The Tiger

loop

"Ah Mark. Glad you could make it." A male voice said as Mark sat down at his desk.

 

"Chief." Mark said looking up at him.

 

"I got a new case for you." The Chief said throwing down a file on Mark's desk.

 

"What is it?" Mark asked as he picked it up.

 

"Everyone calls him 'The Tiger'. He's a thief. Jewels, Money, Art. Hell he takes shoes if he wants. Nobody knows what he looks like and he hunts day or night, never in the same place. "

 

"And you want me to catch him?" Mark said confused "I don't know if you forgot Chief but I work homicide." Mark replied a he set down the file.

 

"You work whatever I want you to work. Which means this." Chief replied "Look, your my best detective. If anyone could find this guy it's you."

 

"I understand." Mark sighed.

 

"Good, get started." He said before heading back to his office.

 

-Scene-

 

Mark sighed once more as he opened the door to his apartment. 

 

"What's got you so upset?" A voice said as he walked into the living room.

 

Looking up he frowned "What are you doing here?" Mark asked.

 

"Came to check on you." The guy replied as Mark sat next to him.

 

"You don't need to check on me Jackson." Mark responded.

 

Jackson shrugged "You never answered my question." 

 

"What question was that?" Mark asked, leaning his head against the back of the couch.

 

"What's got you so upset." Jackson replied.

 

"I got a new case." Mark sighed as he looked away.

 

"And? You wouldn't be so stressed if it was something small. So, who died?"

 

"It's not a homicide case." Mark started slowly, glancing back.

 

"Did you get a idiot partner?" 

 

"No, it's not like that." Mark answered "Chief wants me to find 'The Tiger'." Mark finally said not looking in Jackson's direction.

 

"What?" Jackson asked, turning pale.

 

"Apparently since I'm so good at catching killers he thinks I have what it takes to catch a thief." Mark muttered.

 

"You told him no right?" Jackson said bitting his lip.

 

"I can't just deny the case. It would make him suspicious." 

 

"So you agreed?" 

 

"I had too." Mark frowned.

 

"Cut!" A voice said cutting off Jackson and making them both look over.

 

"Mark buddy you need to seem more upset about this! And you Jackson need to look more worried!" The director exclaimed.

 

"Sorry. Should we go again?" Mark asked.

 

"Let's take five." The director sighed. 

 

"Finally. I'm starving." Jackson groaned as he got up.

 

"You just ate like one hour ago." Mark said amused but followed him to the food table anyway.

 

"Acting makes me hungry." Jackson defended.

 

"How?" Mark asked.

 

Jackson shrugged "It just does."

 

"Can this even be considered acting?" Mark wondered.

 

"What do you mean?" Jackson asked as he stuffed a donut in his mouth.

 

"Well, aren't we technically just reenacting a past loop?" Mark replied thinking of the time when he really was a cop chasing Jackson.

 

"Key word Acting." Jackson replied. "Besides it's not like anyone will be able to prove any of this happened so why not make it into a tv show?" Jackson chuckled.

 

"You just want to be a thief again." Mark said with a snort.

 

"Maybe." Jackson grinned.