’ asked a girl angrily from the back.

‘I’m afraid you don’t really have a choice,’ said Jihoon with a deceptively kind look on his face. ‘Now, since this is your first game, we’ve decided to give you a head start of three minutes - use them wisely. The game is easy. You have to hide and run from the boys until the last bell rings. If you get caught you will be brought back here to the starting point to receive a penalty. Let the games begin!’

He pressed a button on his mobile and looked at us expectantly. At first, none of the girls moved as they stared at him in confusion and outrage. Some of them started protesting. “THIS IS RIDICULOUS!” “YOU CAN’T DO THIS!” “I REFUSE TO BE A PART OF THIS!”.

I looked up at Taehyung who was making frantic gestures towards the door and mouthing something at me…it looked like… “RUN!”.

“The clock is ticking, ladies.”

I didn’t waste any more time as I took off at a sprint towards the main doors. My flight seemed to trigger something as a bunch of girls panicked and started running towards the different exit points.

It was chaos!

I cleared the doors and ran at full throttle down the hall. Maybe I could just leave the school…

I made it to the outside gates in record time only to find them locked. I swore loudly.

Where could I hide…the shed!

I made it to the shed just as a shrill ringing sound echoed across the grounds and somehow I knew our time was up.

I looked around the shed for a place to hide. I spotted a bunch of racks pushed up against the wall. I climbed to the highest shelf and pushed as many objects in front of me as possible.

I was feeling furious! Furious with myself for hiding like a cornered rabbit. Furious with the student council. Furious with this stupid school.

Maybe the penalty wasn’t even that bad…maybe I should have just stuck around and refused to give in to peer pressure.

I heard steps outside and tensed. The door creaked open. My heart hammered against my chest so hard that I could barely hear over it. Why the hell was someone already here??

I couldn’t tell if there was more than one person. They seemed to be searching the shed which meant it wasn’t one of the girls. I wondered belatedly if Joy and Wendy had managed to get away.

There was silence.

At first, I didn’t dare move a muscle and just lay flat on the shelf but after a couples of minutes, I couldn’t resist, and peeked around the box. I couldn’t see anyone but at this angle it was hard to tell.

I waited another minute then, very slowly, dragged myself forward so I could have a better look.

Just as I looked around the box again, a face popped up in front of me. I let out an ear splitting scream and, out of instinct, whacked the person on the face with the palm of my hand. The face disappeared from view.

‘Jesus F. Christ!’

I recognised the voice and gasped. ‘Tae, is that you?’

I looked down over the edge of the shelf and found him rubbing his nose with a pained look on his face.

‘Taehyung! I’m so sorry!’

‘Was that payback for the pool incident?’ he asked, ruefully.

I had never felt so happy to see someone. I jumped down from the shelf and threw my arms around him - hugging him tightly.

I felt him start in surprise but then his arms came around me too.

‘Rough day?’ he asked.

‘This school is nuts!’

He patted my head and laughed, ‘You have no idea.’

A voice from the doorway interrupted us. ‘You caught a girl. How surprising.’

Taehyung stiffened as he turned towards the voice. I looked and found a couple of guys standing just inside the door. They had been standing behind Jihoon back in the amphitheatre. They were both tall and good looking.

‘What do you want?’ asked Taehyung, tersely.

‘We’re just making sure you follow the rules,’ said the tallest of the two with a bored look on his face.

‘Let me guess, Seung Cheol?’ said Taehyung with a humourless laugh.

‘He was just concerned that you might be trying to disrupt our…traditions.’

Our traditions!? That’s awfully presumptuous of you,’ spat Taehyung.

‘We didn’t come here to argue,’ said the other guy this time, ‘we’ve come to you back. Don’t worry, she’ll still be your “catch” for today.’

 



I really struggled to write this chapter because I had to set the story and stuff. I'm still not completely happy with it but it's going to get more fun to write now. Also, the rest of BTS should be making an appearance in the next chapter. What do you guys think? Did you like it? Please leave me a comment and/or subscribe:)

I have been on a massive BTS-watching-binge. I need help!

I'M SO EXCITED WITH V GETTING THAT ROLE IN HWARANG: THE BEGINNING!!!!! I've always thought he'd make a great actor:))))

 

NOW, IT'S GIF TIME!!!

Jimin and V's smile is life! 

 photo tumblr_inline_nfvote9oN01sacmz2_zpshyabokgq.gif

 

photo tumblr_n900gotPGb1rx3c15o1_250_zpsd0o2dhuz.gif

 

photo tumblr_inline_o1659ysRvK1ru57ik_500_zps415f6ll8.gif

 

photo ePBKYyU_zpsefwmzvkb.gif

 

Does anyone remember, Mr Spreading legs? ( mind off the gutter, kids! XD)

photo tumblr_inline_nv4lnovbFV1s8e6kv_500_zpsasuz4wue.gif

 

photo tumblr_o0pgloAZmF1slm4s6o1_500_zps0lufhceg.gif

 

Rap Monster, the man who dances with his face aka God of Destruction Namjoon <333333

photo tumblr_inline_o25b4gM2Nn1tm4r5y_500_zps1ayo9rxf.gif

photo 6X2sQn_zpscyzbh5gh.gif

photo black-and-white-bts-funny-gif-Favim.com-2513714_zpstrne57oy.gif

 

J-Hope, the man with the hope aka the man with the aegyo XDDD

 

photo 801b3703447dadd8032a3ddd72e50b42b2024702_hq_zpscbel4wvw.gif

photo tumblr_n7gnxzVYPm1rechtjo2_500_zpswidwqzvh.gif

photo tumblr_inline_nutv57ubXp1tnbn75_500_zpsiu9wpsdc.gif

 

Suga, the man with the swag aka the man you don't want to annoy aka SWAG;)

photo tumblr_inline_nwsuur0aLj1scnohf_500_zpsytjvapt7.gif

photo tumblr_inline_nowx1t713O1sah62e_500_zpswhb9j7hp.gif

photo tumblr_inline_o0qxlsfs0d1tcfiwm_500_zpssxtyiuy0.gif

 

Jin, the wide shouldered hyung aka the man with the moves aka the hyung who likes to eat XD

photo tumblr_o1k4unnAtl1v58myfo1_400_zpsx6dev0k2.gif

photo tumblr_n8ij8rnUM91syhgx9o1_500_zpsjodqw9ae.gif

photo tumblr_n4yultgmT21svb0geo1_500_zpsbpiso4pb.gif

 

I think I went a bit crazy with the gifs today #sorrynotsorry XDDD

photo bts_zpsdhpgxihz.gif