Cupid Wings

I Don't Do Valentines

Jonghyun hadn’t meant to intrude while Kibum was showering, he hadn’t meant on stopping and gawking like an idiot. But there they were, a pair of fluffy white wings that were protruding from Kibum’s beautiful back. “Oh,” He glances over his shoulder and smiles at Jonghyun. “Can you help me?” He asks, reaching over to tug at a loose feather. Jonghyun blinks thinking that he had to be dreaming. “Jonghyun?” Kibum snaps his fingers, his wings fluttering to get rid of the water. He turns off the shower and slips a towel around his waist. Jonghyun was so focused on his wings, he hadn’t realized that Kibums lower half was bare. “Yes, I have wings, I thought I explained all this.” He steps out of the shower, standing in front of Jonghyun. “I can make them disappear too.” With a slight flutter of the wind, his wings vanish and he smirks at Jonghyun. “Are you surprised by the wings or my appearance?” He asks mischievously, Jonghyun coughs, his eyes darting every which way. “Haha, come on.” Kibum brushes past Jonghyun eager to get him ready for his date with Jooyoung, it was the fourth day, and the week would soon be over. Kibum magically transforms into apparel suited for an interview anywhere in Gangnam. Jonghyun wanted to question why he was dressed so fashionably but refrained from doing so in case Kibum changed. He looked lovely wearing that baby blue V-neck and black slacks. “I heard him call you last night.” Kibum begins, glancing over his shoulder at Jonghyun with an impish grin. “Where are you two meeting?”

“The park, I think…” Kibum raises a brow. “The park?”

“I said I wanted to walk Roo.” Kibum face palms. “Oh my god, come on Jonghyun.” He snaps, striding into the kitchen and opening the fridge angrily. Jonghyun stares after him, leaning against the wall and locking his jaw in place. “He didn’t have a problem with it…” he grumbles, Kibum’s head whips around and he glares. “First date. At a park.”

“It’s nothing serious, it’s only the first date.”

“Nothing serious, yet.” Kibum reminds him, slamming the fridge and popping a green grape between his lips. Jonghyun’s mouth opens in a gasp. “Where’d you get those?”

“I bought ‘em.” Kibum replies, popping two grapes in his mouth. “With whose money?” Jonghyun questions, taking a step forward. “Yours.” Kibum answers simply, his bow shaped lips curling up coquettishly. Jonghyun springs forward, his arms reaching out to grab the bag out of Kibum’s arms. He stumbles forward pushing Kibum against the counter, their chests pressing together, his hand was nowhere near the bag, but on Kibum’s hip. Kibum stares down at him, a light pink hue dusting across his cheeks. “If you wanted one,” he begins softly. “All you had to do was ask.” Jonghyun looks up, his round eyes meeting Kibum and he says quietly. “I can feel your heartbeat.”

“I’m not a ghost.” Kibum replies, averting his gaze, Jonghyun laughs adjusting his position so now both his hands were placed on Kibum’s hips and the bag of grapes was crushed between them. He holds Kibum like this for a moment, taking in the warmth between their chests and the nervousness he could see on Kibum’s expression. “Am I too close to you, cupid?” Jonghyun teases his eyes flicking with mischief. Kibum scoffs. “I’ve been closer to others.” Jonghyun takes that as a challenge and he moves the bag away and presses Kibum harder into him. “This close?”

“…closer.” Kibum takes up the challenge too, his fierce eyes locking onto Jonghyun. To be honest Jonghyun didn’t think it’d go this far or that Kibum would push back. So now he was beginning to get embarrassed. Noticing his slight discomfort, Kibum says, “I’ve been closer to Haeil…” He gently shoves Jonghyun aside and turns his back to him. Jonghyun—put off—stares at Kibum’s back, his expression falling. “I figured…” he mumbles, holding the bag in his hand and tossing it in the sink as though it had lost all purpose. He steps out of the kitchen, grabbing his coat on the way and calling. “I’ll be waiting outside.”

“Mmm.” Kibum replies halfheartedly staring down at his hands and wondering why he had said and done such a thing in the first place. “You’re acting childish…” he mumbles to himself, lightly slapping his cheeks before going out to meet Jonghyun. At first they don’t speak as they walk down the sidewalk, their hands swinging back and forth against their sides; they were trying their best to avoid eye contact and Kibum was acting as though he hadn’t heard Jonghyun’s anxiously beating heart. Cupids could hear all when it came to love—but that wasn’t it—that couldn’t be it.  “Are you excited?” Kibum asks, peeking over at Jonghyun whose expression remained unfocused. He clears his throat and tries again. “I think you’ll suit each other—it seemed as though he was into music.”

“I just want to stick my into something.” Jonghyun blurts and Kibum’s eyes bug as he chokes on his own saliva. “What the,”—he coughs—“Hell, Jonghyun!?” Jonghyun smirks. “Don’t cupids know about human desires and stuff?”

“Yeah, but,” Kibum pushes his bangs back. “You just met the guy.”

“Ever heard of a one night stand?” Jonghyun turns to look at Kibum who was still recovering from earlier. Kibum shakes his head. “Lets not do that,” his voice was serious now. “You don’t have much longer.”

“You make it sound like I’m dying.” Kibum laughs lightly, but the sound was empty. “Maybe you are…”

“Don’t go getting all philosophical on me, that’s my job, you of all people should know.” There was a sense of pride in his voice as he said that—Kibum should know, yes, because he knows my everything. The thought was suddenly…comforting. “True, but come on give me some enthusiasm.” Jonghyun groans, rolling his eyes slowly behind the thick framed glasses he wore. “And where’s Roo?” Kibum questions looking down and around Jonghyun. Jonghyun stops mid-step. “Oh .”

“How could you forget the dog?” Kibum exclaims as they both dash back to the apartment to claim Roo.

<3

Jonghyun looks up towards the sky his eyes twinkling as he thought about Kibum hovering around him with his cute, cloud-like wings. “How long have you been writing music?” Jonghyun snaps back to reality, his gaze dropping back to earth to meet Jooyoung’s curious eyes. “Oh, for a while.”

“How long is a while?”

“Since I could write I guess.” Jooyoungs dark eyes widen—they were such a dark brown, they almost seemed black—like coffee, Jonghyun didn’t like coffee as much as he liked tea. “That’s pretty amazing; your voice was nice when you sang the other day.” Jonghyun smiles. “Thanks,” his grip on Roo’s leash tightens. “What…do you do?”

“Hah, me?” Jooyoung runs a hand through his dark bangs. “I play the electric guitar, but I’m more suited to rock.” So Kibum had read him right—Jonghyun grins. “Wow, I guess we are a perfect match.” He says cheekily, rolling his eyes and gagging as though the thought sickened him. But Jooyoung steps closer, he even slides his arm around Jonghyun’s waist. “Maybe the cupids are at work since Valentines is right around the corner.”

“Haha, you have no idea.”

“Who was that guy you were with?” Jonghyun tilts his head and Jooyoung continues on to say. “He had pretty eyes and a cute smile.”

“Oh! You mean Kibum.”

“Yeah, him, is he…” he trails off and Jonghyun shakes his head. “No, no, he’s like an annoying best-friend.” Jooyoung laughs, his grip on Jonghyun’s waist tightening. “So I don’t have to worry about any competition?” He asks and before Jonghyun could reply, he thought about what had happened earlier today and his thoughts during that moment. I could have kissed him. I surely could have kissed him. “Jonghyun?”

“Oh,” he easily slides out of Jooyoungs grip on his waist, letting Roo lead him. “Let’s jog, Roo’s getting a little big.” He laughs taking off ahead of Jooyoung. He stares after Jonghyun, shaking his head and sighing. “Knew it.” He murmurs before jogging to catch up to Jonghyun.

Kibum was watching them from a distance, his wings popping out and his bow appearing as the two jogged around the park. “Looking good,” Kibum murmurs to himself with a bright smile. “You’ll have that golden bow in no time.” He gives himself a pat on the back before taking the bow into his right hand and stringing a single arrow into place. He couldn’t use his bow on Jonghyun unless he sought a relationship for himself and now that the stage was set all Kibum had to do was shoot. He inhales and exhales slowly, trying to control his breathing. Jooyoung was bending down to pet Roo and Jonghyun was smiling brightly, but he kept looking around as though he was waiting for someone to pop out and then their eyes met. Jonghyun squints and when he realizes that it’s Kibum, he raises his hand and flips him off. “Son of a bi—“

“Daddy, look, that man has wings!” Kibum’s blood runs cold and he snaps his fingers making his wings and bow disappear. “Wings? I don’t see any wings honey.” Kibum smiles at them, taking one step back and then another until he bumps into what felt like a soft wall. “You’re Kibum.” The voice didn’t belong to Jonghyun, Kibum spins around and he’s met with coffee colored eyes. “Ah, Jooyoung—ssi?” He questions and the man smiles. “Yes, we saw you over there and wanted to come say hi.”

“Jooyoung did, but I didn’t want to.” Jonghyun grumbles, but he was smiling, his eyes cast to the ground. “Aah, I see, nice to meet you.”

“Same here.” They shake hands, but Jooyoung didn’t look the least bit happy, instead he looked as though he detested Kibum. So he’s jealous? Kibum’s smile broadens. Perfect! “I’ll be on my way, you two enjoy your date.” He winks at Jonghyun who was glaring back at him. Kibum turns around to go but Jonghyun grips his wrist. “Whaaaat?” Kibum groans, his feet stomping along the dirt childishly, Jonghyun scoffs. “What do you have to do?”

“I want to go shopping for some new clothes, unless you want me to keep borrowing yours.” Jonghyun makes a face that’s not really mad, but not really happy either. “I don’t really mind…” he mumbles.

“Really?” Jooyoung looks between them. Kibum looks at Jonghyun with an expression that could only be described as mind tingling and a bit…arousing if Jonghyun was being honest. The cupid Kibum from day one had suddenly appeared—y, seductive and sultry, but why? “Don’t say that in front of your date,” he yanks his wrist out of Jonghyun’s hand. “He could get the wrong idea.” Jonghyun’s eyes widen and then he thought; well ing —he’s a succubus—and I feel like we just had but with our minds, what the hell—“Is…there something I should know?” Jooyoung asks looking at Jonghyun accusingly. “Oh, no, no nothing at all.” Kibum is quick to say. “I just ; we’ve been living together for so long, since highschool, college and even now.”

“…really…” Jooyoung sounded skeptical. “Yeah, I all the time,” he elbows Jonghyun, but Jonghyun was still stuck on how Kibum could go from adorable cupid, to beddable succubus. He pondered the thought for a moment; what would happen if he tugged at Kibum’s wings—would he get a cupid or a succubus? “I’ll be on my way then.” Kibum says with a wave and they both watch as he goes. “Well,” Jonghyun begins, scratching the back of his neck. Jooyoung looks towards him and then sighs in defeat. “You like him.”

“What?” Jonghyun snaps, Roo begins to whine, her tail wagging side to side. “I can tell—who wouldn’t like him?” Jooyoung laughs, ruffling his hair and groaning. “I really thought you were cute too.”

“Wait, what?” Jooyoung steps towards Jonghyun and pinches his cheek. “I won’t give up even though it’ll be tough to win against him.” Did Kibum plan this or something? If Jooyoung pursued Jonghyun, well, that wouldn’t give him any wiggle room to see someone else or give up on the idea of dating completely. He’d be stuck having to fall in love with Jooyoung. That sly little cupid.

Later that day…

Kibum was spread across the couch, one leg hanging off while the other was hidden under one of the blankets. He was watching a drama, his feline eyes flicking between the faces of the male and female lead. Jonghyun comes through the front door and Roo takes off down the hall. “Welcome back.” Kibum greets and Jonghyun’s surprised to hear his voice. “I thought you went out shopping.” He says closing the door. “I did and then I came back here.”

“Oh,” Jonghyun sheds his coat, slipping off his glasses and placing them on the coffee table. “Whatcha watchin’?” He asks, leaning on the back of the couch. “Mm, War of the Son, the romance is just right.”

“So you like law drama’s?”

“A little.” Jonghyun looks down at Kibum and a cute smile bounces upon his lips. “Don’t like the romantic ones?”

“Blegh,” Kibum flicks out his pink tongue. “Being a cupid you deal with romance daily…it’s boring and expected, I know how it all ends.”

“Bummer.” Jonghyun replies walking around the couch and sitting beside Kibum’s feet. Kibum moves only slightly, rolling onto his stomach and sighing. “It’s been a long day.”

“Oh shut-up, it’s not like you were walking all day.”

“Cupids tire out easier when they show their wings too much.”

“Really?” Kibum nods. “When did you show your wings?”

“They appear when I want to wash them or whenever I’m trying to shoot a target.” He looks towards Jonghyun with a glare. “You kept moving.” Jonghyun raises his hands in surrender before slapping them down on the back of Kibum’s thighs. “Hey!” He yelps. “Sssh,” Jonghyuns voice was soft. “Relax.” He begins to move his thumbs in wide circles against Kibum’s thighs, adding a little pressure. Kibum was wearing a thin pair of black sweats. “So you’re a masseuse now?”

“Hush and enjoy.” Jonghyun snaps, Kibum laughs. “Will do, babe.” Jonghyun shakes his head with a smile. The drama continues to play on and every now and then Kibum would let out a pleased sigh, his shoulders relaxing. His face was buried in his arms and his blonde hair was glowing once again. Roo came by every now and then to sniff Jonghyun’s feet and Kibum’s ear. A few tranquil minutes passed like this and then there was a brief sparkle of dust and Kibum’s wings appeared. Jonghyun’s eyes widen. “Woah.”

“Sorry ‘bout that,” Kibum mumbles. “It happens when they’re on the brink of getting back to normal.” Jonghyun nods slowly. It was a bit odd to him, the wings were kind of just floating against Kibum’s back, not really attached to his skin. They were adorable. Jonghyun slides his hands slowly up, adding more and more pressure before releasing it. “Your wings…they’re cute.” Kibum turns his head and smiles. “Thanks.”

“No problem…” He squeezes Kibum’s calves, rolling the muscle. After a moment of still silence Jonghyun asks. “Can I…touch them?” Kibum isn’t expecting such a question, but it doesn’t bother him, he’s actually flattered by Jonghyun’s curiosity. “Sure, just don’t squeeze.” Jonghyun snorts. “Like I would.” Kibum rolls his eyes and then closes them. His breath came out slow and calm. Jonghyun takes in a deep breath as he reaches towards the white of Kibum’s wings. His forefinger touches a single feather and it was like touching powdered milk or a cloud. “So soft…” he murmurs and Kibum blushes. Jonghyun buries his hand in Kibum’s feathers and ruffles them, he moves his fingers up and down, left and right, lost in the pleasant touch of Kibum’s wings. “Actually,” Kibum noticed that Jonghyun’s voice had changed. “You’re pretty soft in some places too Kibum.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Kibums eyebrows furrow and Jonghyun grins. “What do you think?” He gently squeezes Kibum’s wing and the reaction he gets is one he’s least expecting. Kibum jumps up, his entire face up to his ears were red. Jonghyun nearly falls off of the couch. “What?” he asks in a panic and Kibum squints at him. “Don’t. Do. That.” He states and Jonghyun swallows. “I was just…” and then he noticed that Kibum was biting his bottom lip. “Wait.” He crawls towards Kibum. “Does that,” he was smirking now. “Turn you on?” Kibum’s mouth drops open and he throws the blanket at Jonghyun. “No, , it just…feels weird.”

“Did Haeil ever touch your wings?” Jonghyun asks, pulling the blanket off of his head. “Only once…”

“And then what happened?” Kibum his lips. “We…almost—“

“Had ?” Jonghyun finishes and Kibum nods. “Wow,” he whistles, pushing his blue bangs out of his eyes. “Put them back.”

“What?”

“Your wings, make them disappear.” Kibum stares at Jonghyun before grumbling under his breath and making his wings vanish. “What would happen if a cupid and human had ?” Jonghyun asks, his eyes dark. “Nothing…not that I know of.”

“Because you never tried it.” Kibum looks away from Jonghyun’s intense gaze. “You and Haeil never—“

“Shut-up about it already.” He was glaring now. “You can stick your in some other guys but I’m not here for that Jonghyun.” Kibum states and Jonghyun felt a slap of shame. “I wasn’t trying to do that…” he mutters, looking down at his lap. Kibum sighs. “Just…keep this going with Jooyoung and I’ll be out of your hair in no time.” He smiles and Jonghyun’s heart felt as though it had lodged itself in his throat. “I…I don’t see you like that…”

“I know, I was just a little mad.” Kibum admits. “But…there’s something in me...that just wants to mess with you.”

“That’s your arrogant attitude.” Kibum says in one breath, Jonghyun glowers at him. “I just have a lot of questions.”

“That’s normal and you’re kind of cute when you ask them.” Kibum beams and it seemed as though flakes of light were falling around him and sparkling in his hair. “And you’re kind of precious to me.” Jonghyun replies, returning Kibum’s bright smile and Kibum felt something he hadn’t felt in a long time. An urge, a yearning, a soft pondering—that if Jonghyun kept this up, what had happened with Haeil would happen all over again.

Jonghyun had to fall in love and soon.

 

A/N so kind of fantasy-ish with the wings and all. Anyways, this is almost over, aaaaaaaye! And this is so fluffy and cliche-y compared to what I usually write *coughs* ButterflyPrinceandCatchingBalloons*coughs* but I am enjoying it, it's pretty refreshing and it serves as a break from all the drama in my other fics