EPILOGUE

all i know is how to love you

 

 

“Ah Wonwoo, tell your fat cat to get off of me, I can barely breathe,” Mingyu whines as he looks the cat dead in the eye. 

“How come when she does things you hate she’s my cat but when she’s being all cute she’s our cat?”

“That’s how parenthood works, my dear husband,” he says. “Really, I don’t make the rules it’s just how it is.”

Wonwoo laughs and sits down on the sofa and puts Mingyu’s legs on his lap and picks up the cat. 

“Don’t worry Amy, I love you enough for both of us, don’t mind this guy,” he says to the cat as he pets her. 

“I still can’t believe I let you call her Amy.”

“Gone Girl was a great movie, babe.”

“Imagine if the cat goes all Amy Dunne on us because you gave her the name of the devil?” 

“Imagine you not being an idiot,” Wonwoo responds and Mingyu gasps pretending to be deeply offended. “Amy Dunne is the best character of all time and I swear I will hit you with the book if you disagree with me.”

“Yeah yeah, I love you too.” 

 

+++

 

At first Wonwoo didn’t know if accepting a teaching job in Busan was the best idea, especially when Mingyu was still in university, but Mingyu being Mingyu told him that there was no way in hell he was turning down such a great opportunity just because he had some sat backs and was still studying. 

He remembers Mingyu saying they had been through worse , so he took the offer, but  he would be lying if he said that it wasn’t hard to be away from Mingyu for so long, but they managed, like they always did. And right now, looking at Mingyu playing with their dog at the beach in the early hours of the morning on a Saturday, Wonwoo realizes that these are really the moments that make everything worth it; all the struggles, all the pain and tears, all the moments where they had almost quit.

Living openly as a couple it hadn’t been easy, especially considering Wonwoo’s job as a teacher, but they fought and they fought and even if there are some people who still look at them with judgement they have never been happier, and if Wonwoo is being honest it makes him a little sad that they still can’t get married in their own country but despite that, they still introduce each other has husbands to other people because really being married is more than signing a piece of paper. 

Being married is still having to put up with Mingyu’s love for chocolate chips and waking up with him tickling his feet, it’s Mingyu putting up with Wonwoo’s ty humor on stressful work days or his rant about Gale Hawthorne because he just won’t let it go, it’s the mess they do in the kitchen when trying to bake something and supporting each other no matter what, so yeah, if people ask, they are married. 

Wonwoo’s thoughts are interrupted by Mingyu’s loud laugh, and he looks at him and Milo is on top of Mingyu and is his whole face and at this point it shouldn't but it still surprises Wonwoo how Mingyu can still make his heart skip a beat every time he looks at him. 

And Wonwoo realizes that to him Mingyu is like a nice summer day. He is bright and warm and soft, and his laugh is like listening to the sound of waves lightly crashing when the sea is calm in the early mornings, and Mingyu is the warm sun in the mornings and the tiny waves kissing his feet and the smell of the sea when he leaves the house and he’s like eating his favourite ice cream on hot day.

Mingyu is all his favourite things in one person and he’s like coming home even when he's miles away.

 


i said it would be only three parts but then i decided to do add a little something. and yah this is finally it, i finished it! i hope you guys like the way it ended and if not, well, sorry.

i'm sorry for taking so long but with uni and my brother having to use my computer for a while i couldn't really do it sooner.

thank you so much for reading it and commenting and everything. it really means a lot <3