Part 2

Kiss Cam

A/N: It’s gonna be three parts. Sadly the last part isn’t even close to being finished so I’m not exactly sure when I’m going to upload that. It’ll be a surprise xD

Enjoy reading! ^^

(PS: after all this time I still don’t really understand the ‘storyline’ of To You, why the Chunjoe scene? Not that I’m complaining or something :P )


Like Chunji had predicted the following days had been awkward between them. They acted according to the plan on shows, but as soon as they were back at the dorm they went their separate ways. This had mostly been his own fault though. With the realization that L. Joe might have a crush on him, he started avoiding him even more. Especially since he didn’t know what his own feelings were on the matter. Sure he was the one who kissed L. Joe, but he was straight. At least he thought so, but with what happened and that strange warmth he had felt, he wasn’t so certain anymore. He hadn’t hesitated for a moment when he kissed the other, but that was because he had panicked right? Not because he unconsciously had a crush on his friend, right? It was all so confusing to him that he rather not thought about it at all and the best way to do that was to avoid the problem all together. That included running away from L. Joe at every opportunity that arose. Sadly he couldn’t run away from the interviews and other broadcasts and he could honestly say that he had seen the video of the kiss now more times than he could count on his fingers. Fortunately for Chunji the news had become sort of old after about two weeks of them telling it was an accident which meant that now they didn't have to talk about it or watch it at every appearance they made so at least they could start to pretend they were forgetting it. Though the members still made it quite difficult with all their teasing. Especially Niel. Niel was horrible, every moment he could he would remind Chunji of his mistake. What frustrated Chunji the most though was L. Joe. Or more specifically L. Joe’s lack of embarrassment. While Chunji felt like dying (or crying) every time Niel opened his mouth, L. Joe just right back with a smirk on his face just like the first time Niel made a comment about it.

Right now they were in the van on their way back to the dorm. With their comeback being a little less than three weeks away they spent all their time not spent sleeping, at the studio recording vocals or working on their dancing. Chunji stifled a yawn before settling against the person next to him and resting his head on his shoulder. Looking up he noticed it was L. Joe, but he was so tired that he couldn't be bothered to waste energy feeling awkward. Apparently even Niel was too tired to make a comment about his closeness to the other. Suddenly Chunji felt an arm around his shoulders. Even though his mind was still telling him not to fall asleep against L. Joe he was done fighting against his sleepiness. He leaned further against L. Joe and let his consciousness slip away. It felt nice to be this close to his friend again.

L. Joe on the contrary wasn’t feeling very awkward with Chunji at all. Two weeks had been more than enough time for him to get over their kiss. He couldn’t understand why Chunji was still acting so upset over it. It was just a little kiss, he understood that it must’ve been worse for Chunji to kiss him since he was straight and all, but still. It had been two freaking weeks! L. Joe could feel himself get angry again, he was losing his best friend over something as stupid as this. Worst thing was that he couldn’t even confront Chunji about it because he kept hiding behind the other members or plain running away when they happened to be alone. Surprisingly Chunji hadn’t protested today when he had to sit next to L. Joe in the van today. Even more surprised was he when he felt the other lean against him. He looked over at his friend who was struggling to keep his eyes open. He sighed Chunji was obviously fighting himself to keep from falling asleep against him like before. Shaking his head, he put his arm around his friend's shoulders and pulled him a bit closer. It then didn’t take long for Chunji to fall asleep. L. Joe smiled, he definitely missed having Chunji so close to him. Hopefully after this the vocalist would finally agree to talk for a bit, so he could stop avoiding him and they could go back to being best friends again. Though L. Joe had to admit, since that kiss the thought of being something more than friends with Chunji hadn’t left his thoughts. What would it be nice to be allowed to kiss Chunji whenever he wanted to. He let his head lean on his friend’s and slowly fell asleep as well.

Unfortunately for L. Joe his plan of confronting Chunji went down the drain when he woke up in his own bed, instead of the van where he had fallen asleep. And of course Chunji was nowhere to be found again. Ignoring the little setback, he decided he would corner Chunji somewhere during the day. Luckily for L. Joe the opportunity presented itself after dance practice.  Strangely Chunji was stupid enough to forget something in the practice room and had to go back, alone. So naturally L. Joe wasted no time in following him. He silently closed the door behind him so they could be alone in the room.

“Stop avoiding me Chunji.” The boy in question spun around looking like a deer caught in the headlights. Chunji looked around, but quickly realized they were indeed alone, and the only way out was through L. Joe. Seeing no point in denying it he decided to go with the truth, well the truth to a certain point.

“I’m sorry, it’s not like I want to avoid you.”  He said with a sigh. L. Joe walked a bit closer.

“Then stop doing it, it can’t be so difficult to do that. Just don’t run away when you see me, and have conversations with me, like I’m an actual person.” L. Joe realized he started to sound irritated and took a deep breath. “I just want my best friend back. I miss you.”

Chunji looked over at the mirrors and ran a hand to his hair before looking at L. Joe again. “I know, I miss you too, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to act normal around you again.”

“Come on, Chunji it’s been two weeks. I know we kissed, but that’s all, we have to do it on variety shows all the time! What’s the big deal this time?” L. Joe sounded genuinely curious.

Uhh, Chunji started to panic a bit, he could hardly tell L. Joe the truth that he thought the other had a crush on him and he might just return it. Because, you know, what if that wasn’t the case. Besides the obvious hurt from the unrequited feelings (if he actually had a crush on the other), it might also make their relationship even more strained than it is now. So he had to come up with an excuse, and fast judging by the way L. Joe was looking at him. “I know, I know! But it’s just because it was completely our own fault this time, well mostly my fault, we weren't forced to do it. Even in variety shows, idols don’t kiss each other like that.”

Surprisingly Chunji found that that wasn’t even that far from the truth. Sure if that had been the real reason even he would’ve gotten over it in way less than two weeks, but still maybe L. Joe would believe it.

“I guess you’re right about that, but even then you shouldn’t be so uncomfortable with me anymore.” L. Joe looked a bit skeptical at him.

“Well, yeah, but maybe I’m more uncomfortable with myself than with you. But you’re right, I should stop avoiding you. It’ll probably work best against my awkwardness as well.” Chunji tried his best to give L. Joe a sincere smile, which came out a bit unnatural but the intention was clear. L. Joe smiled back before opening his arms for a hug. Though it made Chunji’s heart rate increase a bit, he still accepted the hug. Maybe stopping to avoid L. Joe would help with his real problem as well. It was at least worth a try, especially if he could keep hugging the other like this.

True to his words Chunji had stopped avoiding L. Joe and started treating him like his best friend again. He found that talking to his friend indeed worked best against his nerves and awkwardness. Now they were almost feeling as comfortable with each other as they were before the kiss. Sadly the strange feelings he had developed hadn't gone away yet. Today was the day of the filming of the new music video, the song had already been recorded and the choreography learned. While getting their hair and make-up done, the mv director approached them to talk about the concept and such. Chunji was only listening with one ear, when he suddenly heard the director say something that immediately grabbed his attention.

“So we’ll add a so called “Chunjoe’ scene. Yes Chunji, is something wrong?” Chunji hadn’t even noticed he had let out a quite loud ‘what’ until the director spoke to him.

“I’m sorry, but do I really need to film such a scene with L. Joe?” He asked with uncertainty lacing his voice.

“Yes, your ‘ship’ as it is called, is very popular these days, you’ll definitely make the fans happy, when you do it.” Chunji felt himself get nervous, he looked over at L. Joe. Not so surprising his friend was looking a little bit uneasy as well, what if everything turned awkward again after this?

“Well you heard it, man up guys, it’s only one scene and it’s not like you guys will have to kiss again or something.” Their ever motivational leader spoke up and with that they didn't have a choice anymore.

When their hair and make-up was done, they transferred to the set. They were going to start filming the acting scenes first and after that the dance takes. All the filming went smoothly until it was time for the Chunjoe ‘scene’. The scene in itself was not even such a big deal, they had to sort of have a fake fight, but in a really close way. Fortunately for Chunji the director showed what he expected from them together with an assistant. Actually maybe it was a big deal, seeing this he had to get really close to L. Joe. He could already feel his awkwardness creeping up again. The director called for positions and not soon after the music started. With the start of L. Joe’s rap they had to get close. Sadly before they even reached the end of the rap the director already called it to a stop.

“You guys look really unnatural, both of you. Please get a grip and we’ll try again.” Chunji sighed and made eye contact with L. Joe. He just scratched his neck and shrugged before going back to his starting position in the chair.

“You can do this Chunji, just imagine L. Joe is someone else.” He whispered as a little motivational speech to himself, before going back to position as well. The music started again and once again they walked closer to each other. This time though they made it through to the end of the scene. Chunji already wanted to start cheering, but it seemed he was a little too soon with his celebrations.

“No, no, no, no, we have to do another take. It was better this time but still very unnatural. Think about the scene, imagine it in real life. We’re trying again, back to your positions.” After another six ‘awkward and unnatural’ scenes they got a ten minute break. Immediately Chunji fled the scene and went back to the roof where he filmed an earlier scene. Not long after he had sat down, he heard the door open again. Without even having to look up he knew it was L. Joe who followed him. His friend quietly sat down next to him.

“Why can’t we do this?” L. Joe asked after almost two minutes of silence. “I know we have to get a bit close, but we’re best friends so it shouldn’t be a problem right? We’re sitting close to each other now as well.”

Chunji looked up, the place where they were sitting wasn’t so big, so they were indeed sitting pressed up against each other. “You’re right, why are we making such a big deal out of this again? We can totally do this! Like you said we’re best friends, so let’s start acting like it.” Chunji stood up with renewed energy and did a little fist bump in the air. L. Joe let out a little chuckle at his friend's enthusiasm and stood up as well.

“Let’s do this!”

After going back inside they started filming again. Wonderfully the scene went with no problems this time, just for editing purposes though the director wanted another take.

“That was great guys, one more.” The music started again and they started moving. This time though, Chunji felt different. He suddenly noticed how extremely handsome L. Joe was looking today and felt that warm feeling again he felt while watching the clip of them kissing for the first time only this time it was way stronger. With the music reaching its Chunji forgot all the people around him. In this moment it was just him and L. Joe. Apparently L. Joe was also under the influence of the strange trance Chunji was in, as his eyes were also looking a little glazed over. Chunji saw L. Joe lean closer and closer to him, and he honestly did nothing to stop it, contrary he started leaning in as well. At this moment he actually wanted to kiss L. Joe, he could already feel the other breath on his lips. Just a few more inches.

“Cut! This is perfect guys! You’re done, we’ve got enough.” The director called out, looking quite satisfied with them. “We’ll now shoot the scenes of the other members and then we’ll all have a short break to switch clothes and redo make-up and then we’ll shoot the dance scenes.”

Chunji once again flees the room, but decides to go to the changing room this time. When he had calmed down a bit he sat down and started thinking. Did he imagine it or did they really almost kiss again while filming? Chunji would’ve definitely leaned in all the way if it hadn’t been for the director and at that moment he thought L. Joe was doing the same. Or was he just imagining things? Ah Chunji really couldn’t stop ignoring these feelings for the other anymore, he had actually wanted to kiss L. Joe. Though he had always been straight and had never felt anything remotely more than friendship for one of s, or any guy for that matter, he had to admit he definitely had a crush on L. Joe. But what could he do now? Sure they had kissed once and maybe it had looked like L. Joe might like him too, he by all means wasn’t sure. Asking him directly would be awkward and was actually something Chunji didn’t have the guts to do. So the best thing to do, he decided, was to completely ignore his crush and hope it would disappear as suddenly as it had come.

Meanwhile L. Joe had returned back to the roof. Fortunately for him there wouldn’t be any filming done there anymore. He sat down and put his head in his hands. If it hadn’t been for the director he definitely would have kissed his best friend. That would certainly not have ended well. He wonders if Chunji had noticed him leaning in, he hopes not. Though a small part of his mind is telling him he saw Chunji lean in as well. But that couldn’t have been true, right? The kiss last time made Chunji awkward with him for two weeks, which means he wouldn’t want another kiss right? But what if he did? L. Joe let out a frustrated yell, he was so confused. The best thing he could probably do was just ignore all the coming feelings he started having for his friend and do his best to salvage their friendship. Because no doubt it was going to be awkward again if Chunji noticed he had almost kissed him.

Not long after, they both got called back to change and film the dance scenes. During these scenes fortunately for Chunji and L. Joe they didn’t have to interact much. The moments they did though they pretended their crushes were nonexistent, but anyone could see they were acting uncomfortable around each other. But hey, at least they weren’t avoiding each other this time.