The Guiltless Two-timer and the Gray-eyed Angel

Blood Diamond

whoa, so many subs at once!

I feel really bad now because im the worst person when it comes to updating fanfics, but i'll do my best with all of my ridiculous school work and club activities!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok Jisoo-ah, you have everything ready?"

"I don't really have anything I want to take other than my guitar and speakers, I'll be fine mom.

In all honesty, I didn't feel that fine. Random teenagers in orange shirts with swords and axes came to take me away from home, and my parents were just going with it. Granted, I didn't want to go to Oregon or anywhere else, but everything happened immediatly. I'm honestly shocked at how well I'm taking everything in.

"Oh wait a moment, you might want to keep your cellphone hidden."

I stared blankly into my mom. I was honestly too tired for this crap, "Why? Because monsters are gonna fly my way?"

"Actually yes. Did Mingyu tell you?"

I slid my phone deep into my suitcase pocket, buried beneath a bunch of clothing.

"Well, sort of."

My mom sighed as she helped to zip up my suitcase.

"Your father and I knew this day was coming, but because you weren't directly descended from one of the gods, we thought you could live a normal life. When you started to show the symptoms though, your father sent a message to the camp head."

"Symptoms?"

My mother hooked my guitar straps onto my back, "You know, around middle school, you had a little bit of trouble with reading your textbooks. And then there were your weird occurances that happened more and more often. We started to suspect when you told us that leaves started to sprout from your guitar."

"That's because of my grandma, Demeter, right?"

As if saying the name of my grandmother was a trigger, my mom's orchid plant by the windowsill bloomed, creamy white petals extending out.

"Music does make plants grow better. That's why we opted out and gave you your electric guitar. You won't find a trace of wood anywhere in that thing."

We were then at the doorway, where Seungkwan was trying to pick out gum from the hooves of the chariot's stallions; my neighborhood wasn't the most pleasant.

"Jisoo-hyung! You ready?"

Mingyu waved wildly from the chariot, strawberry jam was still stuck the corner of his mouth. At first, I thought about how intimidating Mingyu looked; with his piercing eyes and tall stature, he reminded me of the Korean models from my mom's monthly magazines. But his smile instantly melted away his cold appearance, his canines peeking through his lips, and his sharp eyes now round and sparkling. When I didn't wave back, his shoulders dropped down, and I swear I could see a wagging tail come to a stop. In all honesty, Mingyu was just an over-sized puppy.

Just as I boarded the chariot, my dad called out as he jogged in my direction.

 

"You're gonna need this when you're at camp."

He handed me a small notebook. It was about the size of my palm, it's stitch binding slightly worn but it's pages were crisp and clean.

Before I could get a chance to ask him what it was for, Soonyoung snapped the chariot reigns hard. All four of us were pulled into the air, and little did I know that it would be a long time before I could ever see my parents again.

--------------☆--------------

 "LEE SEOKMIN! I swear to Zeus, stop using my shield for sparring practice!"

"It's your own fault for leaving it by the mess hall Seungkwan. If you really cared about it, you would keep it somewhere safe like, I don't know, with your mama?"

"Well EXCUSE YOU, but my mom could whoop your skinny   any day and I can do just as well if you don't PUT MY SHIELD DOWN!"

A few minutes ago, we had arrived at the edge of a lake. Soonyoung immediately ran off with the chariot while Mingyu led the horses to wherever the stables were supposed to be. Seungkwan said he would take me to the camp head but now, he was arguing with another boy half a head taller than him.

"Hey there, you the new person?"

I looked around, and around again to find where the voice came from. I could see campers walking in the distance, but I couldn't find the owner of the voice.

"Ugh, down here."

I tilted my head down a few degrees, and I was met with a head of sakura-pink hair.

I couldn't help but stare. Barely past five feet, a boy with a round face looked up at me with the most apathetic yet adorable pair of eyes. He reminded me of a fairy that was probably pissed off because you decided to spit your gum into his bed of flowers.

"Was Seungkwan supposed to take you to Chiron?" I slowly nodded back, the pink-haired child shook his head and sighed, "That ; follow me."

The shorty then guided me onwards, while giving me a blunt tour of the camping grounds. He pointed to kitchens, showers, a long row of cabins that apparently separated the campers by their parents, and places that looked way too bizzare to be at a summer camp.

"Over there, that's the Arena. We have a game coming up soon, so you'll know where to go if you see everyone going crazy at-"

"JIHOONIE~! I'M HOME BABY!"

A boy, or maybe a little older than that, swept pink-haired "Jihoonie" up and squeezed him in a huge bear hug. The guy had blond hair with a purple undercut that was blown upwards, his eyes were round and dark, like chocolate bon-bons, and long rows of gummy teeth were revealed as he grinned widely.

"SEUNGCHEOL! PUT ME DOWN!" Jihoon squirmed uselessly in Seungcheol's arms while the blond nuzzled his face into the shorter's hair. I wasn't sure whether to leave the two alone or try to get my guide back.

"Seungcheol, we've got to go report to Chiron."

I turned my head to the new voice, and I swallowed. Hard.

He was probably about my height, maybe a tiny bit taller. His pale, ashe blond hair was pulled pack to a messy bun, his skin literally glowed in the sunlight. His eyes were a thick gray color, like nimbus clouds ready to unleash a storm.

Was I star-struck? Maybe.

"I'll leave that to you Jeonghan. Chiron is still angry at me for letting his party pony crew redecorate the main cabin."

"You irresponsible-!"

Before Jeonghan could finish his critique, Seungcheol ran off his Jihoon in his arms.

"Catch you at dinner!"

The blond-haired beauty and I were then left on the field. I looked to the person called Jeonghan; he was wearing an orange t-shirt as well, but his was noticably ripped and muddy, his jeans weren't in any better condition and his sneakers were coated with dirt and something that looked suspiciously like black lava. On his hip was a short sword with a copper handle, also stained with dark liquid. For my standpoint, he looked like an angel of war.

"What are you staring at?"

I quickly came back to reality. The angel starred into my eyes, his stormy gray irises brewing restlessly. There was no malice in his words, but a simple question asked in a soft voice.

"Oh, it's just, well, you look rather rustled up compared to everyone else here."

The angel looked down at his clothing and looked back at me, maybe just a bit bashfully.

"Well, I just came back from a mission with a few friends. We didn't really do a clean job when we killed a few monsters."

Oh right, monsters.

"You must be new here. I'm Yoon Jeonghan."

He stuck out his hand, which he forgot was pretty grimy with sweat and monster blood. When he realized my hesitancy to take it, he quickly switched to his other hand, which honestly wasn't any better. I could see his face slowly turn pink.

"Sorry. I should probably wash up soon-"

I quickly cut him off by taking his hand. Ignoring the dirt and grime, Jeonghan's hands were warm and soft. The monster blood had already dried, leaving a patch of skin stiff against Jeonghan's palm.

"No worries. Hong Jisoo."

Jeonghan smiled lightly, taking his hand back as I followed him to the main cabin.

"Have you been claimed yet?"

"Huh?"

I looked up at Jeonghan as we made our way up a hilly path.

"By your godly parent. It should've happened right when you arrived here. Like you know, a symbol would appear above your head and all."

"Oh that..."

-----------------------☆----------------------

"Good job on this expedition Jeonghan; make sure to tell Seungcheol that I would like to see him after dinner. And you, Jisoo, go ahead and choose which cabin you would like. I'm sure your grandparents wouldn't  care over which one you choose."

While Jeonghan was clutching his head in confusion over my lineage, I was trying to get over the fact that our head counselor was a centaur.

"You're a half-blood born from two half-bloods, yet you can read regular mortal languages and can use mortal technology without a problem. Are you sure that you're in the right place?"

"Well I was targeted by monsters, so I don't really anywhere else to go."

Jeonghan starred at me. I could feel his eyes scanning me up and down.

"Well, I guess you have two options. You can either go with the Apollo cabin or the Demeter cabin, or go to the Hermes cabin if you're feeling indecisive."

"Why Hermes?"

"Jack-of-all-trades, he takes pretty much everybody."

 Jeonghan then pointed to a long cabin, made of wood and coated in a layer of brown paint. Nothing screamed godly about it except for the symbol of the front door; a golden winged pole with two snakes wrapped around it.

"That's also Seungkwan's cabin. He hates to be bothered, but if you need someone, you'll probably find him either there or my cabin."

"Oh, why yours?" I said, stopping before the long row of cabins

 

Jeonghan sighed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind his ear.

"Because his best friend is one of my brothers. Those two can seriously cause a ruckus when they're together."

I kept a slight gaze on Jeonghan. For a person who had just came home from a monster fight, he looked fine. Like really fine. He re-did his ponytail, bunching his long blond locks to reveal his sun-kissed nape.

"So, anything else?"

I then realized he was talking to me.

"Oh, um, which cabin are you?"

"Athena."

Jeonghan pointed to a plain grey cabin, an owl resting on top of the door frame. Out stepped another camper, also with some sort of blond hair and a pair of stormy grey eyes.

"Do all siblings look alike?"

Jeonghan looked at me, as if trying to size me up by my looks. At that moment, I wasn't sure whether to feel self-conscious or nervous as Jeonghan's eyes ran over every inch of my body.

"Usually they do, but you probably shouldn't think about matching up with them. Everyone here is techincally your uncle or aunt, so you'll probably have some variation with the generation gap. I personally think you look more like a Demeter child, but I honestly can't say."

"So I guess I'll just try both of the cabins," I half stated, half asked as I walked up to the Apollo cabin. I could hear music and laughter seeping through the cracks of the door. I guess I could embrace my music side more.

Right before I twisted open the doorknob, I turned around to Jeonghan, who thankfully was still there. As I looked back he curiously tilted his head, as if asking me a silent question. The cuteness made me scream internally.

"Does this make me a two-timer on my families?"

Jeonghan raised his eyebrows, as if my question was only a trivial matter.

"Depends on how you look at it. I personally think it's like you have parents, you can be one thing or another. Funny that you would think like that, Jisoo-ssi."

My face erupted into a field of redness. Never in my life have I ever been so flustered by someone else, but here I was, going red like a ripening tomato. Anymore, and I could melt into tomato sauce. Did tomatoes even melt?

"J-Jisoo's fine. 'Ssi' sounds really weird to me."

"Okay Jisoo; I'll see you at dinner," Jeonghan stiffled a laughter as he walked away; not before waving goodbye.

I swear, someone punch me.

All of a sudden, the door swung open. The doorknob rammed right into my side, and I was bumped to the front porch. Soonyoung poked his head out, his blue hair now covered with a white beanie.

"Hey Jisoo-ssi, welcome to Cabin seven; the cabin of all cabins!"

At this particular moment, 'Jisoo-ssi' didn't sound half-bad. It made me feel more respect compared to the throbbing jab I just got from a doorknob.

--------------☆--------------

 

Okaaayy~

So far, what do you all think? I think i made a good decision on where i put seungkwan, because that boy can do EVERYTHING!

dont deny it, boo seungkwan has alot to give, is fabulous, and will make you feel the burn from his sass levels.

Try to guess which cabin woozi's in. You all are probably in for a surprise-!

 

Ive got AP testing coming up at my school, so ive gotta study. But i wanted to put out this chapter before i got too busy,

So long, and ill be back soon-ish.

 

 

Emphasis on the ish.