Part 1

Kiss Cam

A/N: Here is the first part of the story! It’s probably going to be either two parts or three, depends on how long the next part will be (I’ll split it in two when it’s going to be around twice the amount of words of the first part). I’ll update the second part either tomorrow or on Sunday.

Enjoy reading!

(I really hope it lives up to your expectations >.<)


So far it had been a nice day at the baseball stadium. The weather was great and everyone was enjoying themselves. Even though Chunji’s nose was killing him, stupid cold. He could see the other members were having fun too. Everybody was yelling excitedly for the teams. Niel, Changjo and Ricky who were sitting in front of him kept on jumping up and down. Even CAP who sat a few seats to his left kept on enthusiastically yelling. On Chunji’s right side there was a stranger and on his left was his best friend in the band L. Joe. Just like the ones in front of them, L. Joe kept on jumping up and down when things got exciting. Right now there was a break for the players and so Teen Top had calmed down a bit.

“Are you having fun?” L. Joe asked him after he had finished talking to CAP. Chunji nodded and once again sniffed. “How’s your nose? You’ve been sniffing a lot today.”

Of course L. Joe had noticed it. Chunji had tried his best to hide it so he won’t be a bother to the others but he and L. Joe were best friends so of course he hadn’t been able to hide it from his gaze.

“It’s alright my nose is starting to hurt a bit from all the sniffing but I’ll survive.” L. Joe nodded, suddenly he seemed to notice something and started poking Chunji in excitement. “What?”

“It’s time for the kiss cam.” L. Joe answered with a smile. “You’ve seen the fans with the cameras around us right?”

Chunji nodded and could see where his friend was going with this. “You’re thinking of fan service?” He asked.

L. Joe smiled. “You got it, let’s just pretend we want to be the couple chosen to kiss. They won’t choose two guys anyway so we’re safe.”

Chunji made a sound of agreement and so their plan was made. Only a few minutes later they heard a voice sound through the stadium telling about the kiss cam. Ready for the fan service and also excites at the kiss cam itself, they stood up with their arms around each other pretending they wanted to be picked. Laughing they sat down again when the first couple was going to be announced. Chunji clapped when he saw the first couple on the screen kissing. The girl looked really embarrassed, but still kissed her boyfriend. Next to him he could see L. Joe acting embarrassed as well. He could only imagine how it must feel like to be picked to kiss on the big screen while the whole stadium could see it. The second couple to be announced was a shy middle-aged couple who quickly gave each other a kiss. Now it was time for the third and last couple to be announced. He felt L. Joe put his arm around him again and saw him pointing at them. Chunji quickly copied him before he put his hand down. He looked back at the screen and suddenly felt himself getting dizzy. There on the screen his own face was staring back at him. Whoever was in charge of the cam today must’ve seen them and decided it would be fun to put them in a horribly embarrassing situation. He looked back at L. Joe and gulped. He could hear all the people around him chanting for them to kiss and could faintly hear the announcer count down.

Chunji panicked, what should he do? He was an idol, people knew him, hell the girl a few rows over was filming! Beside he couldn’t kiss L. Joe that was way too weird. But the countdown was rapidly reaching its end and he still didn’t know what to do. The countdown reached zero and all Chunji’s common sense had left him. On auto pilot he grabbed the back of L. Joe’s head, briefly he registered the look of utter shock on his friend’s face before he crashed his lips on the other’s. It seemed to take forever until he heard the announcer talk again. Quickly he pulled back and opened his eyes he had closed to get rid of some of the awkwardness that came with kissing his best, not to mention male, friend. Chunji saw L. Joe looking a bit dazed before he coughed and looked ahead of him. Chunji felt completely embarrassed and so so stupid. He could already see all the articles and news segments with the fan’s footage with a big bold capitalized headline stating something like ‘Teen Top members gay?’ and ‘Teen Top members caught kissing on camera’. Oh what has he done, what will happen to the group? While Chunji was having his little breakdown 

L. Joe wasn’t faring much better. What was Chunji thinking when he thought kissing him was the solution? Probably nothing. L. Joe scoffed, considering what an airhead his best friend could be, it wouldn’t surprise him. But the worst thing was that a small part of him was happy that they kissed. At a relatively young age L. Joe had already discovered he didn’t like the girls around him as much as his classmates and instead thought the boys were more interesting. Nobody could deny that Chunji was a handsome young man, so of course L. Joe felt attracted to him. Though it did feel wrong considering they were bandmates and best friends. They confided in each other a lot but this was a secret L. Joe wasn’t willing to share. So lost in thought it took him awhile to notice CAP was trying to get his attention. He turned to the leader questionably.

“We’ll talk about this at the dorm for now try to act normal with Chunji and enjoy this day out. God knows when our next free day will be with our comeback approaching.”

L. Joe nodded and turned to Chunji and told him CAP’s words. Chunji let out a little forced sounding laugh and muttered under his breath “Act normal, sure that’ll work out great.”

The rest of the game they tried their best to act like everything was okay between them. For the people around them they indeed looked normal but the group themselves could definitely feel the tension between the friends.

The member from Teen Top couldn’t be happier when they were finally back at the dorm and away from the many eyes and cameras of the fan girls. Upon arrival Chunji and L. Joe immediately tried to flee in separate directions. Unfortunately for them an arm around their shoulders stopped them.

“Not so fast boys. I want everyone in the living room right now to discuss our plan of action.” Groans of protest arose from all the members, nevertheless they all piled into the small living room. Chunji and L. Joe had sat down on opposite ends of the couch and Niel sat in between them. Ricky and Changjo were seated on the ground in front of the couch. CAP sat in front of them on the coffee table in a really leader-like fashion.

“First off I know we all saw that one girl filming us and there were probably more. So it is not a question if it is going to spread but how fast. People are going to ask about it in interviews and shows so we need to have an answer prepared. This doesn’t necessarily have to become a big problem or scandal. Though you guys did kiss for a solid five seconds. Seriously what were you thinking?” CAP gave them a bit of a judging stare, while the other members just looked thoroughly amused and slightly curious.

“I panicked okay!? I heard the countdown and didn’t think.” Chunji yelled out embarrassed, not being able to handle the stares anymore.

“Then why did you keep on kissing him instead of just giving him a small peck.” Niel asked him teasingly with a smirk.

“Shut up! Like I said I didn’t think and was shocked. God I have never been this embarrassed in my entire life.” Chunji whined and let his head fall into his hands on his lap. CAP shook his head at the stupidness of his dongsaeng. “Back to our original problem. The media, what are we gonna say? Anybody an idea?”

To everyone’s surprise L. Joe who had been quiet the whole time, spoke up. “I think it’s best if we just stick to the truth of Chunji panicking considering the ‘why’ questions. As for the questions as to what we think of it or felt, I think it depends on where the question is asked. At certain variety shows we can joke about it but at other places we might have to be a bit more serious.”

Everybody was silent after L. Joe’s words until CAP clapped his hands. “I think that’s the solution. Let’s stick with that, we can consider our answer when we get the script for the show. For now everyone can do what he wants, we have the evening free. Just so you know I claim the shower first it’s been a long warm day and I’m feeling sweaty.” With that CAP stood up and walked out of the room.

Before Chunji and L. Joe could stand up from the couch and run away from each other, Niel threw his arms around them and pulled them closer. “So lovebirds, how was the kiss, did you enjoy it?”

Chunji got flustered and tried even harder to get Niel’s arm away. L. Joe on the contrary stayed calm and looked over at Niel with a smirk. “Of course I enjoyed it, in fact I love kissing my bandmates.” While talking he had slowly moves closer to Niel. “Want one?” He puckered his lips and made a kissing sound at the other.

Niel immediately moved back and put his hand on L. Joe’s face to push him back. “Ew gross, go and kiss Chunji, I don’t want to.”

With a grossed out face Niel got up from the couch and left the room. Chunji suddenly noticed Changjo and Ricky had left the room as well and got nervous.  He got ready to stand up from the couch “I should go and do that thing I should do.”

Before he could get up though, L. Joe grabbed his wrist. “Wait, I don’t want us to become all awkward around each other because of this.”

Chunji was looking the other way but he could still feel L. Joe’s stare on him. Of course he didn’t want them to get awkward either but that was easier said than done. “I’ll try, but it may take a while. I’m still feeling pretty awkward around you.”

L. Joe nodded and let go of Chunji’s wrist “I understand do you want to talk about it?”

The nervousness that had just started to disappear from Chunji’s body returned tenfold. “There’s nothing to talk about, right? It was just accident, it won’t happen again.” After the last word left Chunji’s mouth he fled the room.

“But what if I want it to happen again?” L. Joe spoke softly to the now empty room.


The rest of the evening Chunji had avoided being alone with L. Joe in a room.  Now before going to bed he decided to do a quick internet search to check the damage. The other Teen Top members were all watching a movie together in the living room, so Chunji didn’t have to worry about someone looking over his shoulder. Without having to put much effort into his search he found a fancam of the fatal moment. Even though he was feeling horribly embarrassed he decided to watch it now instead of waiting and seeing it for the first time on broadcast somewhere. Preparing himself for the worst he clicked on the video. He recognizes the beginning of the video to be the moment when they just noticed themselves on the screen. He could see himself look around panicked and felt himself get a bit nauseas from the stress again by watching. He heard the announcer start the countdown and even though he knew what was going to happen he still felt a bit shocked.

“No way.” Chunji whispered in disbelief. On screen the kiss looked way more romantic than it was in real life. His own hand was cradling L. Joe’s head and they both had their eyes closed. When the announcer started talking again they separated, but it just looked like Chunji was looking away from his friend while blushing because he was shy instead of horribly embarrassed! But even if it looked like that the fans must’ve known he was just embarrassed, right? They would know the truth, right? It turned out that reading the comments was an even worse idea than watching the video. Chunji felt like dying when he discovered that more than half of the comments were about how romantic it looked and that it was definitely proof that he was dating his band member. Fortunately most of the others were more, well to Chunji more realistic ones, about how they must’ve felt really embarrassed and how they were obviously not expecting to be picked judged by their shocked expressions. Finally there were a few negative comments about the kiss being between to two males. After reading probably the fiftieth comment about how adorable they looked and how well they seemed to match together, he decided to watch the video one more time to see if it really was that bad. This time he also decided to focus more on his friend than on himself. He could see L. Joe looking absolutely shocked when he was kissed, but true to the comments it looked like he enjoyed it. The way he closed his eyes and very subtly angled his head a bit, which Chunji would have missed had he not been watching so carefully (and read a comment which said he did). Chunji could feel himself turn completely red, could it be that his band member and not to mention best friend had enjoyed kissing him? What... what if L. Joe had a crush on him? Chunji felt completely confused when he closed his laptop and went to bed. But why did the thought of the rapper having a crush on him fill him with a sense of warmth?