Chapter 2

Our Bad Romance

The next day, it was still raining…

 

“This is so not how I pictured the first week of classes…” Ren muttered, standing under his umbrella with a slight irritated expression.  He managed to get a different umbrella to use today, but he still hated that it was raining because here was a small flashback of yesterday, particularly the encounter he had with that host club member Jin… standing in the rain and how beautiful he looked.

 

Ren shook his head, snapping out of it, scolding himself for remembering such a thing and allowing himself to get flustered over it. “Seriously, how is a guy that pretty?” He muttered before snickering and rolling his eyes. “Obviously besides myself…”

 

“Good morning, dear Rin.” He suddenly heard Jin’s voice say behind him at the crosswalk he was standing at two blocks away from school. He literally froze in his spot, feeling like his soul left his body, maybe it did and was on its way to school without his body! Did Jin just hear him say that?! Man, he just couldn’t catch a break this week could he? First falling down in front of Jin and now blurting out something like that, too!

 

“M-Morning!” He turned to greet him before he frowned. “Where’s your umbrella?” He immediately noticed Jin’s drenched hoodie. “You’re going to get sick!” Without really thinking about it, he stepped over to shield Jin from the pouring rain with his own umbrella. *Cue Rhianna lol*

 

“I didn’t think it was going to rain again.” Jin gave an embarrassed chuckle. “I forgot my umbrella this time.”

 

“You should always prepare before weather strikes. Look at the forecast more often, will you?” Ren lightly scolded, looking away with a faint blush when Jin just smiled at him. “C’mon, let’s go.”

 

“Right, thanks!”

 

💓

 

“You came to school together?” LiNa asked as Jin took his seat next to her in the back of the classroom. He and Rin has just walked into the class together and parted shortly after to greet their friends. The girl could see the other girl getting swarmed by questions by her group of guy friends, some of them sneaking glances back at their table.

 

“We happened to run into each other again on the way here. It might happen more in the future, unless she takes a different route?” Jin was saying as he pulled out his stuff for class. That’s when he noticed LiNa glancing at Rin and her friends with narrowed eyes. “What is it? You don’t like her?” Jin chuckled.

 

“I don’t know about her…” LiNa answered honestly. “She gives me an odd vibe. Like she has a lot of secrets.”

 

“You’re just over thinking it.”

 

“Even so… I hope she’s not like the other girls who fling themselves at you because you’re popular.”

 

“Awh, but those kind of girls are cute-ah~! It was a joke!” Jin wined when LiNa elbowed him in the side. “I don’t think we have to worry about her, she seems too shy to do something like that.”

 

“Maybe it’s an act?”

 

“Or maybe she’s actually shy.”

 

“Or maybe it’s actually an act.”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“Awh, is my little LiNa jealous?! It’s okay cutie pie, don’t worry about it!”

 

“I’m worrying.” LiNa pouted, folding her arms across her chest.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“Look at you two, coming to school together. Already boyfriend and girlfriend, huh?!” Aron teased, earning an unfriendly glare from Ren. “You sure move fast!”

 

“Did you hold hands?” Minhyun nudged their friend who now had a bright red face.


“They did?!” Baekho gasped when Ren didn’t reply right away.

 

“No!” Ren almost shouted. “Knock it off! There’s nothing going on between us, seriously… hell, it’s only the second day!”

 

“Time doesn’t exist when it comes to love.” JR grinned. “The heart wants what it wants.”

 

“Don’t go Selena Gomez on me…” Ren muttered.

 

“This is exciting!” Minhyun gushed. “I can’t wait to see how your relationship blossoms!”

 

“What relationship?!” Ren complained. “Just shut up!” His friends seriously were jerks sometimes, always picking on him.

 

Shortly after, class started. And just like yesterday, Ren could feel 15 pairs of eyes burning into the back of his head. But suddenly he felt the 16th pair… I’m losing my mind. He thought to himself with a huge frown. Why could he count the pairs of eyes, why?! This was ridiculous! But now that there was 16 pairs of eyes… was it Jin? Check the time. He thought before shifting in his seat. When he looked back, he could see Jin’s friend LiNa looking at him with slightly narrowed eyes like she was judging her. Crap~! Maybe that is his girlfriend?! He panicked. He remember she was in the room when he walked in with Jin. Crap, crap, crap!

 

“What’s wrong?” Minhyun whispered while nudging him a little.

 

“Nothing.” Ren shook his head and tried to focus on the lecture.

 

Soon class was over and there was nothing more he wanted than to run all the way home to the safety of his room. “Wait, where are you rushing off to?” Minhyun stopped him by the wrist, the way he was acting really concerned his friends.

 

“Hurry, let’s go!” Ren ushered them before glancing around the room. Jin was already gone but LiNa was still here and she was approaching them. She’s going to murder me! He exaggerated in his mind, imagining a fiery inferno around her as she got closer. To kick it up a notch, he suddenly collapsed to his knees once she was standing in front of him and he shielded his face with his arm all dramatically. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know~! Please spare me!”

 

“What are you doing, Rin?!” Minhyun laughed while making his way around the table to kneel behind his fallen friend.

 

“Is something wrong? Did something happen?” Aron asked while looking back and forth between the girl and Ren.

 

“You’re funny.” LiNa suddenly laughed. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

 

“You aren’t? After I walked in here with your boyfriend?” Ren asked innocently as Minhyun helped him up.

 

“Jin isn’t my boyfriend!” She quickly said. “We’re just friends.”

 

“Then why were you judging me earlier?” Ren frowned, clueless now.

 

“You’re new around here. I was just being cautious… a lot of girls like to fling themselves at Jin and I was just making sure you weren’t one of them.”

 

“I-I’m not.” Ren shook his head.

 

“Good. You have been spared.” She joked, using what Ren said earlier. Seeing him still in his spot made her laugh again, like he took her words seriously. “Just be careful about the other girls, okay.” She added before giving a small wave and leaving out the room.

 

“Wow, that was intense.” Baekho mumbled as they watched LiNa leave.

 

“I guess you’ll just have to see Jin in secre-ow~!” Aron doubled over when Ren elbowed him in the stomach. He didn’t say a words and marched out of the room embarrassed for his actions earlier. His other friends just laughed before going after Ren.

 

💓

 

“Rin!” Jin called out as he spotted Ren leaving the campus alone. His other friends had another class or had to leave early, so he was by himself right now. Hearing Jin calling after him made him freeze, literally. “Going home?!” The pretty boy asked once he caught up to him.

 

“Uh… yes.” Ren nodded.

 

“Want me to walk you home?”

 

“No thanks, I’m okay!” He quickly shook his head.

 

“Awh, c’mon~! It’ll be fun!” Jin beamed. “It’s nice to have someone to walk with after a rainy day!” The rain had cleared up by now as the sun was shining.

 

“... alright.” Ren caved, adoring the bright smile the boy was giving. How could he say no to him now?!

 

“Great, let’s get going then!”

 

The two left the campus together and headed to Ren’s place first. On the way there, they started talking about stuff from their class earlier, it was interesting since they both had paid attention and actually could hold a conversation on the topic. But eventually the conversation steered towards Jin’s popularity. Ren mentioned his encounter with LiNa earlier and the boy laughed.

 

“Sorry about that, she can get overprotective sometimes. She’s just looking out for me.” He added.

 

“I understand.”

 

“Did she scare you?”

 

“A little… she looked like she was about to murder me.”

 

“She’s kind of intimidating when she’s in protective mode, don’t mind her.” Jin assured him with a cute laugh. “Our other friend Mei Yi is worse, so watch out for her.”

 

“So you don’t have a girlfriend, right?” Ren asked, a bit hesitant.

 

“Why? Are you interested in me?” Jin gave a small wink.

 

“Not in the slightest!” He blushed, looking away instantly.

 

“No, I don’t have a girlfriend. I wouldn’t be in the host club if I did. The girls would be so jealous!”

 

“Does that mean as long as you’re in the host club…?” The way Ren said that sounded like he was disappointed and Jin caught onto it. He thought it was cute!

 

“Things change.” Jin smiled. It looked like those words gave Ren some hope now. “So, is this your place?” He snapped Ren out of his thought while pointing over at the large estate.

 

“Yes.” He quickly nodded before hurrying to the gate. “Thanks for walking me, bye!” And he disappeared after entering.

 

“Aw, she’s pretty awkward.” Jin laughed to himself before heading home.

 

💓

 

Ren found himself thinking about Jin for the rest of the day. From their encounter this morning to when he walked him home. He knocked on his forehead a few time when he recalled him asking about Jin having a girlfriend and how obvious he was being about it. Jin must think he’s interested in him now, right? Well he was lying when he said he wasn’t! But… he’s a guy. He sighed to himself as he was lying on the living room couch. I’m a guy… living a lie. “This is some messed up storyline.” He said out loud with a laugh.

 

“Something going on at school?” His grandfather asked from his chair near the couch. He was currently reading the newspaper right now.

 

“I don’t know.” Ren replied.

 

“Sounds like you do know.”

 

“I don’t really wanna talk about it.” The younger sighed, lying on his side now. He fixed his skirt a bit when he turned, the fabric got stuck on the couch. Yes, he had to live that lie at home, too.

 

“If you don’t want to talk about it, how about you start dinner instead.”

 

“... seriously? I was at school all day!” He complained, sitting up.

 

“I was at work since 5am. Top that.” The elder chuckled.

 

“Eugh, fine!” Ren got up and straightened out his clothes. “What should I make?”

 

“Anything’s good.”

 

“Choco Pies and Potato Chips coming right up.” Ren headed for the kitchen.

 

“Choi Min Ki, you better no-”

 

“I know, I was kidding!” Ren called back from the kitchen with a laugh.

 

He pulled out what he needed to start dinner, he figured to make Kimchi Stew since it was his favorite and also his grandmother’s favorite. She was still at work until 7pm tonight, so it should be done by the time she gets home. While he was preparing the ingredients, he started to think of Jin again. “Seriously, it’s only been two days.” He muttered and he chopped up some vegetables. “I act like some housewife whose husband left for the military or something.”

 

Now that the dinner was officially started, he returned to the living room to wait on the couch.

 

“Boy problems?” The elder asked after a few minutes.

 

“What?”

 

“Is that what’s bothering you?”

 

“... no.”

 

“What’s his name?” He smiled, amused that his grandson was already having issues with boys.

 

“Jin.” He didn’t even deny it. It really was bothering him! Maybe if he talked about it, he’d feel better… “It’s weird because… I know I’m not gay. I’m not attracted to guys but I’m attracted to him. He’s so pretty and….”

 

“And?”

 

“Nevermind.” Saying it out loud made him really embarrassed.

 

“Minki…”

 

“I said nevermind!” Ren blushed, crossing his arms. His grandfather just laughed before returning to his newspaper.

 

“Okay, we’ll talk about it another time.”

 

“Or never…” Ren muttered. Am I really gay? He wondered to himself, the image of Jin’s beautiful smile stuck on his mind. Am I falling for Jin?


Chapter two~!

 

I0X8I6GQcT5BWafUdUC4kUmGiNljZ90JZBr1ZFOp

Yo, Chapter two is here!

55bnrEWguqwTtFebpvlfQDY7tclWTkRS6uIxhcTV

Sorry for the delay and sorry if it’s short!

Just been having a hard time piecing the ideas together ><

gUsfLqMtxv-LnpWU4SiHlqMVrN7jvovpH1P402-X

Hopefully I can have another chapter out soon~! Until then! ^^