Magic

The Puzzle

Yoongi POV

He tossed his written formula list into a waste basket and laid on his bed, waiting for Jimin to come home.

Had she finally figure out what he really was?

He knew he couldn’t say the term to her unless she figured it out herself since it was against the law but hopefully his subtle hints had driven her in the right direction.

To move forward with her problem, she had to find out about his kind. To even reverse this, he needed her more than ever but he also needed help from a few others.

It was difficult for him to accept that this had even happened under his watch. It was because he was so out of practice, he couldn’t protect her. He had suppressed his nature for a long time to pursue music and he had hoped that he would never encounter something big as this.

Someone else had done something to her at the party and he will find out who.

He cracked his knuckles and sat up on his bed.

Whoever did it, will pay.

“Yoongi!” Jimin yelled through the door.

“Come in!” Yoongi sat forward on his bed.

He was prepared to be discreet as possible. He touched a pulse in his neck where a hidden chip was found underneath the layers of skin. Otherwise, they would know.

“There you are! I was looking everywhere for you!”

Jimin walked through his door alone although he was prepared to see Hoseok as well.

“Where’s Hobi?” He asked, looking outside the door.

“He said he’s tired.” Jimin slowly smiled. “Anyway, that’s not why I came here for.”

Jimin looked strangely out of breath. “Sit down.” He offered his computer chair.

Jimin sat on the chair and stared straight at him. “I have a few questions I wanted you to answer.”

Yoongi sat up straighter and gulped. Here it comes.

The spell placed on her was so well done that it was almost as if he was actually alone in his room with a girl rather than Jimin.  

“You know something about what happened to me the day I turned, yeah?” Jimin crossed her arms, suspiciously.

“Perhaps.” He said slowly. He touched his neck casually but didn’t feel anything happen. He was safe, for now.

Jimin’s eyes lit up, surprisingly. “I knew it.” She mumbled. “Can you explain it to me then?”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

Yoongi noticed that Jimin’s fists were clenched. She was really trying not to pry him open so forcibly and he praised her for that.

“You have to figure it out yourself.” He hated himself for saying that but verbally it was just impossible to give it away without hurting himself.

“Ah—really?” Jimin laughed nervously but he knew she was pissed. “But why give me a hint then? You know this is serious right? We have people relying on me to return to normal. Withholding information like this will get you in trouble.”

He knew that but it just wasn’t possible for him. “I know you’re going through a tough time. I want you to tell me what you really think about what you know about this situation. Maybe it will help you figure it out.”

“I don’t want to play games. You’re always so straightforward but why are you like this right now?” Jimin sighed angrily.

Yoongi knew the mood had suddenly turned sour. He couldn’t blame her. He would have been frustrated as well.

“Okay, since you can’t tell me, let me ask you this. Do you have anything to do with me turning into a girl?” Jimin asked suddenly.

“No, I don’t.” He didn’t say it proudly, rather, he was sad he couldn’t be strong enough to stop it from happening.

“Good, but that’s probably all I’m getting from you am I right?” Jimin eyed him, unsatisfied.

“Listen, I can help you through this. You just have to figure out a small part for me.”

Jimin didn’t say anything. She sat there and stared at his bed. Finally, she looked up at him. “I don’t know if I can trust you anymore.”

The words stung more than he expected.

Before he could say anything, Jimin was already reaching for the door.

“Wait!” He grabbed onto her wrist. “You already know about…magic right?” A sudden painful sting went through his neck and he used his other hand to clamp over the pulse, tightly.

Jimin stared at him wide eyed.

He clenched his teeth and stared desperately at her. “Please figure it out from here for both our sakes.” The pain became fiercer and he suddenly couldn’t stand it any longer. He opened the door to his room, shoved her out and quickly locked it.

“Yoongi! What do you mean?!” Jimin knocked on his door and continued to yell his name.

He reached for his pillow and covered his ears with it to drown out the noise. He heard his pulse louder than it has ever been before. He had never said the word in years and never to someone who was not like him. The pain was still there but once Jimin gave up, it slowly subsided.

That was the last hint he’d ever give her.

“You’re smart Jimin, figure it out.” He said it to himself and pulled out a bunch of equipment from a hidden door in the wall of his room. In the meantime, he would find out how to reverse this on his own.

Jimin POV

After what had happened to Yoongi, she wanted to desperately believe he was being secretive with her for a reason. He was a serious man usually and to even joke with her with something like this wasn’t like him at all.

If he was being serious, then she would have to figure it out.

“Magic.” The words sounded foreign to her ears at that moment.

Was it possible that Yoongi truly believed in magic? Sorcery? The words she usually referred to as mumbo jumbo?

Maybe he even practiced the craft. Would that make him a…?

“Jimin? Are you okay?” Taehyung stared at her, worried.

It had been one full night since Yoongi had locked her out of his room. Anytime they even saw each other, they would avoid each other’s eyes. Taehyung had taken her to the doctor’s appointment and they were resting in the waiting room for her scan.

 “Yeah I’m fine. It’s been a long night.” She yawned.

“Did you find out anything from Yoongi?” Taehyung drummed his hands on his knees, absentmindedly.

Now, she was wondering if he was okay.

“Barely. He told me he had nothing to do with the incident but he knows something and he won’t tell me. It irritating.” Jimin sighed. “But I guess I got to find out what he means. That’s the only way he’ll help me.”

“Yeah, I heard from Jin that he locked you out of his room last night.” Taehyung chuckled, nervously.

“He is acting way too strange for someone uninvolved, don’t you think? I mean, I don’t even know how to act around him until I figure it out. I don’t want to be laughed at either so I have to be sure when I confront him.” Jimin placed a finger on her chin.

“Mhhm.” Taehyung frowned slightly.

They were sitting on opposite couches that faced each other. After the small incident the other day, she didn’t know if she could sit next to Taehyung without his hands acting inappropriately.

Her legs were crossed and she used her foot to kick him in the shin lightly. “What’s up with you?”

Taehyung grumbled a little but forced a smile. “Listen, from friend to friend, I’m beginning to think that you shouldn’t be alone in a room with a guy.”

“What do you mean?” She asked, confused and taken aback.  

Taehyung sat forward in his chair. “It’s not that difficult to understand but you’re a girl now.” He looked around in case anyone heard. “I just think in your current state, you got to be a little more careful.”

“Wait, you’re saying I should be careful around guys I’ve been living with for a couple years? You don’t trust them?”

“It’s not that I don’t trust them....I just don’t trust them around you right now.” Taehyung looked away and slightly blushed. “I’ve seen Namjoon in your room, now you’re in Yoongi’s room and I just don’t think it’s wise.”

She sat back on her seat and crossed her arms. “What do you think is going to happen, exactly?” She raised one eye brow.

“I don’t know….things. You know like, weird things?” Taehyung waved his hands in the air to explain. “I mean I know they can control their urges but maybe they won’t one day and they see you—“

She burst out laughing. “What the hell, Taehyung!” She held onto her stomach and doubled over. “That’s what got you all flustered this morning?” She laughed harder and wiped a tear.

“I think my reasons to worry are valid!” Taehyung’s face grew redder. “Why else would we separate you from our room?”

“You separated me so you guys wouldn’t get ?” She laughed harder. “You’re killing me. You guys are my friends. That’s insane.”

Taehyung frowned. “Yeah, sure. Laugh all you want. Just warning you.” He crossed his arms.

“But if I were alone with you in your room, you wouldn’t be saying the same thing right?” Jimin grinned cheekily.

“…Why would I think differently? You definitely shouldn’t trust me.” With serious eyes, Taehyung stared right back at her.

It was like a knot had formed in and she didn’t know what to say because she was dazed by Taehyung’s stare. Combined with his words it sounded, dare she say….y?

Flustered she looked at her knees and back and Taehyung. “Y-yeah you’re right. You do have wandering hands.” She chuckled nervously and praised the world when the nurse finally called her in.

She avoided eye contact with Taehyung, entered the room, and a felt a wash of relief. She was so startled by his words that she almost didn’t remember why she there in the first place.

 

-------------------------------

Author's Note: Thank you guys for the comments and upvotes again! ;-; I want to update a lot faster but I got school and such ~-~ but anways, I'm so greatful for the reads, subscribers, and comments! 

Also, who's also ready for "Fire" omg I can't wait!