-05-

Mystery? Or Jealousy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exam. Exam. Exam.

After a couple weeks of non-stop revision and exams, I am finally done with all the semester! Now I can only hope that my result comes up alright.

Study abroad wasn’t easy – that is what I learnt after a year living in Seoul – especially when you can’t speak their language fluently. I couldn’t agree much that Seoul is a beautiful city with the kindest people you can get, but I missed home so much. I missed my mum. I missed my dad. I missed my puppy Jojo. And that’s when I have nothing much to do and I am too desperate to wait for air ticket sales and just buy the flight ticket now. Flying back to Melbourne takes really long. The two-way ticket isn’t cheap either during the peak season of Christmas and New Year.

“Emmie! Are you ready?” Wendy shouts from her room, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" she shouts again standing in front of my room.

"Looking at flight tickets," I tell her, not even looking at her.

"No!" Her pitch goes 3 octaves higher, "I mean, why are you in your pyjamas?"

"It's 9 pm now, why should I not in my pyjamas?" I retort. She is wearing a red romper and full make-up on. "Where are you going?"

"IT'S YUGYEOM'S BIRTHDAY!" She looks at me like I am an idiot.

"Oh?! Is it?" I try to hide myself back to my laptop, hoping that she will not continue what she is thinking right now - get me out of my room.

"Is that how you are being a friend?" I can see that she rolls her eyes out of the corner of my eyes.

"Well, I will send him a birthday text," I say.

Wendy scoffs.

"You know I don't like going to that kind of place," I try to act cute, "Wendy eonnie~ Please~"

"Yea, good girl sleeps before 10 pm. I will be back late, or even coming back in the morning." Finally, she leaves me alone, "Enjoy your boring night."

I can still hear her nags until she finally leaves the house.

Finally, it's my time alone!

Maybe I should just leave the ticket to tomorrow (and hope it will be cheaper), and here comes my movie time. Is Harry Potter marathon going to be too long? Or High School Musical 1, 2, 3 just right for the night? Hmm, Miss Good Girl is not sleeping at 10 pm! How is this going to be boring?

I make myself a cup of hot chocolate and open a bag of chips. After texting Yugyeom a Happy Birthday and apologise to him, I make myself comfortable on the sofa and turn on Netflix. I have decided! Let's watch The Princess Diaries. I have been watching this for the umpteenth times, but it still gets to me. All set and ready to go. What is better than this?

Alright, I know I am being selfish this time, but I am really tired to walk in high heels and stay in those deafening place.

Not long later, when 'Paulo' presented 'Princess Mia' the ultimate makeover, the doorbell rings. It's 11 pm now. Who is it at this late?

To be honest, I am scared and stunned like a rock.

The doorbell buzzes again for a few times. What should I do now?

I remember Wendy kept a hammer in one of the drawers somewhere. Yes, under the TV table. I found it and hold it tight with both of my hands. It is dead quiet for a moment. The sound from the TV fills the room, not until the one outside start banging on the door.

"Em-Emme," I place my head on the door and hear a guy mumbles. He knows me? "Emmelynn, open the door."

"Who- who are you?" I ask nervously.

"Urg- Ma-Mark."

Mark? As in Mark Tuan? Do I know another Mark?

"Open the door, urg- Emmelynn," Really? Mark didn't call me by my name before. However, the voice does sound a bit like him.

"Mark Tuan?" I ask again, trying to confirm his identity before open the door.

"Open the door, Emmie." It might be Mark, but I feel like something had happened to him.

I open the door slowly, trying to peek out, and find Mark sitting beside the door. A hint of alcohol fills the air.

"Did you shower in alcohol?" I quickly put down the hammer and open the door, then help Mark to get up. It is really hard to converse with someone drunk, but I still ask, "How do you get here?"

"Hehehe... Emmie...," he looks at me with his eyes half closed and grins. "Emmie..."

Mark might look skinny, but he is not any lighter. His body gets heavier after he is drunk. "Come here, Mark." I move him to the couch and he just slips on it and finds his best position on it. Then, I take a glass of water back and help him to drink it, "What had you gotten into?"

He only grins on my question, "Emmelynn... My Emmie."

Did I hear it wrong? "My Emmie," he grins again and snuggles onto my neck, "Emmie..." He mumbles.

Pushing him back to the sofa, I give him a detailed look. How many alcohols did he drink to make him this drunk? Another thought was, luckily Wendy is not coming back until late morning, or what am I going to be? She will nag on this for the whole year if she sees this.

Mark suddenly sit up, to my surprise. He then l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter