Chapter 8: Happy

Mending of the Hearts

After almost a week or so of hard work and endless piles of books the project was slowly turning into a great success and they couldn't wait to finish and get a grade, so the group of friends thought of calling it an early day and went out to celebrate. They went to a SM party that was being held in one of the dorms on the campus of the university. The arts and talents dorm, where most of the best skilled students in campus lived and where the best parties were held.

Luhan was wondering aimlessly through the crowd of school bands and groups.

 He chuckled and shook his head when he spotted Chen and Jonghyun arguing about who could reach the highest note. In another corner Chanyeol and Baekyun laughed along to something that Amber and Sulli said. At a far end there was a crowd around the best dancers, who were comparing dance moves. Those dancers were Taemin from a small brotherhood called Shinee, just as Jonghyun was member of that brotherhood as well, some girls from the SNSD study group and Kai and Lay that belong to their own study group, EXO. Some of their other friends usually split them in half because they were always traveling and called the ones that stayed the most in Korea, EXO K and the ones that spent most time in China EXO M. Luhan would have jumped in the competition if it weren't for two things. One Sehun was there watching the competition, and second, he was looking for his boyfriend.

He finally spotted his panda, standing in a faraway corner with one of his closest friends besides Luhan, laughing whole heartedly. He walked over to where they stood, noticing that their eye were slightly glazed because of the alcohol that they were drinking.

"Ah Luhan, come on here" Key called raising his free arm. Luhan laughed and walked over to them, getting an arm draped over his shoulders. Luhan really liked Tao's friends, they were just like Tao, just that in different looks and traits. Tao smiled and tried not to seem suspicious.

"Tao told me about Kris and then what Sehun did to you, I say ignore him, he doesn't deserve this fine " Key said to the boy patting Luhan’s playfully. Just like them, Key was gay, so they could talk a little more freely than with a straight person.

Luhan could tell that Key had consumed more alcohol than Tao, since Tao looked pretty much normal standing there, the difference being the carefree smile on his face. When Key looked at Luhan he frowned.

"In know this jacket" Key pointed out, leaning slightly foreword when he tried touching the black piece of clothing that Luhan had. Luhan had hope that if he wore the jacket no one would notice, but he should know better. A diva's eyes never fail after all.

"Isn't this Tao's precious jacket?" Key asked standing straight, or at least trying to, tilting back untils his weight was against the wall. Luhan looked over at Tao with a questioning look. As if Tao could read his mind, he just shrugged with a smile.

"Key, I'm going to tell you something, but you can't tell anyone, if you do I'll have Tao cut everything that makes you a man off, got it" Luhan said, voice turning threatening at the end. Tao and Key chuckled in unison, Key pulling his hands up in surrender.

"Fair enough" Key said, taking a sip from his drink. Luhan took a deep breath walking up to Tao and intertwining their hands, careful that no one else saw the action. Luhan brought their hands up and gave a light peck to Tao's, the news reaching Key loud and clear. A very unmanly squeal left Key's lips, the boy covering his mouth quickly and giving thanks to god that the music was loud. Tao and Luhan shared a look while they laughed lightly at their friend's behavior.

"For real?!" Key asked completely sobered up. They both nodded and smiled widely, letting go of their hands. Tao looked hurt but tried to hide it. Key knitted his eyebrows together when he saw the couple’s secretive actions.

"Have you told anyone?" Key asked in a low voice so that the people that were near them wouldn't hear the conversation. At this Luhan shook his head and Tao just acted casually. Key had to grant it to the couple, they were good at acting.

When Luhan shook his head no, Key made an 'oh' with his mouth and downed what was left on his cup. When Key excused himself and looked for another drink, Tao turned to face Luhan.

"Everything ok" Tao asked worriedly. Luhan nodded and looked around the room. When the younger wasn't satisfied with the answer he pulled the boy to a quiet and lonely room.

"Ok, no one's around, what's the matter?" Tao asked trying to look at his boyfriend in the eyes. Luhan refused to look at the taller, turning his gaze away. Tao groaned under his breath and cupped the other's face, turning it to face him. He stood there in shock with wide eyes as he saw Luhan's tear stained face.

"What's wrong?" Tao asked in a quieter voice, wiping the tears away with his thumbs.

"It's nothing really" Luhan said shaking his hands, but it came out choked and unsure.

"Luhan please" Tao pleaded with sad eyes. Luhan sighed and bit his lip.

"I just feel that this is not fair to you, I can see it every time we hide, I can see the hurt in your face. You deserve better Tao" Luhan cried, quickly getting pulled into a tight hug.

Luhan was feeling bad every time he thought about this. He remembered that when he got together with Sehun they told the group right away, mostly because Sehun wanted to do it. At first Luhan felt uncomfortable, feeling that Sehun had forced him to, but he coped with it until he was ok. Now that someone was actually waiting for him to be ready, he couldn't help but feel like he was hurting the panda, even if he tried not to.

"I just feel like I'm not being fair with you, and I want you to be happy" Luhan sobbed quietly, trying to keep his voice even. Tao pulled the boy slightly apart so that he could see his eyes once again.

"Hey, you're just perfect the way you are, as long as I am with you I'm happy. You are my strength Luhan, and if you are not ready to tell everyone, then neither am I. How can a man be strong without his strength, I think that's impossible" Tao smiled, seeing as his words had managed to pull a smile on the other's face. He meant it, every word. He had felt so lost before Luhan approached him, not knowing where he was heading to in life, but now with Luhan there he felt he had a purpose again, and that was keep him happy. To make sure the older was safe, was happy, and protected from the things he couldn’t protect himself.

Luhan wiped his tears with the back of his hand and smiled up at Tao, wrapping his arms around his younger boyfriend's neck. Tao smiled and hugged back, pressing his lips against the elder’s forehead.

"Thank you Taozi" Luhan whispered against the other's chest. Tao nodded and hugged the other, whispering a 'no problem' against his head.

"Cute you two, but next time be more careful, some people started to wonder were you ran off to" Key said, stumbling his way out of the room's entrance. Tao let go of Luhan, only for the older to grab his hand back.

"Shall we go back?" Luhan asked, looking over his shoulder. Tao smiled and walked behind Luhan. When they reached the main place Luhan separated their hands, Tao not making any sign of hurt, sadness or any of the sort.

They spent the night joking and drinking, they even danced a little. When the party was over they all marched back to their dorm.

Tao and Luhan helped Suho up to his room since they knew that the other had a pretty slippery tongue with secrets when he gets drunk.

"Shu guyz rrook good togethers. Iz like say little perrrrrfect movie" Slurred leaning in on Tao, who was also carrying most of the drunk man's weight. Tao chuckled and held the older tighter, nodding at whatever the other said. When the couple left the other in the room they walked up their own.

Luhan was walking to his bed when he heard the door close followed by a pair of arms scooping him up in the air. He gasped and flailed his arms around in search of something to grasp. When he heard a pained groan followed by a chuckled, he snapped his head back to see Tao's face, a joyful smiled stretched on his face and his own hand in a tight fist on the dark hair. Luhan smiled back and let go of the hair, face lightly tinted with a soft pink. He allowed Tao to arrange him in his arms, feeling as the other did so with ease.

Tao moved Luhan so that the older was in his arms bridal style and planted a kiss on the others lips. Luhan kissed back and folded his arms around the younger's neck.

"You're just bragging about your kung fu panda strength" Luhan joked when he pulled back. Tao shrugged with a smile, bouncing the other in his arms a little.

"No, you're quite light actually" Tao teased, laughing and flinching slightly when Luhan punched his chest lightly.

"Yah! I'm also strong you know" Luhan barked, pouting when Tao just laughed again.

"Ok ok, can't argue with that, you did managed to carry Xiumin that time" Tao told the other, earning a firm nod and hum from his boyfriend.

Tao looked for some moments at the boy with sparkly eyes. He was getting healed and it was thanks to Luhan. He had never been this happy before in a long time. Maybe Luhan was right, maybe you can cure a broken heart with another broken heart. Only that now there weren't two broken hearts. They now were one heart formed of what another had left behind.

With another kiss, Tao sat on the bed with Luhan on his lap.

Luhan tangled his fingers on the taller's hair, tilting his head slightly to slot their lips. Tao wrapped his arms on the others waist, tracing the elder’s bottom lip with his tongue laying him on the bed and getting in the bed hovering over him. Before Luhan could correspond the other’s actions, a knock on the door made them pull apart. Luhan stood up quickly and Tao straightened up fixing his hair. Luhan was slightly panting and Tao's breathing was also a little hurried.

"Yes?" Tao asked, voice almost normal, except for the slightly husky edge that only Luhan could deference, having heard the boy just minutes before their heated kiss.

"The few members that still were able to walk already bathed, the bathroom is free" came Kai's voice from the other side "and it's good to hear your voice again Tao" Kai added, obviously with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, I get that a lot, thanks" Tao replied, looking at Luhan with a smile. Luhan smiled back and started to rummage through his bag. Luhan told the younger to go up first while he looked for his stuff. Tao agreed to that and left to take a bath.

When Luhan found everything that he needed he sighed in content. He knew that everything was perfect, that everything would be fine.

 A knock on the door was heard and Luhan took his clothes, figuring that it was Tao. He frowned because normally Tao would take more time in the bathroom. As soon as he opened the door he regretted it.

Two hands gripped his shoulders tightly, pulling him roughly out of the room and causing the clothes he had in his hands to fall to the floor.

 

---

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cliff hanger!!!!!!!!!!!! (I love cliff hangers, pleace bear with me even if it’s too much to ask XD)

I would like to apologize in anticipation… (Allow your minds to wonder)

Hey! Another update! Class is starting but I will try to keep updating without making you guys wait too long (even if I already am doing it, I am so sorry!)

So I hope you liked this update! Your comments really help me continue this!

Feedback is always appreciated! (I am very thankful for the comments and opinions you guys leave me!)

As always keep commenting and subscribing, upvote if you like this story!

Until the next chapter!

Peace out! <3