Half-Blood, More Like Half-Blind

Blood Diamond

So um hello! Because I made this fanfic out of the bloom, I'm probably gonna have a little section devoted to edits or updates.

-Jisoo's actually eighteen, I need to change the age on the description.

--------------☆-------------

 

It's probably been years since I last clung to someone for dear life. The last time was when I was five and I had refused to go into the deep end of my REC center's pool. Well thirteen years later, here I was, clinging to the shirt sleeve of some stranger as I flew through the air in a metal shopping cart with wings.

I repeat. Metal. Winged. Shopping. Cart.

"Whoa! Hey dude, I get that the chariot is pretty rad, but I need to pilot this thing," spoke the person I was clinging to. I looked around...what chariot?

I've never had a fear of heights,  but thirty thousand meters in the air was way beyond any phobia. At this point, any shred of pride in me was carried away by the air's intense jet stream. Feeling faint again, I shoved my face into the stranger's shirt.

"Oooohhhhh...Mingyu, he's clinging to you, isn't that cute? Seungkwan, got a drachma? Let's call Wonwoo about this."

"Soonyoung, don't you dare! Why hasn't the Mist left his eyes yet? He shouldn't be so scared of flying if he could see this chariot properly."

The Mist?

With force,  someone pried my arms off of the person called Mingyu. I opened my eyes to see the pale blue-haired boy staring at me. I tried my absolute best not to look down, knowing that I would only see the bottom of a metal grid that separated me from my unbecoming death.

"Hey there, I'm Soonyoung, " he said as he stretched out his hand. I took it.

"J-Jisoo."

"So Jisoo, what are you riding right now?"

I looked around and instantly shut my eyes. I could feel my stomach drop down the earth's surface, or the ocean.

"A metal shopping cart with wings."

"And what about this?"

I opened my eyes again. Before me, Soonyoung held a giant bubble wand, a rigid plastic blowing end and kitten pattern handle, similar to the one boy in the beginning. I squinted slightly, and I saw the silhouette of a blade. Was that a sword?

"Guys, we couldn't have snagged the wrong guy right? His vision is no different from, no, it's worse than a regular mortal's!" The boy with reddish brown hair yelled over the wind from behind Soonyoung.

"Seungkwan, that's impossible. We fed him ambrosia to heal the acid wounds! He's obviously one of us, or else he would've died from it!" The pilot, Mingyu if I remembered correctly, yelled from the front of the shopping cart. I squinted a bit more. The floor of the cart started to turn solid, and instead of leaning against a metal net, the interior walls of...well, I guess it was a chariot, started to appear.

"Wait a minute, Jisoo. Do you live with your parents?"

I frowned at the question, "Of course I do, is there a problem?"

I didn't know how it was possible to brake in midair, but I swore that I could hear a car skidding. Mingyu finally looked away from the road, path, or whatever he was traveling on. He wore aviator goggles, covering his eyes from the intense gust of  wind. His jaw dropped open, showing off sets of canine teeth.

"Did he just say yes to parents? Jisoo, were you adopted or something?" Mingyu asked, pulling his aviator goggles off. On a normal occasion, I would be pretty shocked at how piercing Mingyu's eyes were. But I couldn't ignore that comment just now.

"Is there something wrong with me having parents? And no, my parents are definetly my biological ones.""

"WELL CRAP! WE MESSED UP! HOW IN HERMES ARE WE GONNA FIX THIS NOW?"

Seungkwan groaned, rolling his eyes as he slapped his face. Soonyoung gulped nervously as he flipped through a floral backpack for something. Mingyu just deflated like a balloon, leaning over and hanging dangerously over the edge of the...chariot? Oh...

I squinted my eyes again. A few moments ago, bits of the shopping cart were fading to solid surfaces, which thankfully looked very sturdy. I could finally see the mast of the carrier, and the mahogany interior of the chariot. Finally feeling secure and no longer looking at my own potential drop to death, I breathed a sigh of relief. I slightly poked my head over for a better view, and my adam's apple dropped down my throat (that's sounds weird, but I meant it in a good way).

Pulling the chariot were two gorgeous stallions, their golden manes glowing white in the afternoon sunlight. I then looked around the rest of the chariot.

The exterior was painted white, with gold embellishing patterns of a bow and arrow. Somewhere in my gut, I felt a strange resemblance coming from the chariot. And then it hit me.

"Where did you all get this chariot?"

"Oh, so you can finally see now."

Mingyu came up behind me as he snapped the reigns, the two stallions starting up again like a car engine.

"We got this chariot from one of our raids. The Apollo cabin and the Ares cabin fought for nearly a month to claim to whom did it belong to," Mingyu said jokingly as he snapped back on his aviator goggles. The jet stream suddenly kicked back in as I was launched back into the chariot.

"Why ask?"

I coughed out, "Because I swear that my dad has the exact-"

Too many things then happened at the same time.

Ringing through the strong wind beating against my ears, my cellphone rung against my back pocket. Mingyu yanked at the reigns, bring the chariot to a stop for the second time. Soonyoung squirmed into the farthest corner away from me, his thin eyes widening into golf balls. Seungkwan drew his giant bubble wand, which flashed into a battle axe right above my head. So this is what hurt our class guinea pig.

"What is that?" Seungkwan scowled at my waist,  more specifically my cell phone.

"A phone?"

"I know that you big oaf! But why do you have one?"

"Don't all teenagers have a phone at this age?"

"Not if you're a half-blood! Phones are forbidden for a reason, it's like you're waving a neon sign while screaming, "Hey Monsters! Come eat me!" Mingyu screamed out, retreating far away as I slipped out my phone.

Since when did a white smartphone turn into monster bait? Wait, monsters?

"Well, it's my mom. So if you'll just give me a moment..."

They didn't even bother to reject my idea.

"Mom!"

"Hi Jisoo-honey! I heard that something blew up at school, you're on your way home right?"

"Well, I think I am heading home." I glanced at Mingyu, who quickly took the reigns again and weared a hard u-turn. How he knew where my house apparently left me befuzzled.

"Great. Your father found another job in Oregon, so we were thinking about moving again."

"Wait! WE'RE MOVING AGAIN?! That's the tenth time this year! Mom, I'm not going to graduate highschool at this point!"

 Without warning, Soonyoung grabbed my shoulder. His chocolate fudge eyes flashing brightly as he grinned at me.

"Did you just say that you were moving?"

---------------------------☆---------------------------

My parents definitely knew more about this situation than I did.

"So you've found us," my mom said as she welcomed in the three boy's in orange.

"Like it or not Mrs. Hong, Chiron has his ways to find half-bloods."

Mingyu popped off his aviator goggles, rubbing his eyes as he crashed onto our sofa, falling asleep right on the spot. Soonyoung looked to my dad with an apologetic look.

"Sorry Mr. Hong. Mingyu's usually more polite, but he's been fly-no I mean-driving for the past few hours."

 

My dad was a pretty chill person, but I didn't expect this answer out of him.

"No worries little brother. Those chariots can really take a toll on you after a few hours."

Soonyoung's eyes widened.

"I knew it! I swear I could feel something familiar off of you! You're an Apollo half-blood too!"

Apollo what?

 

 

Seungkwan sat aside, munching on gingersnaps my mom had made earlier.

 

"So Jisoo's dad is a half-blood, so does that mean he's a quarter?"

"Not quite, our son's a half-blood too."

We all looked to where the voice came from. My mom came out, holding a large platter of strawberry tarts. Mingyu suddenly shot up, his eyes wide open as he eyed the tarts.

"Wait Mom! DAD! What's all this half-blood business? How is Soonyoung dad's younger brother?"

--------------------☆-------------------

"Okay, so my mom and dad are both half-God-half-human, which makes me also half-God too. These guys are supposed to take me to a camp where I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life, and if I don't go with them, I risk switching schools again because I might get attack by monsters."

"Also, you're technically our nephew; even though you are older than us."

Mingyu grinned as he bit into another tart. "On the other hand, Noona; could you give me the recipe to these tarts? They're crazy good!"

"Sure thing Mingyu. But make sure you keep it a secret from the rest of the Demeter kids, I've never been fond of sharing recipes ever since I left the camp."

The fact that Mingyu just called my mom noona didn't  bother me as much as when Soonyoung left with my dad, his hyung, to go check out my dad's chariot. What I thought was an old prop from one of my dad's music concerts turned out to be a functioning, flying chariot.

That left Seungkwan and I in our awkward little space.

"So you are half human, quarter Apollo,  and quarter Demeter...so anyways, I heard that if you sing to plants, they grow better."

Now it was my turn to judge Seungkwan.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaay! Finally done!

Just a heads up, but these are the ships occuring in this story.

Jicheol

Jihan

Meanie

Soonseok

Junhao

 

Mild Minshua

Mild Jeongcheol

Mild Wonhui

Mild Mingsol