Listen to me! Please... please Jinki...

You're all I could ask for, silly.

Onew POV: 

I was thinking about my brave actions.. rolling my eyes.. grabbing Jonghyun by the wrist. Ah.... Did he feel the electricity in the air? The warm beat of his pulse that beated against the tips of my fingers, sending my heartbeat itself into a frenzy.

"So.. tell us more about yourself, like where you shifted from, blah blah." Key said, cutting through my thoughts.

My brain automatically shifted to the subject of my bullying. The images flashed through my head, making me feel giddy. I forced myself to push away the traumatic experience to the back of my mind. It took effort, despite the practice I've had to do it.

I started to let out a long list of what I did back then, or to be more exact, what I did alone..

"Well... erm I came from Gwangmyeong area.... I play the piano, I really enjoy taking photos..oh.. and I joined the specialty music class particularly cos I enjoy singing. It started off as a game when I was playing truth or dare with my cousins.. but now it's an addiction. Do I really have to tell you all this? I have a really boring life. All my memories are stored in this single room... Pictures I took. Stuff like that." I blurted out. 

I frowned at how desperate I sounded, until Key opened his mouth, and started saying the things I never wanted to hear. 

"Most of the pictures are your family...where's your old friends? Or maybe a girlfriend of some sort.. you know... the clique..."

At the words girlfriend and clique, I flinched and whispered, hoping he'll stop.. "Don't"

"support system kinda thing, protecting you" 

"Have." I desperately clawed at my heart mentally, trying to put back the strong facade I had.

"from bullies, people who hurt you, that sort of thing.." 

Girlfriend. Clique. Bullies. Hurt. 'Protection'.

I snapped.

"I DON'T HAVE FRIENDS!" I screamed.

I started to sob, and I buried myself in my pillows, sure of them running away, escaping from the freak I am. I gasped from the loss of breath from crying, I shook, tremors working their way through my body.

I heard a clang of a metal tray land on my table, and then the scent of light apple and the sweet almost vanilla-like smell, that I inherited from her, of my mum covered me like a warm cavern, somewhere safe to hide in. She embraced me, and I hid myself in her. I let her soft words wash over me, and I felt my mind slowly locking up all the painful memories that were released in that instant. Her hands rubbed circles on my back, just like she did when I was small and fell off the swing, only to hurt myself and cry. 

I looked up, noticing they've disappeared. 

"The-they, le-left?" I hiccupped.

"No... I just sent them to the guest area, where all the guest rooms are." she murmured, hoping this wouldn't upset me.

"Thanks, mum.. it's just.. Key.. he mentioned all that friend stuff.. So..." 

"I know, sweetheart. Jinki.. go. I have a feeling they are just what you need."

I unfolded myself and stood, the energy drained out of me. I quietly shuffled to the guest area. The main door leading to the guest sitting room was ajar, and I edged it open. 

It was empty. 

I entered, and started to walk down the hallway which was laced with 5 doors, each leading to different guest rooms. 

First. Second. No one. Just as I turned to go to start on the left side of the hall, I heard murmurings. 

I spun, only to come face to face to the third door, which was hidden due to the bad lighting of the hallway.

It was barely ajar, open by half a inch.

Praying that it wasn't rusty on its hinges, I nudged it open. I put my eye to the now larger gap, to see Jonghyun, Key and Taemin sitting in a circle, the tea my mum had brought them which they then took, untouched. Jonghyun was sitting, facing towards the door, so I could see his face, while Taemin and Key sat infront of him, their backs to me.

There was a silence, the murmuring had stopped, before Taemin suddenly spoke up.

"I don't know hyung, shouldn't you give Onew appa a chance?" Taemin's voice 

"I'm not sure, though Jjong, really." Key.

"It's not that guys! It's just that... I can't stop thinking about him differently now! From when I saw him then, and now, I look at him, and it's like completely different! It's painful! I can't stand it!"

He hates me. Jonghyun, sweet, beautiful, heart-racing Jonghyun.

I let out a strangled sound. Too loud. I looked up quickly. 

Jonghyun had his gaze to the gap in the door, and I knew he had seen me.

I whirled around, running. Running away. Giving them the chance to get away from the broken, iimperfect, hated, idiot I am.

Just when I reached my room door, I felt 5 slender gentle yet firm fingers close around my wrist. I was jerked backed. I stood there with my back to him, not wanting to see him.

"Listen to me... Listen to me! Please.. please Jinki.. You've misunderstood me..." he whispered, his voice breaking over certain words.

I turned.

"And what?! Listen to you throw your ing words of insult right at me? Like what everyone else did? I know you hate me now Jonghyun. And guess what? I hate you too!" I spat.

His grip weakened suddenly, and I threw off his wrist and ran into my room. I locked the door. 

I sank down on to my knees, running my hands up my face to cover my wet eyes.

Jonghyun POV:

I collasped on the floor outside Jinki hyung's door. 

No... I don't hate you.. Please.. please Jinki... Listen.