Lethal Guinea Pigs and Boys with Giant Bubble Wands

Blood Diamond

So...I have this thing with schools. I don't hate school, in fact, I wish I could stay in school if it weren't for this thing of mine.

Rewind to a few hours ago, the students were preparing for one final run through of the talent show. I was scraping off the acrylic paint that the art students had somehow got onto the enamel of my electric guitar. It was too late to complain, but everyone prepping for the school talent show agreed that rehearsals and decoration time should've been separated. After I had lost my old guitar in the moving truck from my family's recent move, this guitar had been my reward for staying in this school for over three weeks, which was a definite improvement compared to my former schools. At the last school, I barely lasted past the first day.

"Jisoo, could you get the class pet from the bio room? Moos needs another animal to disappear for his magic show," one of the set up boys yelled out, his arms trembling under the weight of the spotlight tripods he tried to move. I looked over to where the mentioned Moos stood, he was helping himself to another cup of fruit punch while his "magic" pet bunny was freely shuffling around the refreshments table. I made a mental reminder to not touch the punch bowl later, along with everything out on the table.

It's always been hard for me to say no to people. Yes I know, it's not the best trait to have, but it's been one of the only ways for people to even think about approaching me without being reminded of my school expulsion history.

With my guitar stuck back into its case (because someone knocked down the backdrop, rehearsals had to be postponed) I headed for the biology room. The class was empty, with my bio teacher's fish tank humming in the back of the classroom; I then spot the pet's cage on my desk. Apparently my teacher was in middle of cleaning the cage, proven by a small tuft of orange fur poking out of the corner of a shoe box rather then the box of the cage. People called our class guinea pig Jisoo 2.0, because they believed the giant hamster's carrot fur shared a shade with the orange on my own head.

"C'mon number two, time for Moos to make you disappear."

The guinea pig stared into my eyes,  its own little beady eyes glowing a strange shade of scarlet. Wait a minute,  since when did guinea pig eyes glow?

And so, the thing about me not staying in one school for too long...

Before I could even get 2.0 out of his shoe box,  I heard a voice scream out from behind me, "DUCK!!"

I quickly dropped down to the ground. A wave of heat bursted from above my head, threatening to melt the tip of my guitar case still strapped to my back. I spoke a quick prayer for my poor guitar, which suprisingly felt lighter than usual. In fact, the guitar against my back was humming...like it was alive with energy.

"Don't crouch there like an idiot and get away from there!"

I quickly turned to the voice behind me. There, stood a boy with brick tinged hair and an orange t-shirt. His cheeks were too big for his face, and his round eyes were squeezed into a permanent sneer like he was constantly judging the size of your eyebrows.

Without thinking I turned back to where 2.0, or at least, where he was supposed to be. Before me where my desk used to sit, was a black puddle that smelled suspiciously like burnt rubber (probably my stash of spare erasers) and...wait what?

I squinted my eyes again and again. My vision shifted like a kaleidoscope, back and forth between images. One moment, I saw Jisoos 2.0 piloting a Ferrari with bamboo spider legs, then I saw a glowing dark purple beast crouching over me, it's drool burning holes into the tile floor. I honestly hoped that the former was reality, because that would've been really cool to bring to the talent show.

"WHAT part of 'get away' did you not understand?"

The judgemental boy ran forward and whacked the beast's head, which kept switching from a head to the hood of a ferrari. The beast roared, trying to bite at the boy. My eyes bugged at what he had used to cause so much pain. In his hand was a giant bubble wand the size of a boat oar, bright pink and plastic at every angle. A roar ripped through my ears as I was dragged away from what was now a pissed off guinea pig in a bright red Ferrari.

Conclusion, I was hallucinating and someone definitely spiked the punch bowl at rehearsal.

"Can you stand? We need to get out of here." 

I looked to voice of the owner. A boy with pale blue hair with slanted eyes was supporting my back upright. Like the boy fighting off whatever Jisoo 2.0 used to be, he wore an orange t-shirt. I stared at the letter on his chest, "CAMP HALF-BLOOD".

"I know the damage is kind of bad, but try to stay with me. For the love of the gods, where in Hades is Mingyu? I can't carry you by myself."

What damage? I tried to stand up, only to find burning pain shooting through my legs and arms. I looked down at where the pain was. The cloth of my shirt and jeans had large gaping holes, the skin underneath scorched black and red. The blood steamed into the air as I heard the sound of acid working at my skin. That was the last thing I remembered that day.

~~~~~~~~☆~~~~~~~~

"Soonyoung, get that numbskull out of here. I got this!"

"I would if I could, but I can't! He fainted on us!"

"Ugh! This dude had better be worth the trouble I'm going though here!"

 -----------------------------------

So yea, first seventeen fanfic. I might start shipping the characters later on, but im gonna get the story set first.

 

Would really appreciate comments or anything else!

 

NOW I SHALL SLEEP, BECAUSE IM TIRED AF.