The Apprentice

The Apprentice

"KYUNGSOO-YAH!!! COFFEE!!!"
Chanyeol yelled, now becoming ever more impatient. How long does it take to make one freaking cappuccino?!
"Yes detective Chanyeol-ssi, coming." Kyungsoo shouted across the office, slight frustration and fear in his voice. 
Chanyeol was Seoul city's best and most famous homicide detective at this time. He had such a perfect life (with the exception of having to analyse murder scenes all the time), he was rich and he always got what he wanted. Most people wouldn't like it if they knew everyone was pretty scared of them, right? Well, not Chanyeol. Oh, he loved it!! He felt powerful!! That was until the new freaking apprentice came. 
Chanyeol was just having his lunch break, when Junmyeon, the chief of police, said he wanted to see him in his office. And so began one of the worst (or possibly best) days of Chanyeol's life. 


The new apprentice was pretty cool according to most of the guys in the office. But Chanyeol was yet to find that out.  This new guy was called Byun Baekhyun. "Oh great, a Byun.", Chanyeol thought to himself. Chanyeol made friends with a Byun back in high school, which then turned out to be one of the wort decisions he could have made. Let's just say that Chanyeol didn't have very good relationships with the Byun family. 
Okay so anyway, this Baekhyun guy was significantly smaller than Chanyeol himself and had the cutest eye-smile you could ever see. He looked pretty uncomfortable though because, well, he was literally surrounded by Chanyeol's colleagues who were asking him tonnes of questions left right and centre and he looked like he was getting quite claustrophobic. Chanyeol thought nothing much of it though and just went back to playing with the Rubix Cube he'd hidden under his desk. 
"Annyeonghaseyo. You must be detective Chanyeol-ssi. I'm Byun Baekhyun, the new apprentice. I think officer Junmyeon-ssi said I'll be working with you while I'm here. I'll work hard for you, I promise. Please take care of me."
"WHAT?!?!" Chanyeol practically screamed. Is this seriously happening?! Chanyeol had never been told to work WITH someone in all the time he's been a detective!! Why today?! 
"I'm sorry Chanyeol, but is something wrong?" Junmyeonwalked over to where Chanyeol was stood in front of Baekhyun with a wide open mouth and an empty had where his unfinished Rubix Cube had been, meaning he had lost his train of thought and would have to rethink his whole strategy of solving the puzzle. This angered him even more and before Junmyeon could even say anything to stop him, Chanyeol was already halfway out the door. 
"Don't worry Baekhyun, he's usually like this when we get a new guy, but it's just that we've never asked any of them to work with him before." Junmyeon explained to Baekhyun who was just stood still, in shock. "Oh no, don't worry officer Junmyon-ssi, it's okay."
"Please, call me Suho. Pretty much everyone does around here. It's kind of become my name now."
"Okay then officer Suho-ssi! I'll be off to find detective Chanyeol-ssi now. Annyeongheegaeseyo!"
"See you later Baekhyun. And I would advise you to try not to get on Chanyeol's nerves. You want to still be here tomorrow, right?"
"Yeah I do. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. Goodbye."