-03-

Mystery? Or Jealousy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days after, we are having our second meet up in a café, as Mark said the library was too stuffy and I kept on yawning when we were working in there. I scoff and roll my eyes when I read his message. He was yawning all the time yet he was saying it was my fault.

I spot Mark on a table while arriving in the café. Well, it’s really hard to not notice him when all the girls in the café just look at his direction and whisper to each other. I walk to the table and sit on the only seat opposite Mark. “Hello,” I greet him. He look up and greet me with a nod.

After taking out my laptop, he passes me a drink, “matcha latte.”

“Thanks,” I can feel all the stares around the café even not looking up. It does make me feel uncomfortable but I choose to ignore them and continue on the assignment. “Let’s start with question 12.”

Some girls would stop by our table and would try to talk to Mark but his attention just on his laptop. I was the victim here when trying to be friendly to those girls but they sent me more stares. I wasn’t the one who rejected you thou.

2 hours has passed by and we are almost done. Final check and proofreading then we are out of this! Yay!

“Once again, thank you so much, Mark!” I cheer happily and try to keep everything into my bag. “I will compile the assignment and hand it in on time.” He nods as agree.

Mark has definitely helped me a lot in this assignment, but what should I do in return for his effort? Treat him dinner? What would he think? Is that too much? Or ice-cream? Does he like desserts? I get my guts together and tell him, “You’ve helped me a lot in this assignment. Let me treat you with desserts!” He nods.

Thanks God he agreed! I was so nervous and afraid that he would reject me again. We tidy up the table and walk out of the café. “What dessert do you like? Cake? Ice-cream? Bingsu (shaved ice)? There’s a bingsu place nearby and they are famous for their grape bingsu.” I suggested.

“Anything,” he answered. This is expected anyway.

As the bingsu is big enough for two to share, I only ordered one, as well as a coffee for Mark and grapefruit juice for myself. Then we find a table beside the window. Here comes the awkward silence again. I try to find a topic to talk to him but just couldn’t find one in my mind.

School? That seems too boring.

Games? I have only played Sugar Crush and Tetris before, not even Pokemon GO.

Relationship? Although I really want to ask questions about this but does it seems not appropriate for me?

Food? Yes, food.

“So, uhm… Mark…” he nods, signals me to continue, “What do you like to eat?”

“Galbitang.”

…… That’s it? Can I crown him as ‘the master of awkward’?

The food we ordered is served. “Enjoy,” the waiter bows and leaves us back to the awkwardness.

I pass him one of the spoon and start to dig in the bingsu. “Do you like dessert?” I asked another question.

He nods again, as answer.

“I like desserts too!” I said, trying to get rid the awkwardness, “I like cakes, ice-cream, candy…… All sorts of desserts. What do you like the most?”

“Bingsu.” Oh?! So that’s why he didn’t reject when I suggested to get bingsu.

“Oh! So I have gotten the right choice!” I chant happily while feeding myself another spoonful of shaved ice.

He smiles after hearing my reply. Did he just smile? I must have been looked too surprised that my face is stoned which he looks at me like I am a w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter