Her new beginning

One's sacrifice

 

Your P.O.V---

When the puzzles slowly coming to me; returning the long lost blanks in my memories; more questions arouse. After all Gi Kwang and I have gone through, why does he leave me? Do I bore him that much?

“You okay?” Yoseob entered.

I wasn’t aware. I was sitting by myself in my living room and I’ve been ignoring Sang Hyun oppa ever since out little trip this afternoon. It is 6 P.M in the evening now. Sang Hyun oppa has been silent in the kitchen.

“Hey~” Yoseob nudged me on the shoulder.

“Ah~ Yoseob-ah...” I jumped.

“You alright...Sang Hyun hyung called me to come over” he said, “Where is he anyway?”

“He’s in the kitchen...”  I sighed, “I feel bad Yoseob-ah~”

“Why?” Yoseob eyed me, “Did you guys fight?”

I shook my head, “No...” I turned my gaze away from Yoseob, “It’s just that...he said he loves me. I’m not ready...”

Yoseob nodded, “Yeah... I can understand”

I gave him a weary smile.

“How long has it been since ‘we’ broke up with Gi Kwang? It’s almost a year now...” Yoseob counted, “You should really learn to move on... I mean, he’s like a brother to me but him suddenly disappear from our lives is just too much”

I understand Yoseob’s intention on saying that. He was trying to lighten up my mood.

“Yah~ come on... let’s settle Sang Hyun hyung and you first...” Yoseob dragged me to the kitchen. “Hyung~ what are you doing in there? We can’t smell anything nice yet...” Yoseob called out.

“Oppa!” I called out immediately after seeing him lying on the floor.

“Hyung! Yah hyung!” Yoseob gently sat Sang Hyun oppa up, “Yah~ you, he’s burning up!”

“Get him to the couch...” I said.

I went to my bedroom and searched for a fever cooling patch.

**

**

Sang Hyun’s P.O.V----

Yoseob helped me walk to the couch. My body felt heavy. Yesterday was actually the second day I had this fever. Lack of rest I suppose; watching over you from afar.

I can see both Yoseob and you went all frantic. This fever is totally a pain in the .

“Yah hyung~ no gwenchanha? Why didn’t you tell me your sick? Aigoo~” Yoseob nagged.

“I didn’t sleep for a few nights no babo ya~” I replied. Gosh, I feel so weak.

you came running with a cooling patch in her hand, “Oppa... are you alright? You’re going to the hospital...” she said.

“Aniya~ I’m okay... it’s just a stupid fever” I heard myself huffed. I guess my fever is too heavy.

“Yoseob, you go get the blankets” she told him. “Oppa...” she called out to me.

“Wae?” I smiled, “Sorry... for this...”

I could see her tears starting to flow, “Oppa... no jongmal babo ya~”. She was holding my hand tightly, “Why are you being like this? If something would’ve happen to you...” she cried, “...what should I do?”

I couldn’t utter a word. I didn’t bother much about myself these days. I guess I’m still the reckless person as I was in the past.

“Mianhe...”

Yoseob came with a few blankets and began to cover me up, “Aish~ hyung...” Yoseob sighed.

“Mianhe Yoseob-ah~”

“I’ll go heat something up...” she stood up but I manage to reach for her hand.

“Don’t go” I said.

“Then I’ll go!” Yoseob volunteered and immediately rushed to the kitchen.

She stared at me with a very worried expression, “Oppa...you’ve always been there for me you said...”

 

I nodded, “I have... always...”

“Then... don’t leave... don’t leave like what you did before...” she said.

“You have Gi Kwang... before...”

“...I... can’t open my heart yet oppa... but knowing your feelings for me lasted for so long... I’m touched oppa... I really do”

“It’s okay... Don’t force yourself”

She went closer to me and I can smell the fruity scent of her shampoo, “Just wait... wait for me oppa...” our foreheads touched.

you~”

“If you can wait a little longer... I’ll definitely... Definitely come to you... So please take care of yourself oppa...” she said.

My tears flowed again for the second time today, “I will... always... you’re my loud girl remember”

She gave out a small chuckle with a faint smile. She gave me a long kiss on the forehead and at that moment, I feel like I could just die.

 “Oppa... Thunder dude... You’re annoying... as always...” she smiled.

I fell asleep on the couch wrapped in blankets, also with a cooling patch on my forehead and of course, with her hands holding mine tightly.

Author’s P.O.V----

Yoseob went over to see both Sang Hyun and you.

“How’s he doing?” Yoseob asked you.

“He’s asleep now...” you sighed.

“What about you? Aren’t you dizzy?”

You shook your head and gave an assuring smile.

“Here... I’ve heated some canned mushroom soup... I don’t think he’s eating this anytime soon. You have this then...” Yoseob gave the bowl to you.

“Kumawo” you took the bowl.

“So... I overheard what you said. Are you really able to move on?” Yoseob asked.

You smiled, “We’ll see... This person...” you looked over at Sang Hyun’s sleeping face, “I’ve hurt this person before... I don’t want to hurt him anymore...”

Yoseob nodded.

“Gi Kwang has forgotten about me... now I only have this person staying by me...”

Yoseob almost choked himself with the soup.

“This person... hasn’t move on for years, even though he stayed abroad”

Yoseob continued to listen to you.

“I decide from now on... I’ll love this person as much as he loved me...” you resolute.

You hold on to Sang Hyun’s hand tightly as you watch him sleep, “Thank you... oppa...” you then whispered in his ears.

Yoseob patted your shoulder, “I guess you’ve made your 2008 resolution. Good luck!” he gave two thumbs up and gave out a little laugh.

With a convinced thought, you replied Yoseob with a sincere smile and silently you prayed for brighter days ahead of you.