rain

hwayangyeonhwa: the vkook anthology

"Damn you, hyung!" Jungkook muttered under his breath. Jin actually borrowed his umbrella yesterday and until now, it was not returned and the violet-haired college homie didn't expect the rain to be that heavy. He sighed and grabbed the hem of his coat, biting his lower lip in annoyance.

It's 5 in the afternoon but still, Jungkook cannot leave the waiting shed in front of the building. He can't contact anyone because his cellphone battery was already drained (due to Hoseok's nonstop playing), and there's no telephone booth nearby. He stomped his feet like a frustrated eight-year old kid. Jungkook had nothing to do but to watch the cars passing by, his white polo stained with mud caused by a reckless motorcycle rider. He was so damn frustrated.
 

Jungkook hoped for Jin's date to turn out so bad right now.
 

"It's getting late. Ugh that er." Jungkook said to himself. He removed his coat to cover up his head and bag, then went out of the shed when the traffic lights turned red.

Jungkook just looked on the ground, and didn't mind everyone's faces looking at him as a retarded student who didn't actually have an umbrella. He just watched his steps, until he bumped into a person, and he can't feel a single drop of rain anymore.

"Sorry." Jungkook took a glance, and he actually didn't mind to look closely on the guy because he was so desperate going home and to nag his hyung about the damn umbrella.

 

"Jungkook?"

 

The deep voice jolted Jungkook's veins like electricity. His eyes gone wide, not sure if he would be able to hold back if he confirms who the guy is. The sudden emotion made him more desperate than ever.
 

Not to go home, but to be with someone right now.
 

He looked intently on the guy's face just a few inches away from him. Then suddenly, tears dropped down his cheeks. It was Taehyung, and they're under the same umbrella right now.

 

"Taehyung." He whispered.

 

The atmosphere was so dramatic, but it would be the best time to reunite with someone you love.

 

Four years of longing for each other.

Four years of love that was never broken by distance and time

Four years of Jungkook crying every night

Four years of Taehyung looking at Jungkook's photo in his wallet.


 

And now it has come to an end.


 

Taehyung was so sure that it was not a dream or an illusion of Jungkook standing in front of him, in stained polo and jeans. He wanted to cry, hug and kiss Jungkook, pouring all the love that he kept for the latter, aching to be released at that moment. He suddenly dropped the umbrella then wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist, his coat getting wet eventually.

Jungkook can't barely move but when Taehyung hugged him, his arms voluntarily hugged the latter back. Jungkook snuggled closer, smelling the undying scent of his lover. He doesn't care about the rain anyway.

 

Because he knew he's secured and safe now.

 

Taehyung pulled back and looked at Jungkook's eyes, his tears dropping together with the rain on his face. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Jungkook bit his lip again, suppresing the loud cry he wanted to let out. "Please. Don't leave again. Please? I love you."

Taehyung smiled, a genuine smile that will assure him that whatever he says, it is the truth that he would hold for life. "I won't, and I love you too." He caressed Jungkook's cheek, before leaning for a sweet and passionate kiss.

 

Jungkook didn't take any second to respond into Taehyung's kisses, hugging the latter's neck tighter to deepen the kiss. Their heads in synchronization, lips brushing constantly on each other. Taehyung held Jungkook tighter, afraid of letting go the guy whom he had left a few years back.

 

 

Everything just stopped as the people passing by watched them kiss in the middle of the road, clapping their hands in appreciation even if they had no idea what's going on.

 

It's because they knew that it's all about love and not some sort of a scripted act. And the couple soaked in the rain doesn't care anyway.

 


 

Jin knew that he needs to bring Jungkook home, so he held the umbrella tighter and went to the waiting shed. But when he saw a bunch of people watching over a couple kissing under the rain, he smiled to himself.

Maybe Jungkook doesn't need an umbrella anymore.

 

 

short shot for everyone. disclaimer: any similarities to some works are a coincidence, all of it came from my mind.