"BACK OFF!"

Hybrid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I legit forgot that I actually had a deadline for this fic lol

ALSO, I forgot that no one knows what bird I'm talking about lol. I'll put the link to all the information of the birds soon in the foreword hahaha.

Here you go~

----------

"I'm paired with you?"

"Yeah... Erm... You don't mind, right? I mean I could always ask Seungcheol to change and erm...."

"No no no, I'm fine! I look forward to patrolling with you!"

"Same here!"

"Alright, see you around! Bye!"

"Bye!"

Wonwoo ended the call and went back to bed with a smile on his face.

It was the next day in school and his cold was no longer with him. Instead, it was replaced with a goofy grin and light steps.

"Yo!" Wonwoo greeted as he high fived the humans and winked at the Raicho breeds. He plopped into his seat and turned to Jihoon.

"JIHOON! Guess what?" Wonwoo excitedly asked and shook Jihoon's shoulders.

"Wh--aaaaaaatttttttt i---iiiiiiissssss i---iii--ttttt?" Jihoon asked as Wonwoo continued to shake hin.

"I'M PAIRED WITH MINGYU OH MY GOSH HELP ME I AM GOING TO HEAVEN!" Wonwoo freaked out as Jihoon nodded his head with his eyebrows raised.

"Paired up for....?"

"Oh, to prevent more bullying from happening, the student council has asked a few of us, whom humans actually fear, to patrol around the school," Wonwoo informed Jihoon.

"Why now?" Seungkwan asked as he popped up from Jihoon's view.

"Because Seungcheol has been president for like a month? Also, the council has been patrolling but I guess they just realised they needed more people." Wonwoo replied.

"How's your cold?" Jihoon remembered to ask.

"Gone with the wind!" Wonwoo gave a thumbs up and a laugh.

"Morning!" Minghao greeted.

"This is Minghao, a new transfer student from China!" Seungkwan introduced, "this is Wonwoo, he wasn't here yesterday because he caught a cold."

"Ah, nice to meet you!" Minghao bowed politely and gave a sweet smile.

"Pleasure is all mine!" Wonwoo bowed back.

Jihoon smiled and watched the scene in front of him unfold into a comedy sketch. With Wonwoo excitedly revealing his crush and his happiness with Minghao blushing every time Junhui's hands 'accidentally' touch his hands. Seungkwan was laughing and speaking with his mouth and hands.

It would be perfect if Seungch-----

Wait, why would that make it perfect?

Jihoon shook his head violently for a second before breathing again. He needed to calm down or his wings would shoot out because of embarrassment.

Jihoon wondered why he was so embarrassed. Even if he walked straight into a pole in front of him because he was looking at his phone, he won't even bother about the looks people give him and the silent snicker around.

So when the president confessed so unexpectedly and touched him for like two seconds, he should not have been bothered, let alone have his wings spring out.

His thoughts were interrupted by the same ol' people.

"Look at them trying to live normal lives."

"I still don't get why Seungkwan talks to them."

"Urgh, he's human but I bet he is just as filthy."

"Shhh, don't let Wonwoo hear you, he is a vampiric breed!"

"My dad's a hunter, I'm sure they can capture even the most dangerous and royal ones!"

Jihoon flinched when he heard the word 'royal' but still remained composed and seemingly unaffected.

"Yeah, I heard my dad say they've recently caught a Pheonix!"

"A WHAT?!" Jihoon shouted as his hands slammed the table and shooting up on his feet.

Stunned, the humans looked at each other with bewilderment. The quiet Jihoon who never bothered about their conversations or taunts just screamed at them.

"Yo----you hear me! A Pheonix! Purebred!" The leader of the humans answered, faking confidence.

"Alright alright, what is going on? Settle down, students. Lesson is starting now!" The teacher emphasised and all the students scrambled to their seats and zipped their mouths.

----------

"Yo Jihoon, what was that about?" Seungkwan had a worried look as Jihoon ate his lunch.

"Hmm?" The pink head male hummed and looked up with an unreadable expression.

"Like, dude, your bright orange, fiery wings almost showed and you screamed, the quiet Jihoon, shouting in class. How am I not worried?" Seungkwan exclaimed and threw his arms in the air. The students looked at Seungkwan, leading to the human to bow as an apology and hide his face.

Jihoon simply snickered and took a big bite of his chicken wing.

"Sup! Back from patrolling!" Wonwoo plopped next to Minghao who in return smiled.

"Caught any bad guys?" Junhui pointed at Wonwoo with his fingers shaped like a gun.

"Scared the hell out of the first year bullies. That'll teach them something." Wonwoo gave a thumbs up and stole a nugget from Jihoon.

"Dude, you could just take one from the counter." Jihoon deadpanned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter