Chapter 2: Behaviors

Mending of the Hearts

For the following days the rest of the group of friends couldn't help but notice the change in their dorm. Sure, outside of those walls it was easy to act, but when they stood in the dorm it was a whole new story.

Sehun would change and head out until late hours at night. Tao would lock himself in his room. And Luhan turned into a mess in a corner of the living room until he couldn't cry anymore and fell asleep from exhaustion.

Luhan was currently sitting in his usual corner, staring blankly at the wall in front.

"Luhan" a soft hand landed on the boys shoulder with extreme carefulness, as if the boy would crumble into pieces from the bare touch.

"Can I sit?" At the question, Luhan looked up from his dazed state to see Suho. The slightly younger man had a smile on his face, but it didn't quiet reach his eyes. Luhan just nodded and resumed his staring at the wall in front of them.

"Well...we will be leaving tomorrow ....back to Korea, it won’t be forever, I heard you and the other guys are going over to Korea for a few study programs" Suho continued, not really expecting any answer.

"I guess that will be good in a way for you, since you won't have to see him for some time" Suho continued, looking at the side of his friend’s face "come here" the shorter boy said opening his arms. At this, Luhan just collapsed in his arms, crying his eyes out in what seemed like the first human contact that he had allowed himself to have in all that time, still blaming himself for what happened between him and Sehun even if it really wasn’t his fault.

 

D.O had a similar thought and went over to Tao's room, planning on helping at least a little the taller before leaving. The wide eyed man pulled his hand up and knocked on the door, not receiving any response. Not that he was waiting for one anyway.

"Tao... I'm coming in" D.O announced, pushing the door open. The room was dark, not a single light on. In one of the small beds, a figure laid with its back facing the door.

D.O just walked in closer to the younger.

When he was next to the bed, he saw that the black circles around Tao's eyes, that usually were his trade mark, had grown because of all the crying. He had his headphones on and his phone next to him, loud music blaring from the headphones. He looked at the face of the man to make sure that he was fast asleep, confirming it when a soft snore left his parted lips.

D.O reached over cautiously and grabbed the small device, unlocking it and seeing all the calls that the younger had made, trying to contact their ex roommate and friend and ex member of their small group.

"Oh Tao" he said sadly, placing the phone were it was and sitting on the edge of the bed. He shook the boy's side lightly and whispered his name. Tao opened his eyes and stared at the wall in front of him for a few seconds, while his sleep clouded mind reacted. He slowly looked up and saw D.O staring at him with a sad smile.

"Hey" D.O said softly. Tao sat up slowly, pulling the headphones off, allowing the music to sound louder once freed from his ears. Tao grabbed his phone and stopped the music, looking back at his friend.

"Everything ok" D.O asked, Tao just nodded and stared at the older boy while D.O just rubbed circles at the back of the younger. Tao for his part, just pulled away and laid back down, headphones plugging his ears once again. Kyungsoo sighed and stood up, leaving the boy alone in the bed.

Ever since Kris left, Tao had drawn apart from the group, not even sparing a glance when they got to the dorm after a long day of studying.

When Kyungsoo left the room, a single tear left Tao's eyes, the boy closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

---

After Sehun left with Suho, D.O and their other friends from the other university, Luhan tried to retake control of his life. It was easier now that he didn't have to worry about Sehun being in the next corner.

Only now that he was starting to actually see again, he saw the state of the room. Xiumin stared at a soccer game that was playing, the side that Luhan would have occupied in that moment getting cold. Chen was taking a bath, but there was silence instead of the melodious singing that usually rang in the room when he bathed. Lay sat in the table, staring at a book as if it would give him the answers that he was looking for, not actually reading the words that were in the page. And Tao was nowhere to be seen.

The young man chewed on the inside of his cheek and decided to show that at least that he would try to fix himself. He walked over to where Xiumin was seated, careful not to startle the other boy. He slowly sat down and rubbed his own knees in a nervous matter.

"Um... What are you watching?" Luhan asked carefully in a low whisper trying to not interrupt too much. Xiumin just shifted a little and sighed.

"Soccer match, Manchester united vs Barcelona" Xiumin answered simply, eyes widening when he recognized the voice that spoke. The short boy snapped his head to the side to see Luhan already absorbed completely in the game, Manchester united being his favorite team.

Xiumin reached over to his friend and pocked him on the side, to see if he hadn't went bonkers and was now imagining his best friend next to him. Luhan answered by squirming and laughing a little, telling his friend to stop. The smaller couldn't help it, he just jumped over his friend and squeezed all the air out of him in a tight hug.

"Luhan, I was so worried" Xiumin cried against the other boy, Luhan rubbing his back with the last strength that remained in his body. After that Xiumin pulled back and dried the tears that had slipped away.

Both boys laughed at their sudden exchange and resumed watching the game, laughing wholeheartedly when Chen walked out of the bathroom and stood shocked in the hallway when he saw Luhan. After that Lay joined them and they watched the game quietly, jumping every time that a goal was made.

The cheers ended when the door creaked open, Tao walking in and heading straight for his bedroom, not even looking up to acknowledge the presence of the others. Luhan looked at his friends questioningly and they all just looked down. They explained Tao's sudden change when Kris left and all he did in the day.

"He basically works out to death, either in wushu or any kind of workouts, training, anything and then locks himself in the room until the next day" Lay said sadly. Luhan's eyes just kept fixed on the closed door of the younger’s bedroom.

"One day I saw him coming back with bloodied knuckles from his trainings" Chen commented, looking back at the game. Luhan averted his gaze and was drawn back to the game, his mind wondering from time to time on how messed up their home had gotten after all that happened.

Luhan just spent the rest of the night joking with his closer friends, encouraging himself to move on and leave those bad behaviors. But he knew that it wasn't going to be easy.

 

---

Well here's chapter 2 ^_^

I hope you guys like it

as always please comment and subscribe don't be shy!

Let me know what you think of it 

until the next update

peace out! <3