Drunk

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He dropped himself on his bed, sighing away the tiredness of the day (well tried to) and looked at the ceiling aimlessly. The day replayed itself in his head and he cringed at the usual awkwardice in his life. Just like every day, a normal high school day of Jin.

 

And yet there was something different. A heavy weight placed itself on his chest. With every breath a tear threatened to fall. It’s not like he didn’t know what was bothering him so much. He was already 18 years old. According the society he was a young adult now and soon, as soon he’s graduated, he’ll have to face the world on his own at college. And that scared him and as every day passed by, obviously, the day of graduation came closer as well. And it scared him to death! He was so used to this life of his, this room, this neighbourhood, the six idiots he has known as long as he could remember. Well, some he knew longer.

 

Yoongi and Hoseok had been with him ever since he could remember and even beyond that, evidence clearly in pictures of them being together as toddlers. They grew up in the same neighbourhood and their parents just happened to be high school friends. They had met Namjoon further down the path, at primary school and from there on their peergroup only expanded as Namjoon’s nephew came along with his best friend. His nephew being Taehyung and his best friend being Jimin. And the last person to join their group of friends was Jeongguk. Jin chuckled softly as he recalled the events where Taehyung had brought (more like dragged) the younger kid to their ‘secret’ hangout saying that he had adopted him since he didn’t have any friends. Clearly, he had misunderstood ‘adopting’, but they did kind of adopt him. Jeongguk was a lonely kid, even if he won’t admit it himself, he was shy around other and would never start a conversation randomly with a stranger. His personality was the total opposite of Tae’s, who couldn’t seem to shush once he opened his mouth, always getting excited as he met new people.

 

Jin was deemed the ‘responsible’ one of the group which kind of made him the mother. He wasn’t sure whether he liked that, but the others always relied on him if they ever had a problem. And he kind of liked that.

 

But let me tell you, Jin was by far the most ‘responsible’ one. Everyone expects him to do so well at college, that being an ‘adult’ would be easy for him. But the reality was that Jin didn’t want to grow old, take on the responsibilities of an adult. He didn’t even know what he wanted to be. He didn’t have an apparent talent like the rest does and he definitely has no idea what he wanted to do in future.

 

The heavy feeling once again dropped on his chest with a thud and he turned to his side, sighing once again. Almost there.

 

The ringtone of his phone pulled him out of the memory lane. Looking at the caller ID, a frown formed on his visage.

 

“You don’t usually call me. Is everything okay?”        

 

There was snickering on the other side and the Jin’s frown only seemed to deepen.

 

“Hyuuuung~”, he slurred, not sounding very sober.

 

For the nth time that evening a sigh left Jin’s lips. He stood up, balancing his phone carefully between his ear and shoulder, putting on his shoes again. “Where are you? I’m coming.”

 

The silence on the other side was worrisome and Jin could only pray that everything was okay. “I think I’m at that park. Do you remember?” a chuckle resounded in Jin’s ear, “Our ‘Secret’ Hangout.’”

 

“I’m on my way, stay there.” he hang up as he rushed out of his room.

 

His mom looked at him confused, hands on her side, “where are you going at this time?”

 

He turned around, smiling softly, “Yoongi needs me.”

 

----

It was your typical spring night. Chilly and clear. The best season of the year. He took another gulp of the beverage he had bought. He had just turned 18 years old, so now he was allowed to buy alcohol as much as he wanted. 1and that’s exactly what he did as soon as he got his pay check from his part time job.

 

Well… Yoongi was never the wisest… He was supposed to be the one living in the moment, making the best out of his life as he still could. He embodied that attitude, just like everyone expected him to. But he still couldn’t help the feeling that weighed him down as he worked at the store, having to be polite to the biggest ************ and ********. Smiling pretentiously at ********* who **** through the night, only ******* their own brains to mush. ******** being ********** demanding every *** as if they ******* own the ****** place. He hated it, but didn’t have another choice.

 

His mother insisted he get a part time job, where he could get his allowance from. It wasn’t easy for a mother to take care of three children by herself and Yoongi couldn’t refuse, didn’t want to. He had been a burden enough, he was 18 now. An adult according the society, it was only normal for him to act grown up and take on the responsibilities. But do I really need to?

 

He took another gulp and felt the alcohol burning inside him, making its way to his stomach, a pool of heat spreading. The spring chill didn’t bother as it used to and he looked up again, sighing -, trying to count the stars in the sky mindless

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter