Chapter 8 [Day 2 Final Part]

Camp Im

 

Yuri huffed as she walked down the stream, being aware of her surroundings. She couldn’t believe she had to go after the midget. 

 

“How far could she have gone? She’s short!” Yuri mumbled. 

 

She walked a couple more minutes and found Taeyeon sitting on a tree trunk, close to where she had gone when she and Jessica talked.

 

She could hear the girl’s heavy breathing. Yuri began to feel guilty, she knew she shouldn’t have been so mean to the girl, but she had let go of one of her best friends. Yuri was angry with Taeyeon, but at what cost? Their friendship.

 

Yuri slowly approached the leader and stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

 

Taeyeon glances at her and wiped her tears away roughly, sniffling while doing so. “What? Came here to finish me off or something?” She took deep breaths, trying to calm down her anxiety.

 

“Are you okay? Why are you—“ Yuri was interrupted by Taeyeon’s forced chuckle.

 

“You’re really going to stand there and pretend that you care about me?” Taeyeon remarked, as she put a hand to her heart. “Haven’t you had enough? Why are you doing this to me?” The leader looked at Yuri with pain and sadness in her eyes, and even a hint of anger.

 

Yuri swallowed the lump in and looked away, she couldn’t stand to see the way Taeyeon was looking at her. Taeyeon has never actually said anything back when she would give her a malicious comment. “I—“

 

“Please...” Taeyeon whispered, as more tears flowed down her cheeks. “I can’t take it anymore, so please whatever you have to say... don’t say it.” 

 

Yuri’s eyes began to water as she fell to her knees in front of Taeyeon, grabbing one of her hands, as she started to sob. “I’m so sorry, Tae. Please, forgive me for everything I’ve said. I was just so angry and I—“ she was cut off when she felt Taeyeon’s arms wrap around her mid riff, resting her head on Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“Yuri,” Taeyeon whispered, as she tightened her arms. “I miss you.”

 

Yuri breathes heavily, as she wrapped her arms around Taeyeon as well, it was an awkward position, but they didn’t care at the moment. “I miss you too, Tae.”

 

“Yuri, I want you to know that I didn’t want to kick Sica out.” Taeyeon said this as she pulled away slightly, enough to look into Yuri’s puffy eyes, she was sure hers looked like that as well. “But you girls didn’t give me a chance to explain.”

 

Yuri closed her eyes in shame, she couldn’t look at her leader in the eyes, the guilt was eating her up inside. Yuri gasped as she felt Taeyeon’s hand on her cheek. “Yuri, look at me, it’s okay. You had a right to be mad.”

 

Yuri opened her eyes and frowned as she put her hand on top of Taeyeon’s. “No, it’s not okay. I was so cruel to you, you should be the one who hates me, not the other way around. I can’t believe I—“

 

“Breathe, Yul. It’s fine, and if you’ll let me,” she glanced away for a second and met Yuri’s eyes again. “I’ll explain to you why I did what I did.”

 

Yuri nodded, “Okay.”

 

As Taeyeon began to explain to Yuri what happened a few years back, the black pearl couldn’t help but feel even more guilty, she had falsely accused Taeyeon of being cold hearted and a snake. She let a few years slip as the leader wiped them away for her, still explaining while doing so. 

 

“And that’s why I did it. You know I just want to see you girls be happy. No matter what.” Taeyeon finished her explanation and smiled softly to Yuri.

 

They hugged once more and stood up after, stretching their legs from being at an awkward angle for a while. 

 

“By the way, I would end my career.” Taeyeon commented as she and Yuri began their walk back to the camp base.

 

“What?” Yuri asked, confused.

 

“Your question from earlier. I would rather end my career than kick one of you girls out.” Taeyeon replied with a soft smile.

 

Yuri chuckled as she wrapped an arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder. “I hope you can forgive me, Taeyeon.”

 

The leader laughed at this and put her arm around Yuri’s waist. “You’re already forgiven, Kkab Yul.”

 

Yuri laughed as well, “I haven’t heard that in a while. Hey, let’s prank the girls.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head but agreed, “Okay, what do you have in mind?”

 

***

 

“I wonder how they’re doing, they’ve been gone for a while now.” Tiffany said. As she anxiously glanced at the forest, hoping that her girlfriend or Yuri would appear.

 

“Maybe they killed each other?” Hyoyeon playfully commented, earning a light slap on the arm by Seohyun.

 

“Don’t say things like that, I’m kind of getting nervous now.” Yoona said as she bit her lip.

 

“I’m sure they’re fine, they might actually be reconciling right now.” Jessica said as she rubbed Yoona’s shoulder, trying to ease her nerves.

 

A few seconds later, Taeyeon and Yuri appeared, yelling at each other at the top of their lungs, and pushing each other.

 

“HEY! Calm down you two!” Sunny said as she quickly approached them, trying to separate them.

 

Yuri pushed Taeyeon to the ground, (not hard though) and got on top of her, making it look like she was about to punch her.

 

The other girls didn’t know what to do, they never seen Yuri get violent over anything. 

 

Then all of a sudden, Yuri collapsed on top of Taeyeon as they started to laugh together, they couldn’t hold it in anymore. They had seen the reactions they got from the other girls.

 

“Eh?” Sooyoung said, as the girls stared in confusion.

 

Yuri stood up and helped Taeyeon as well. “Nice one, Tae! We got them!” They hi-fived and turned towards the other girls.

 

“WHAT? Can one of y’all explain what that was?” Sunny asked.

 

Yuri wrapped her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder, “We talked about everything and we’ve reconciled.”

 

“Oh my god, really?” Tiffany asked as she gave one of her infamous eye smiles, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

 

“Yeah, everything is okay now. We’ve got a long way to go, but we’re okay.”

 

“GROUO HUG!” Yoona yelled as she ran towards YulTae.

 

“Wait, wait! I’m a midget!” Taeyeon said as she felt everyone around her.

 

“Shut up, Tae! Enjoy the moment!” Jessica said as she laughed.

 

“Wait, hold on! When did THAT happen?” Hyoyeon asked in surprise.

 

Everyone disbursed from the hug and looked at Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

“It happened this morning, we couldn’t sleep and we talked as well.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Wow, this is weird.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Yeah, but we’ll get through it, that’s why we’re here, remember?” Jessica responded, as she smiled at all of them.

 

“Right! Let’s do something else! But after another group hug!” Seohyun said, smiling brightly.

 

The other girls laughed and all hugged once more. 

 

It seems there are brighter days ahead from here on out.

 

 

[A/N: So, how was it? What do you think of YulTae’s convo? What else should they do? Leave a comment and thanks for reading! :)]