Part 3

Kiss Cam

With Teen Top comeback only a week away, CAP started to worry about their group's dynamic. More specifically about L.Joe's and Chunji's dynamics. Just when CAP thought the problems from that day at the baseball stadium had been solved, things started up again after filming. They might have not been completely ignoring each other this time around, but the awkwardness that surrounded them was no joke. Well he might have said they weren't ignoring each other but they did seem to avoid being alone in a room together. As the group's leader he decided this couldn't keep going on during their comeback. He had to make them talk to each other, but how was he going to do that when they wouldn't even be in a room together?

“Deep in thought leader?” ‘Apparently’, CAP thought since he hadn't even heard Niel enter the room. It probably would be a good idea to ask Niel for help, he always had been a little slyer than CAP himself. He could most likely easily think up a plan to get Chunji and L. Joe to talk.

“Can you figure out a way to get Chunji and L. Joe speaking to each other?”

“Ah, so you noticed it as well.” Niel thought for a while before speaking up again. “Can we force them?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, like locking them up somewhere and not letting them out until they resolved things?”

“That's sounds a little bit too much. But I'll keep it in mind, I think I'm going to talk to them about it first.” CAP decided before standing up in search for Chunji. The faster things are resolved the better. If this wasn't going to work then he'll let Niel do his thing.

Chunji looked up from the magazine he was reading when the leader approaches him. “Hey, hyung, what's up?”

“We need to talk Chunji and I think you know what it's about.” Cap spoke in his leader voice, which never meant anything good. And even though Chunji wasn't afraid to bet his whole career on the fact that it was about L. Joe he still decided to deny that there was anything wrong.

“I don't know what you're talking about at all.”

CAP gave him a pointed look. “I'm talking about you and L. Joe, everyone here noticed you guys are awkward with each other. Come one Chunji! I thought you guys had resolved the kissing thing, whatever happened to make you guys awkward again?”

“I really don't know what you mean. L. Joe and I aren't awkward at all. Things are going great!” Chunji lied without even batting an eyelash. “Things are so great that I'm going to play games with him now. Bye.”

And so Chunji was gone, of to god knows where, probably not to L. Joe though. CAP sighed while sinking further into the couch he had gone to sit on. Maybe he'll have more success talking to L. Joe. At this moment however the boy in question wasn't at the dorm so CAP could do nothing more than wait. Suddenly he felt someone drop down next to him. Without even looking up he knew it had to be the other main vocalist.

“So can I lock them up already?” CAP sighed while face palming. Why was his group filled with idiots?


It took until the evening before L. Joe finally came home. Since CAP had been waiting for him he could immediately corner the rapper to talk. He signed to L. Joe to come to the kitchen with him where he had to get Ricky out of the fridge to leave.

“Fix the awkwardness between you and Chunji or I swear I'll let Niel lock you two in a closet.” He decided to be straight to the point this time. If L. Joe even dared to deny that there was anything going on then CAP might lock them up himself.

“I want to, but I don't really know how. I try to talk to him normally and stuff, but it's just so goddamn awkward.” The younger rapper let out a groan of frustration. He really wanted to fix things with his best friend, but with how things were going now it wasn't working out. Every time he was talking to the other he was reminded of the feelings he didn't want nor needed for the other guy.

“I think you guys need to really talk, no small talk, real talk.” CAP felt like he had needed to take Niel or Ricky with him, they were always better at giving advice.

“I really don't know how. Things just get awkward and then we both want to leave as quickly as possible.” L. Joe sighed. “It'll probably pass over though, you really don't have to worry. We'll be professional on stage and in interviews and such.”

CAP nodded and let L. Joe leave the kitchen. This talk with the other obviously wasn't going to solve things either. Even though the leader believed the other two were going to hide it to the best of their abilities in front of the fans, he was sure the true Angels would be able to tell. Maybe letting Niel solve things would be the best course of action now. With that CAP set off to find the vocalist.


“My turn?” Niel asked him as soon as CAP sat back down next to him on the couch.

“Yeah, you can lock them up, go nuts.” The way Niel's eyes turned slightly crazy after he said that made him regret his words just a little bit. “Keep me posted on your plan though, okay?”

“Sure, sure.” Niel said with a wave of his hand, still more excited than was normal for someone about to lock up his friends. “I might even need your help a bit. Or I guess I could ask Ricky or Changjo for help.”

“I'm afraid those two will get too enthusiastic about helping you.” CAP muttered under his breath before speaking up again. “Let me know your plan when it's done and I'll help. I wouldn't tell Ricky and Changjo if I were you, they'll probably accidently let Chunji or L. Joe know your plan.”

“Alright, will do.” Niel said with a thumbs up.


In the evening L. Joe got asked by CAP to go over some lyrics the latter had written, together. He was told to wait in one of the rooms at the studio while the other went to get the lyrics from another room. After waiting for a bit L. Joe heard the door open and turned around to ask CAP if he found the lyrics he wanted to show him. To his surprise though the person in the door opening wasn't the leader, but the one he least wanted to be alone in a room with, Chunji. Obviously Chunji didn't want to be there either, if the way he quickly turned around to walk out of the room again was anything to go by.

“What the” he heard Chunji mutter when the door wouldn’t open again. The vocalist started bonking on the door. “Yah, Niel, open this door!”

It didn’t take long for L. Joe to figure out what was happening. First CAP talking to him about his problems with Chunji and now them getting locked in a room together. This obviously wasn’t a coincidence or just a prank of Niel. They really had to solve this before they would be let out of here again. “I don’t think yelling is going to help, Chunji.” He said with a sigh. “We’re awkward again, they noticed and CAP is worried about our comeback. This probably is Niel’s idea to get us to solve our ‘problems’.”

“You’re most likely right, but I don’t have anything I want to talk about though.” Chunji said while looking at the ground.

“Well I don’t have anything I want to talk about either. But we have to solve things. I mean we’re uncomfortable just being in the same room together.” L. Joe leaned against the small desk in the room. “So tell me, what about me is making you uncomfortable right now?”

“Wh-why do I have to answer that first, you’re just as uncomfortable as me! So why are you?” Chunji said while finally looking up at the other, a small blush staining his cheeks. L. Joe wouldn’t force him to confess his feelings right? He had to figure out another way to get out of here.

Silence filled the room. Obviously neither was willing to say something first. L. Joe was thinking up over a hundred reason why telling the truth would be a bad idea. The most likely scenario to happen was that Chunji was completely straight and that things would become even more awkward between them with no hope of ever being fixed. Strangely though L. Joe was convinced the second most likely to happen scenario was that Chunji returned his feelings. With what happened on the set and with Chunji not wanting to tell what was wrong. And of course the fact that Chunji was blushing a lot more around him. Still L. Joe was feeling terrified about the thought of confessing. But something had to happen otherwise they would have to spend the night here. “Chunji, you're my best friend. Can you promise me you'll at least still try to be that after what I'll say next?”

“Of course.” Chunji nodded, “It can't get much worse than what it has been these last few weeks right?” He tried to add with a smile but it ended up sounding a bit unsure.

“I guess.” The rapper answered hesitantly. He took a deep breath and mentally prepared himself for the worst. “I like you.”

For a long time nobody said anything until finally Chunji recovered enough of the shock to say. “I guess you don't mean as just a friend, right?”

“No I don’t.” L. Joe’s heart was hammering in his chest, this was the moment his best friend was going to say he didn't want to see him ever again and he would have to leave the band. To his surprise though he saw Chunji smile brightly.

“That’s great, ‘cause I kind of like you that way too.” The blush that had just disappeared from Chunji’s cheeks returned full force.

“Are you serious, not joking?” L. Joe asked still not believing the fact that the other actually liked him back.

“Yeah, the whole reason I was avoiding you was because I felt strange around you and was trying to ignore my feelings.” Chunji had just barely finished his sentence before he was suddenly attacked by L. Joe in a hug.

“We could’ve avoided this whole thing if we had just been honest with each other from the start.” The rapper spoke into Chunji’s shoulder. “Guess we should thank Niel for locking us up.”

“Yes I guess.” Chunji laughed before turning nervous again. “Hey, L. Joe is it okay with you if we uhh… kiss?”

“Hahaha sure, you don’t have to ask.” L. Joe pulled away from their hug and used his hand to get Chunji to face him, since he was embarrassedly looking at the ground. With Chunji looking at him, he suddenly felt very nervous, but at the same time really happy. Without hesitating he pressed his lips to the other’s. Upon feeling the other's soft lips come in contact with his he closed his eyes. He sighed in bliss, the real thing felt way better than any fantasy he had ever had about the vocalist. He felt the other loop his arms around his neck before shyly moving his lips against his own. They kissed comfortably for a while when L. Joe felt something soft and wet slide against his lips. Surprised at the bolt move coming from the shy Chunji he parted his lips. The vocalist let out a moan when their tongues touched for the first time. L. Joe wrapped his arms even tighter around Chunji’s waist and tried to pull him even closer. After making out for a while they calmed down again.

“So does this mean we're boyfriends now?” Chunji asked shyly while resting his head on the rapper's shoulder.

“If it’s up to me then yes, we are.”

“That's great.” They sat in a peaceful silence for a while before Chunji spoke up again, worry laced in his voice. “What do we do with the others? I don't think I'm brave enough to tell them we're dating.”

L. Joe frowned. “We can hide it from them for now, but we all live together I don't think we’ll be able to keep it a secret forever.” He squeezed the other's shoulders a bit before adding. “Let's just deal with it when we have to and not focus on it now.”

Suddenly they heard someone knock on their door. “Did you guys work things out? And don't you dare lie to me, I’ll just lock you up again!” Niel's voice was heard. They looked at each other and laughed. Yes they most definitely worked things out, L. Joe thought before leaning in to kiss Chunji one more time.


A/N: So finally the last chapter, this took way more time than it had to take. I think it’s safe to say I’m not going to upload anymore chaptered stories that I have not finished yet. Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed the story ^^