The Show

The Lover's Moon

Seoul Broadcasting Station (SBS) has started to show its new show called “Clash of Clans”. It is the show that has been the talk of the town for a couple of weeks now. The show will have participants coming from rich families, and it will be very challenging since the pride of their name is on the line. The show’s objective is to show who among the elites is the very best. The show is on air now. The viewers at home can now see the big mansion where the first seven members will be staying 24/7.

The anticipated show is like a combination of “Big Brother” and “The Amazing Race”, so people are now very curious on how the show will go. Since the location has been shown to the public, it is now time to introduce who the members will be. The voiceover mentioned that the first seven members seem to be very competitive. Since the show is happening live, all the people behind the show are very nervous and excited.  The first one to be introduced is said to be the oldest of them all.

The man, who was introduced as the oldest, waved at the camera. He greeted with a bow, and when he lifted his head up, he said, “I am representing the clan of “Ji”. My name is Ji Suk-jin. It’s nice to meet you all.” Suk-jin was asked to go inside the big mansion, so the next member could be introduced. The next member was the exact opposite of Suk-jin. He was introduced as the youngest, and long before he can say something about himself, people expressed their admiration already.

“My name is Lee Kwang-soo, and I’m here to take up the challenge.” he said melting the hearts of some people who are watching him on-and-off cam. The voiceover mentioned that Kwang-soo probably has the world on his sleeves since there are lots of Lees in South Korea. The people also have their mouth open and eyes wide when the next man was introduced. The man looks so masculine and his serious look makes the people wonder whether he knows how to smile or not. The said man smiled a little, and that’s enough for others to swoon.

“Kim Jong-kook is my name, and I’m up to do my best in every game.” he said in a serious manner. The PD of the show smiled at the man’s seriousness. He knows that Jong-kook has already established himself even though the show hasn’t started that much yet. Jong-kook was also asked to go inside where he will be meeting his partner. “Partner?” he asked. The staff didn’t answer him, so he just let it go. He then started to wander his eyes inside the room that he was brought in.

His partner is now in front of him. He stared at the person from head to toe. His said partner was just looking at him. “I’m Kang Gary.” the man said. “You can call me Jong-kook.” Jong-kook uttered. Gary and Jong-kook smiled a little at each other. People who can see them think that the two will be well-matched. Both looked so strong and capable. “Have we met before?” asked Gary to which Jong-kook pondered on. “I don’t think so. Why? Do I look familiar to you?” curious Jong-kook asked.

While they were talking to each other, Ha Dong-hoon and Yoo Jae-suk were already introduced, and people who are watching the show can now tell that the two men will be up as partners. The last one to be introduced makes everyone’s heart flutter. It was mentioned that she’ll be the only female member of the show, and it makes all the viewers wonder how she’ll survive the show if she has to fight against six men. Since there are three pairs already, she was asked where she’d like to stay.

“The second room.” she answered. People screamed in delight when they realize how exciting the second room will be. “You may now proceed to the second room, Song Ji Hyo-ssi.” announced the emcee which she received with a bright smile. Her smile makes the viewers smile, too. She headed where the room is, and she decided to open the door slowly. Jong-kook and Gary looked at each other when they heard the door being opened. And when it was fully opened, the three of them looked at one another.

Ji-hyo greeted them with a bow, and she smiled at them after. “My name is Song Ji-hyo, and I will be your room mate for the time being.” Gary looked at her in a mesmerized way, but Jong-kook’s expression can’t be read by her. He was just looking at her blankly. “Why didn’t you ask a man from your family to take part into this show?” asked Jong-kook. She was shocked with his honest question, so she smiled as she replied, “Because I want to. And I have to.”

Gary looked at Jong-kook and Ji-hyo, and he started to calm the situation when he asked some information about them. Jong-kook looked at Gary and asked, “Don’t you feel bad knowing that you’ll just be challenged by a woman?” Gary was left stunned, and Ji-hyo was not a fool to not understand what Jong-kook is saying, so she told the muscular man, “Just a woman? Are you trying to say that a woman can’t be up against a man when it comes to this kind of thing?”

Jong-kook nodded his head as a reply as he added, “It’s good that you know.” Ji-hyo looked at Jong-kook in an exasperated way as she said, “Look here, whoever you are. I don’t think there’s a rule that this one is just for men. This is for family’s honor, you know. Stop acting arrogant. It won’t do you good.” Jong Kook then came closer to her, having his face near hers and making her heart races bit-by-bit when he said, “Then you definitely have to prove to me that you are just not a pretty face.”