the royal highnesses pt. 1 ( jungkook x yeri )

✮ - of ineffable feelings ( collection )

 

 
the royal highnesses - pt. i
jeon jungkook x kim yeri
genre: fluff again and royals!au uhm
length: long oneshot, two parts

 

 
 
 
bored. that's the only adjective that can possibly describe jungkook at this moment. the young prince expects himself to fall asleep standing if duke park utters one more sentence about his stupid castle decorations. he has half the mind to stalk away without warning. but that would be political suicide, not to mention that he'll become the gossip of the entire continent.
 
jungkook takes advantage of the moment when the duke is distracted by the colourful party macarons. he excuses himself, saying he needs to attend to his father. the aristocrat shows no suspicion at all, nodding and moving onto conversing with lady kim of gwacheon.
 
the boy is actually planning to back out of the room, but he feels a hand grasp his shoulder. he flinches, turning around - it's the king of busan. his father. great timing, he thinks sarcastically.
 
still, the prince bows. "father," he murmurs. the king is a figure of both respect and terror for jungkook, although the former takes a bigger percentage. jungkook admires his father, but that doesn't mean he agrees with everything the old man does or thinks.
 

"jungkook, i expect you've been treating our guests well this evening?" the old man's voice is stern, but not cold. 

not really. "of course," he answers.

"good. i've arranged a meeting with the royal family of seoul in the later evening. i believe they have a princess around your age, she may be suitable as your wife..." the young prince chokes on his drink.

"father, i'm seventeen."

"you're almost of legal age. which is more the reason to hurry." the king responds briskly.

"father, i don't want to marry anyone."

"you will have to someday," the elder man's voice conceals a warning. "you may not like it, but that is how things must be. you are the prince of this country, and it is necessary for you to produce a heir. i, myself, married your mother at the age of twenty," he glances at the clock. "i'll be settling a political alliance with the royals of seoul. i expect you to be at the tea room by eleven." the king's voice softens a bit at the last sentence, and the boy realizes his father is giving him implied permission to do whatever he wants to until eleven. better than nothing. he bows, muttering a thank you before the old man disappears.

 

-
 
jungkook escapes through the large crowd and goes up the marble staircase at the other end of the ballroom, reaching the second floor. the sound of chatter and socializing fades behind him as he advances further. the boy isn't sure where he's going, but if there's one thing he's sure of, it's that he doesn't want to be anywhere near the party.
 
when he passes by one of the rooms, he feels a gust of wind blow towards him - the room turns out to have a balcony. perfect, he thinks. 
 
the prince steps outside into the balcony. closing his eyes, he inhales deeply - thoroughly enjoying the fresh air, the rustling of the tree leaves in the royal garden, and the distant sound of chirping crickets. he blinks, and takes in the beautiful midnight landscape of the palace grounds, as well as the metropolitan of busan. he is at peace at last.
 
"oh, woops - guess i wasn't the only one thinking the same thing."
 
he instantly turns around, and finds himself facing a petite girl. a glance at her formal silk dress and elegantly styled hair could have one assume her to be a refined lady or duchess of some sort, but the subtle touches of makeup accentuate her youthful features. her twinkling brown eyes captivate him in a mysterious way he can't quite describe.
 
"so," she says, "i'm just going to start by stating the obvious - this party blows."

 

to be continued...
 



a/n: all hail jungri, the legend of crackships 
i've always wanted to try a royal!au ha this will be divided into two parts bc its v v long lelelel
i'm sorry if updates aren't fast! so i made a double update today hahaha