The Second Half

The Lover's Moon

Ji-hyo looked at the muscular man who told her not to lose her senses. She just stared at him blankly. When her relative was announced as the winner, she looked back at Joong-ki, and smiled at him proudly. Jong-kook gave her a disappointed look, but he was taken aback when he saw Ji-hyo mouthing the words with a smile, "May the best person win." When the sole member of the show looked at him again, she looked confused. "Did you say something?" she asked him. Because of the woman's blankness, he smiled unconsciously.

Jong-kook looked at her, and she was confused whether she missed out something. When she received a smile from him as answer, she didn't know why she felt some butterflies in her stomach. "Ya!" called Jae-suk. Jong-kook and Ji-hyo turned red since they knew that they were caught staring at each other even though they just found out about that now. "Seems like there's a pair here already." commented YG. Hearing the comment, Ji-hyo looked at Joong-ki to say sorry.

"Next." called YG. Gary, who was looking at Ji-hyo the whole time, looked at Joong-ki seriously. Joong-ki wasn't born yesterday, so he understood what Gary's stare means. He smirked at Gary, and it triggered the latter to get ready. But then Joong-ki's smirk disappeared on his face when YG clarified that Joong-ki lost the game earlier. All of the members were shocked since  they thought Joong-ki has won already. "Why?" asked Joong-ki in a confused  manner. 

"Dubai is actually not a country. It is just one of the seven emirates of  United Arab Emirates." explained YG which made Joong-ki pissed. Gary looked at Joong-ki, and when he stepped back, he gave Ji-hyo's relative a smirk. The members of the Running Man team were relieved when Kwang-soo was brought back  in the game. Jong-kook looked at Ji-hyo who was looking at Joong-ki with sadness in her eyes. When he noticed Joong-ki looking at Ji-hyo, he felt like there's something going on between the two, but what that one is? He doesn't  know.

"Since Kwang-soo has won the previous game, we'll now move on the next set. Gary-ssi and Jae-suk-ssi, please join him." instructed YG. The two men  followed right away, and Kang Ha-neul and Yoo Ah In stepped forward. People are wondering why Joong-ki went first instead of Ha-neul, but it was explained by YG before the game has started. The guests were given a chance to switch twice if they win against their opponents, so when Jung-woo won, they chose Joong-ki to be the next player. 

"You may now introduce yourselves." said YG which made the players looked at one another. Jae-suk took the initiative to talk first. "My name is Yoo Jae- suk, and it's funny to admit that I am now up against my youngest brother - Yoo Ah-in." said Jae-suk which made Ah-in bowed his head to the televiewers. The close relationship of the Yoo brothers is so admirable that they just wish the best for the two. When the game was revealed to be a quiz game, Ah- in had his palm all over his face as he said, "Congratulations, Hyung!"

The game has ended, and it was indeed Jae-suk who won. Ah-in just gave his big brother a smile before he took the exit door. YG reminded that the score is now in favor of the Running Man members since Ah-in and Ha-neul lost to the Running Man members thanks to Jae-suk's answers. The next set of players is the most anticipated one. It was mentioned by YG that the last game will be two couple games, so Ji-hyo and Jong-kook looked at each other. "Think of the mission. Nothing less, nothing more."  

Surprisingly, Ji-hyo didn't go blank when he told her that. She just gave him a smile as she replied, "Don't you think you're being too conceited? Just so you know, Kim Jong-kook-ssi, I am not here to be like a damsel in distress, I'm here to prove that I do not act like a princess, since I also have the skills - like you guys have, like you guys - don't have."  Her words were obviously heard by all of them, but they weren't offended. In fact, they see the woman differently after that. 

"Just make sure. Actions speak louder than words." reminded Jong-kook as he gave her a little smile. Ji-hyo was caught off-guard when he smiled at her, but when she remembered that she's here for a mission, she rejected the idea of remembering Jong-kook's smile again. They are now being faced by the other team's players, Lee Min-ho and Ji Chang-wook. Ji-hyo looked at the men and noticed something strange. Min-ho and Chang-wook looked so serious as they look at each other. "Just do good." said Min-ho to Chang-wook who replied, "Make sure that you'll do good."

She looked at Jong-kook with questions in her eyes, and she was surprised when the latter answered her - "They have a common denominator." "Huh?" she asked in a confused manner. "I'll tell you later." Jong-kook said. "Why not now?" asked Ji-hyo. Jong-kook hissed as he said, "Can't you see? We're in the middle of a game." Ji-hyo smiled brightly at him, and the muscled man suddenly went blank. But Ji-hyo was surprised because after she gave her teammates a smile, she saw Jong-kook, who came back to his senses, looked at her and said, "Ya, Song Ji-hyo-ssi, don't you know that you look," he stopped as he added, "cute that way?"