-07-

Mystery? Or Jealousy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luckily Wendy has gone back to her parents’ house and I won’t see her for a few days. It’s so embarrassing that the minute before I was telling her, Mark and I were impossible to get together, but the next minute I am dating Mark.

She could have sensed it even though I did not say a thing. So I simply greet her and hid in my room after came back from the Nami Island trip.

At the days Wendy went back to her parents, Mark would show up at our apartment. I told him a few times that I can meet him somewhere else but he wasn’t listening.

“What if Wendy suddenly comes back? I haven’t told her yet,” I reason, can’t get too much surprise from him anymore. I might get a heart attack any time soon.

“So?” Such an expected answer from Mark, but it gets me boiling. Sometimes he is being too ignorant.

Being mad, I try to ignore him. “Hmph! Just don’t come here on this Friday. I am going out.”

“Where are you going?” He asks, but his eyes never leave the computer screen.

“Chanyeol seonbae’s birthday party.”

He suddenly shoots up, sitting straight, “No. You can’t go.”

“Why can’t I go?”

“We are having a night out on Friday,” Mark says.

“What? When did we arrange this?” I ask.

“Now. So you can’t go there.”

“Mark, I told Chanyeol seonbae I will be there long time ago.” Why is he being like that?

“Tell him you have something important,” after finishing his sentence, he grabs my phone.

“No, Mark. What are you doing?” I take my phone back after seeing what he is going to do. He is trying to text Chanyeol.

“Emmie,” he looks at me sternly, “You are coming with me this Friday.”

“What is wrong with you? I am just going to a friend’s birthday.” I reason.

He hugs me on my waist, “No, you are not going.”

“Mark, listen-.” Before finishing my sentence while pushing him away from myself, Mark continues, “No, I don’t want you to go. I am not going to let you go.”

“You are being like a kid, Mark,” I say but he just shakes his head and hugs me tighter. Then, I get an idea of what’s going on. By any chance, is he …… jealous?

“Uhm… Mark?” I pat on his shoulder, “are you…”

Not waiting for me to finish my sentence, “Yes, I am jealous! He likes you. A lot! So you can’t go there.”

I giggle, “If I can’t be there, how am I going to tell him you are my boyfriend?” Mark looks like a kid while I was his mother.

He looks up from my embrace, “you can text him.”

“But it’s weird. You don’t simply text people with random text, do you?” He can’t be simply persuaded. I continue to suggest, “Look, Mark. I will just go for half an hour, okay?”

He thinks for a bit and nods his head, “I will wait for you out there.”

Oh God! Finally he agrees. Who would think that this cold guy being such a jealous baby?

“You still owe me something,” he says. I try to think of something but couldn’t get a clue about what he meant.

“Kiss me,” he answers, “because I am still not happy.”

I look elsewhere but not his face. He turns my face around and I can feel a black shadow approaches to me. The next thing I know, his lips are on mine.

The kiss doesn’t stay long, or I could say it just a peck. I hit his broad shoulder, “are you happy now?”

He giggles like a stupid, “No, that’s just a trial. Here comes the official.” I look into his eyes, and I could see myself. Not wanting to wait for another second, Mark hovers to me.

Our lips touch. This time I can feel his lips better. It was softer than I thought. His hand slowly reaches to the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him, while the other hand caressing my back. I can’t help myself from liking his kiss and try my best to respond to him. I couldn’t deny, Mark is a good kisser, until he bites on my lower lips. I shouldn’t have to let out a moan, which might sound a bit weird, but seems like Mark couldn’t hear me. He deepens the kiss. I feel that time goes by slower than it should be and there isn’t a sound around other than our kiss.

Until the clicking sound of keys coming from the main door, my mind has exploded. Oh no! There will only be one possibility – Wendy!

I try to push Mark away and hit his chest, which I never thought his chest will be hard by looking on his skinny figure. We pull apart and couldn’t help breathing for fresh air.

“Hello, Emmie! Do you…” Never finish her sentence, she looks at us, completely shocked. She is still in her shoes, standing still right behind the door, but her bag drops to the floor unknowingly.

“Uh… Hi Wendy,” I greet her but my voice comes out weird and awkward. Mark is still in his position which his hand still locates on my back. I signal Mark to say something but he just smiles at me.

Wendy is not back from the shock and looking at us like we are some monsters.

“Hi Wendy,” Mark finally says something, but he keeps his eyes on me.

“Sorry for messing around. I will come back later.” Wendy opens the door again and ready to leave. This is her apartment by the way.

“Wendy, wait!” I shout to her but the door is closed again. It looks like nothing happened before except Wendy’s bag still laying in front of the main door.

I push him on his chest as he smiles like a stupid. His back falls and sinks into the sofa but his smile never leaves.

“Ahh!!” I couldn’t help but scream inwardly. What a stupid!

Why does Wendy come back at this timing? Why does she have to come back while we were kissing? We could have kissed longer! Urgh!

Wait! What? No! Do not think that way! Do not think that way!

What should I do now? What should I say to Wendy? I knew it! It wasn’t a good thing to keep this secret from Wendy. I will have to face her anyway. It just that I never thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter