Night walking

Get It Together

 

Kim Jinhwan Sunday, 22:17 PM

The hallway was empty as Jinhwan made his way back to bed. Or at least he thought so, until he bumped into another student, who’d been almost invisible standing in the shadows of a corner. “Sorry,” Jinhwan mumbled, looking up into a pair of dark brown eyes, when he suddenly noticed who he was talking to. “Junhoe? What are you doing here?” The other scratched his neck awkwardly, hesitating. “I think I got lost,” he said biting his lip embarrassed by the situation. Jinhwan blinked. He’d probably been at the meeting Jiwon was talking about, but the headmasters office lay in the other end of the building, so how on earth did the guy end up here? Happy to offer his help, Jinhwan spoke: “I could show you the way to your room? If you want me too? It’s kind of far from here…” Junhoe just shrugged and nodded, but it gave Jinhwan a feeling of nervous excitement. “Uh, okay.”

As they went, Junhoe kept a few steps behind the older. Jinhwan wanted to talk to guy, but he didn’t seem interested in any kind of social contact, just walking silently down the hallway. Only one question had come from Jinhwan, and the answer had been short and quiet. “So what main subject do you take?” After a couple more of steps the dark voice spoke: “Vocal classes” Jinhwan felt a jolt in his stomach. “Really? That means we’ll have classes together. Do you sing a lot?” The other didn’t answer this time, which made Jinhwan feel stupid and kept him from talking any more. When they finally reached Jiwon, and now also Junhoes room, both guys stopped. “Here you go,” Jinhwan said, low key hoping for a goodnight. “Thanks,” Junhoes face lightened up a bit, “Guess I’ll see you in classes tomorrow then?” Jinhwan could have sworn he saw the other smiling for at short moment. “Yeah, see you tomorrow.” He’d only taken a few steps, when he heard Junhoe calling from behind: “You got really nice hair, you know.” And with a racing heart, Jinhwan found his way back to his own room.

 

Junhoe – Sunday, 10:45 PM

Junhoe hated this. Sharing room with a guy he hardly even knew, wasn’t exactly one of his favourite activities. The room was messy, and Junhoe was scared that he’d lose track of his stuff, if he started unpacking, so instead he dropped himself on the bed, letting out an exhausted sight. The meeting with the headmaster was over, but ahead waited tomorrow filled with new annoying teachers and immature students. At that moment Jiwon entered the room, looking too happy for Junhoes liking. He guy had probably said goodbye to his friend, who’d been at the room for ages. A short greeting and Junhoe had left, not wanting to share any of his evening with these two. He’d been wandering around the school, completely lost until he found the cute small guy.

Jiwon looked short at his roommate, and the atmosphere suddenly went awkward. “So, erhm,” Jiwon started, clearly not knowing what to say, “You’re okay with the room? I know it’s a bit messy, but yeah, I guess I could clean a bit up.” He didn’t though. He just sat down on his own bed, looking examining at the opposite guy. After a moment of silence, Junhoe spoke: “So how long have you been here?” Jiwon looked surprised that Junhoe had spoken to him, but answered quickly. “About two years.” They both could feel the tense mood in the room loosing up a bit, and Jiwon continued: “But you know it’s not as bad, as it might seem. Free food and I am happy.” Junhoe laughed short, not sure if Jiwon was just joking, or actually being honest. “And you already met Hanbin and Jinhwan. They’re really nice, you should give them a shot.” Junhoe tried to keep the eye-roll in his mind only. “Yeah Jinhwan’s okay,” he mumbled. “Ah, you seem to work out more than fine with Jinhwan, so at least it’s not going to be boring." Jiwon was obviously trying to hide at smirk, but Junhoe didn’t really get why. What was he implying? “I don’t really know. I just thought his hair was cool. I don’t really like noisy people,” Junhoe started, but his phone started vibrating ended the small conversation abrupt.

A thin female voice, spoke through the phone: “Junhoe! I’ve been trying to get in contact with you for ages! How are you? Did you arrive yet?”

With an instant smile Junhoe rose from the bed. “Noona? Yeah I’m fine.” The smirk on Jiwons face dropped at once, and he watched Junhoe with his eyes screwed up tightly. After the phone call, both had gone to bed, not speaking much. This had been the worst day to date, and Junhoe was pretty sure that the coming ones would be just as bad. The only good thing had been talking to Yeijin, and with that little comfort, he fell asleep.