The Boy On The Roof

Rooftop Delinquent

 

 

I closed the rooftop door behind me and sagged against it.  

Finally, somewhere quiet.

It was my first day at the new school and I had been super nervous but so far everything seemed to be going okay.

I looked around and was startled to find that there was someone else up here. A boy with purplish coloured hair was leaning against the wall. He hadn’t noticed me yet which meant I still had a chance to leave unnoticed.

That was something I’d noticed about this school, there seemed to be boys, boys and more boys everywhere. In my class, there had only been another two girls besides me. But maybe there were more girls in other classes – maybe there was even a class with just three boys and twenty odd girls.

I was about to turn and leave when I noticed the blood on the floor. It was dripping from his hand.

‘Oh, my God! Are you okay?’ I said walking towards him.

He looked up and stared. He was ridiculously attractive and tall too…  

‘You’re hurt! You should go to the infirmary. I could take you there,’ I offered, realizing a second later that I hadn’t the foggiest where the infirmary was located.

‘I’m fine. It’s just a scratch,’ he said with a shrug.

A scratch!? I looked down at his bloodied and torn knuckles dubiously then back up at his face.

‘But…you can’t just leave it like that.’

He gave me a weird look then said abruptly, ‘I don’t remember seeing you here last year. Are you one of the new girls?’

I didn’t know why but something about the way he phrased it made me feel uneasy but I brushed it aside.

‘This is actually my first day,’ I said ruefully.

‘Of course it is,’ he said under his breath.

‘My name’s Lizzy, by the way,’ I said trying not to be put off by his less-then-encouraging-attitude.

He looked me over slowly and his brow furrowed. ‘You’re going to have a hard time here. It’s not too late to transfer.’

My jaw dropped. ‘Excuse me?’

He looked away then down at his hand with a slight frown.

‘Let me have a look at that,’ I said, gently.

I stepped forward and took his hand in mine. He didn’t move which I took as a sign that I could proceed. It was weird but, even though he’d said that I should transfer, I didn’t feel like he’d said it in a malicious way. Maybe he just really didn’t like this school. Maybe he was bullied (that would explain why he was hurt).

 ‘Are you sure you wouldn’t rather just go to the infirmary?’ I asked him hopefully.

‘No need,’ he said, pulling his hand away and sitting down with his back to the wall.

I sat down next to him.

‘I think I’ve got something in here that can help,’ I said, rooting through my bag.

I pulled out a bottle of water, a packet of tissues and some band aids.

‘You carry band aids around in your bag?’ he asked, raising an eyebrow.

‘I didn’t know what to expect today, so I thought I better be prepared for any eventuality,’ I said matter-of-factly.

He gave me a long look, the intensity in his hooded eyes made my cheeks heat up and my hand tremble slightly. He was incredibly attractive and I was only human, after all.

Just as I was starting to wash his hand with the water, he spoke up quietly, ‘My name’s Taehyung. Kim Taehyung.’

I nodded and carried on what I was doing but I couldn’t quite hide the smile from my face. After I had treated his injured knuckles, and plastered them to my satisfaction, he thanked me.

‘Do you mind if I eat? I haven’t had lunch yet,’ I said, already pulling a lunch box from my bag.

‘There’s a cafeteria here, you know,’ he said, staring at my food.

‘Like I said before, first day and all that.’

‘Right, of course,’ said Taehyung, and then he smiled.

I almost dropped my lunchbox at the effect his smile had on me. It was as radiant as the blooming sun. It completely changed his face – he went from brooding bad boy to adorable in less than a second.

‘You okay?’ he asked (no doubt concerned about my slack jawed expression).

‘Huh, yeah. Of course! Why wouldn’t I?’ I said, taking a hasty bite off my sandwich.

He gave me a strange look but let it go.

‘Want some?’ I asked him.

‘Sure,’ he said.

Before I could pull out the other sandwich, he wrapped his hand around mine and leaned forward. I watched in some shock as his face came within inches of mine and he took a huge bite out of the sandwich I’d already been eating.

‘Nice,’ he murmured, his lip.

I looked down at what was left of my sandwich then back up at him. I didn’t know whether to be angry that he’d just swallowed half of my sandwich or flustered at how close his face had been to mine. I settled for a disapproving frown as I took another bite.

He laughed. ‘You offered.’

‘Do you want some more?’ I asked holding up the other sandwich.

‘Let’s halve it,’ he said taking it from me, his fingers brushed mine.

We were halfway through my lunch when the door to the rooftop swung open violently. I jumped and looked up to find three guys striding towards us.

Everything about them screamed trouble, from the way they swaggered to the contemptuous smirk on their faces and right up to the bat one of them was carrying over his shoulder.

I stood up quickly shooting Taehyung an uneasy look but he wasn’t looking at me as he stared up at the group with a bored look on his face.

‘Well, well, well! If it isn’t V,’ said the guy in the middle with a smirk. ‘And who’s this?’ He raked his eyes up and down my body in a way that made me want to punch him in the face. The other two boys leered.

Taehyung sighed and gave him an annoyed look. ‘Haven’t your boys had enough for one day, Choi Seung Cheol? I’m really not in the mood, right now.’

I felt my alarm levels sky rocket as I shot him a look – was he crazy!??

He was outnumbered three to one…well, and me. But I was NOT going to get involved in some crazy gang fight for some guy I just met (no matter how cute!). Of course, even if I did, I wouldn’t be of much help anyway. I tried to communicate all of this with my eyes but the idiot only winked at me. YES, HE ACTUALLY WINKED, DAMMIT!

Seung Cheol’s face went red and he glared at Taehyung.

‘Your pals are not here to help you out,’ he spat at him then smiled (which was even scarier), ‘I think it’s time you were taught a lesson.’

Taehyung shrugged and cracked his knuckles. ‘Okay, if you insist.’

He stood up leisurely and stretched. Seung Cheol carried on smiling in a way I didn’t like one bit and smirked, ‘Oh, you think it’s only us three – that’s cute.’

As if on cue, another four guys stepped out from the shadows of the doorway. For some crazy reason, I imagined them planning this incredibly dramatic entrance and before I could stop myself a snort of laughter escaped me.

All eyes swung in my direction. My mouth dropped open in horror at what I’d just done. WHAT THE HELL, LIZZY!?! WHAT HAPPENED TO KEEPING A LOW PROFILE??

‘You find that funny, sweetheart! Well, why don’t you come over here and I’ll give you something that’ll put an even bigger smile on your face,’ said Seung Cheol taking a step towards me.

I took a step backwards. ‘I laugh when I’m nervous - it wasn’t personal, I swear,’ I babbled.  

He narrowed his eyes in a predatory way as he looked me over - again. Which pissed me right off!

‘Fine! It was personal!’ I shot at him. ‘But don’t you think this is a bit much for one guy?’

‘You must be one of the new girls,’ said Seung Cheol with a gleam in his eye. ‘You probably don’t know the rules, yet. It’s about time you got a taste of the induction ceremony. I’m going to have fun with you.’ He strode forward.

I let out a very undignified squeak (I could beat myself up over it later) and stepped back hastily but was brought up short by the wall.

Rules!? Induction!? What the hell was he talking about!

Before he could come any closer, Taehyung stepped in front of me.

‘Enough!’

‘I don’t think you’re in any position to be barking out orders,’ smirked Seung Cheol and I hated the fact that I had to agree with him on that one.

‘You make a good point,’ muttered Taehyung.

He grabbed my hand and yanked me forward with him. ‘Run!’

We were running but it seemed pretty pointless as we were only getting closer to the edge of the roof and the only way out was blocked by a bunch of delinquents. We came to an abrupt halt near the ledge.

‘Do you trust me?’ asked Taehyung urgently.

‘What? No! No. Definitely not!’

He smiled. ‘In that case, I’m sorry.’

‘Why are you-?’

Before I could finish my question, he’d jumped up on the ledge and pulled me up beside him. He wrapped his arms around me and…jumped.

I’m not gonna lie! I might have fainted sometime during the fall – or just screamed hysterically throughout the whole thing.

But before my life could flash before my eyes, we hit the freezing cold water. Obviously, I proceeded to swallow a gallon of it before resurfacing. He pulled me out of the swimming pool effortlessly as I gagged.

‘…kill…I’m…kill you…going…,’ I choked.

‘Are you okay?’

I grabbed his collar. ‘O-okay…? OKAY!? ARE YOU CRAZY!?? YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME, YOU BASTARD!’

‘I saved you,’ he said in a petulant voice accompanied by a serious case of puppy eyes.

I tried to glare at him but ended up stomping away in frustration.

‘Hey! Where are you going?’ he called after me.

I ignored him. I had only taken another couple of steps before I felt him wrap his hand around my arm and the next thing I knew I was hanging upside down from his shoulder.

‘Sorry, but they’re not going to give up that easy,’ he murmured.

I was stiff with outrage but I hung on for dear life as he took off at a run. I imagined strangling him in incredibly vivid detail.

Taehyung unlocked the door to what looked like a shed and shut the door behind us. He dumped me on top of something soft and stepped away (smart move). I stood up, brushing my wet hair off my face, and looked around the room in order to avoid looking at him just yet. It seemed to be the gym storage room and I was standing on top of a bunch of mats.

‘Before you kill me, I think there’s a few things you should know about this school,’ said Taehyung, calmly.

I turned to glare at him and my breath caught in my throat. He had stripped out of his jacket and his white dress shirt stuck to him like a second skin. His hair was plastered to his face and rivulets of water ran down his face and neck…

I swallowed and realised my mouth might have been hanging open. I remembered that I’d left my jacket on the roof which meant…

I looked down and realised that my shirt was as see through as his – and I was wearing my black bra (the horror!). I crossed my arms over my chest as casually as I could and met his eyes.

‘What things?’ I asked as haughtily as I could.

He gave me an amused look and moved closer to me.

‘Come here,’ he said, stretching out his hand to me.

‘Why?’ I asked not even trying to hide the alarm in my voice.

‘There’s a heater over here,’ said Taehyung and this time I was sure he was trying not to laugh.

I brushed past his hand, making sure to glare at him as I went to stand next to the heater. He made a sound that sounded suspiciously like a snort - which I decided to ignore.

He took a step closer to me stretching his hands in front of the heater for warmth. He was so close to me that our arms were touching.

I cleared my throat. ‘So, er, what did you want to tell me about the school?’

‘I don’t know if you know this, but this used to be an all-boys school,’ said Taehyung.

‘Yeah. So?’

‘Well, even though it’s co-ed now, there’s still only a handful of girls,’ he said giving me a sidelong glance.

I felt like I was supposed to get something - I didn’t.

‘Okay,’ I said slowly.

He sighed and looked away.

‘The student council came up with a rite of passage for any new girl that starts here,’ he cast me a pitying look. ‘They named it “The Hunt”.’

I did not like the sound of that one bit!

‘What exactly is…that?’ I asked with a distinct sense of foreboding.

Somehow, I felt like my school life was about to get very complicated.

 



 First chapter out! Hope you enjoy it! Please, leave me a comment telling me what you think:)

Lots of love,

Ange

I'll leave you with some gifs!<333

photo tumblr_nwfjngeSfj1s8e8hpo1_500_zpswhbzbvis.gif

 

photo large_zps0t82vtay.gif

 

photo tumblr_ndsw4brH3d1s8wayeo1_500_zpssvnervbw.gif

 

photo bts-kpop-y-v-Favim.com-2209894_zpsypnwo7ed.gif

 

Okay, who else died because of Jimin during Perfect Man??

photo tumblr_o08b29YsRS1rngqpbo7_400_zpso9sv8ess.gif

photo tumblr_o08b29YsRS1rngqpbo4_400_zps2fr7vzt8.gif

photo tumblr_o08b9aT8dm1txfm4go2_400_zpsqb99vvkc.gif

photo tumblr_nyzxgmco831rhwygvo2_r1_400_zpsnlnifngn.gif