Sang Hyun oppa or Thunder dude? : 2

One's sacrifice

 

Sang Hyun’s P.O.V---

This is the place where the three of us, or sometimes the four of us loves to hang out. Me, Gi Kwang, the love of my life and finally the geek amongst us all; Yang Yoseob.

I was smiling at first watching her slowly making her way to where I stood not until her expression turned weary, "You remember something?" I asked.

She didn't look too certain to nod.

I brought her to this place after all those years. It didn’t change much aside from the jetty is no longer there. That jetty was where Gi Kwang and I spent most of our time fishing until you became a part of our lives.

She stood on the exact spot she used to sit and with a sad smile she looked at me, “D-dude... Thunder dude...” she called out.

The tears I held up when I first met her at the cafe after all these years flowed without fail when she called out my name.

“Hey there... loud girl” I laughed along with tears rolling down my face.

Her tears rolled down her face as well, “Oppa... I remember a little about the accident” she said, “We... we were on our way to visit my father’s grave... a truck hit us from the back” she looked at me with a very sad expression.

you-ah~” I hold her up, “take it easy...”

“I-I saw a bright light when I turned back... Gi Kwang shouted something and holds me...” she continued on, “...we moved across the road and hit other cars then...” she stopped and looked at me, “...I can’t remember anything”

“Shhh~” I embrace her in my arms. Her pain and cries breaks me in the inside.

“Gi- Gi Kwang left me after all the time we spent together” she sobbed, “...through thick and thin... he was always there... why did he chose to leave?” her cries continued on.

I tried my best to stay quiet, “One day you’ll know the reason but if you don’t then, just let it be...” I tried to console her.

“I don’t understand oppa... he said he’ll always stay by my side. I have no one oppa... no one”

you-ah~ look at me” I told her to, “look at me now... Am I not someone you can always rely on?” I cried.

“Oppa...” she looked at me.

“For all those years I’ve been teasing you, it’s because I want your attention... I’ve fallen for you all along” I was crying my eyes out confessing the long forgotten confession I buried deep within my heart, “Didn’t you realise all along that I’ve always been there for you as well? you-ah~ I was always there... always...” it was my turn to cry in her arms.

“Oppa...” she holds me tight in her arms, “Oppa mianhe...”

“I love you you... I really love you...”

“Oppa...”

We cried in each other’s arm that afternoon. I was hoping for a brighter day for her instead I brought her to just reminisce her painful past. Even so, I felt a little relieved now that she noticed a little of my presence. I gave silent prayers in my heart for her to accept me and also for me to fulfil someone’s sacrifice.