/That was not a flashlight/

Mystical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up feeling refreshed. That was definitely odd. My mind still numb from sleep, I groaned and turned over.

  Big mistake.

    “Kang Seulgi! Son of a - ow!” I groaned as I curled into a ball, holding my head.

    “Are you okay, Irene?”

    The back of my head was throbbing as I hissed in pain. Stupid headboard. Stupid Kang Seulgi. Then, I froze. Furrowing my brows, I slowly let go of my head and looked up at a green eyed Seulgi. “What are you doing in my bed?”

    “You were crying in your sleep at night. You were in pain, so I watched over you.” Seulgi’s expression was that of pure innocence as she continued watching me with unblinking, emerald eyes.

    Memories of the night before flooded back to me, and I felt blood rising into my cheeks. “You do not tell anyone what you saw. Do you understand me?” I growled, looking back up and glaring at her.

    Seulgi blinked once, and then nodded. “I will not tell anyone. Do not worry.” Seulgi was sitting cross legged on top of my blanket, only a few inches away from me. It looked like she’d been sitting there the whole time. She raised a hand and ran her fingers through her hair.

    Wait, I’m missing something. I saw something. Seulgi and last night, and - oh. “Last night. You - You had some sort of light coming out of your hand last night. I saw it. Don’t deny it,” I said, eyes wide.

    Seulgi looked at me with a concerned look on her face before she tilted her head and then pulled out a small flashlight from behind her. “I found this light stick contraption in my room. Is this what you are talking about?”

    I blinked in confusion before holding my head and shaking it. A flashlight. It was a stupid flashlight. Get a hold of yourself, Irene.

    “Irene? Does your head hurt?”

    I scoffed. “No, of course it doesn’t hurt, it’s not like you just made me - “ I cut myself off when I opened my eyes to see Seulgi barely an inch away from my face. I’d been with her for three days now, but I still couldn’t get used to her looks. I found myself looking down at her lips before clenching my jaws and swallowing. No, what the hell are you doing?! I quickly pushed Seulgi away from me, flustered. “I - I told you not to do that!”

    “I am sorry.”

    “H - How many times are you going to say sorry, anyway? Stop doing things to apologize for,” I muttered, looking away from Seulgi as I tried to get my heartbeat back to normal. I was attracted to girls, but being attracted to an impossibly beautiful girl who’d lost her memories because of me was dangerous.

    “ . . . I am sorry.”

    I looked sharply back at Seulgi, only to see her smiling at me with crescent moon eyes and glinting teeth. Stupid smile. With a deep sigh, I swung my legs out from under the covers and made my way out of my room. It was nice not having to go to work for another few days, though the price of having this freedom was in the form of a certain air headed girl. “Are you hungry? And if you’re behind me right now, make some noise before you talk.” I couldn’t help the grin that spread across my face when I heard a small thump - most likely from Seulgi stomping on the ground.

    “Yes.”

    I turned around when I got to the kitchen, crossing my arms and tilting my head. “Alright, well you’ve got two choices. Cereal, or cereal,” I said, holding up a box of Lucky Charms and then a box of Cocoa Pebbles.

    Seulgi pointed at the box of Cocoa Pebbles, eyes bright. Only one word came out of , light and mystified, “Chocolate.”

    I laughed out loud, almost dropping the boxes in the process. “Cocoa Pebbles it is, then.” I tossed the box over to her, and she easily caught it. I made quick work of grabbing the milk, bowls, and spoons before settling down across Seulgi, sliding her a bowl and spoon. I grabbed the box of Cocoa Pebbles before opening it and pouring a good amount into my bowl, and then handing it over to Seulgi. I poured milk into my bowl, and then started to eat, watching Seulgi to make sure that she wouldn’t make a big mess.

    “This is not like that toothpaste, is it?” Seulgi suddenly asked, her eyes narrowing in wary suspicion.

    I laughed out loud before taking a spoonful of cereal and eating it, raising a brow at her. “Does it look like I’d eat toothpaste like this?” I shook my head as relief settled over her features as she took a spoonful of cereal and ate it. Her eyes lit up, and I let out a sound of amusement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter